LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next  [ 283 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020 Misc MLB News

Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: September 19, 2020, 3:54 PM Post
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/299 ... mmediately

Gardenhire retires immediately in a video conference just over an hour before the game. Very odd timing. Artice alludes to health issues. Wish him the best.

Posted: September 19, 2020, 6:54 PM Post
Global Moderator
I heard on MLB Radio this morning that Verlander is of the Tom Brady mood—he intends to pitch until he’s 45 or so.

They were positing that they surgery is just a pit stop and he should get another 5 years on his arm.

Now, that’s all assuming everything goes well, no setbacks, and future health. I wish him the best of luck.

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Posted: September 23, 2020, 7:29 AM Post
Global Moderator
Happy Anniversary to Brant Brown dropping a fly ball against the Brewers to essentially lose the game (RIP Rod Beck):

https://twitter.com/TDISportsClips/stat ... 6900323328

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Posted: September 23, 2020, 8:37 AM Post
Global Moderator
homer said:
(RIP Rod Beck):

Wow... I hadn't realized 1)he'd passed 2)that he passed so long ago and 3)the sad circumstances surrounding his passing.

Posted: September 24, 2020, 11:24 PM Post
https://mobile.twitter.com/barstoolspor ... 3406116866

Interesting that the doors were unlocked.

Posted: September 25, 2020, 12:49 AM Post
stoutdude04 said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1309323503406116866

Interesting that the doors were unlocked.

Nearly all of the doors at Miller Park are unlocked majority of the time. The freight delivery where the players come in is notorious for being unlocked and not all that well guarded. I worked for my family's business one summer and the freight guy delivered our delivery to the Miller Park loading dock we were on the other side of Miller Park and were wondering where our stuff was all day. Finally got a call from the Miller Park security group at about 3-hours before a game started and they said we had to get our stuff out of the loading dock as the players were having a hard time getting in.

Positive note I got to meet Prince Fielder he even asked if he could help us move the stuff. We had to bring in the excavator just to move the stuff. I still laugh about this every once in a while whenever I see Prince. My grandfather was like you aint lifting this stuff up big guy.

Posted: September 25, 2020, 12:23 PM Post
Interesting. I did not realize that. Where is the security then? That is shocking.

Posted: September 25, 2020, 1:10 PM Post
Global Moderator
On today's Effectively Wild podcast they responded to an email from a Phillies fan asking if their team’s percentage of blown leads in games they lost this season was on pace for the major league record (Phillies have had the lead in around 65% of their losses this season).

Well it turns out the major league record for the highest percentage of leads in games it lost goes to the 2017 Milwaukee Brewers who led in 50 of the 76 games they lost that season (65.8%). That team missed the playoffs by ONE game.

Here is a link to the entire spreadsheet of teams that held the highest percentage of leads in games they lost: Blown Leads Spreadsheet

Posted: September 26, 2020, 1:35 PM Post
I think I figured out why hitters are striking out more. Starters throwing 100-102 with 94-95 mph sliders.

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/statu ... 2000329730

Posted: September 26, 2020, 10:34 PM Post
Just in the limited amount of games I have seen this year, let alone of another team (Angels), Jo Adell has basically given up 3 home runs himself plus another absolutely awful play on a fly ball. One of the home runs went off his head and over the fence, one went off his glove (granted, this one he had to make a pretty good catch), and then tonight he hit a ball over the fence off his glove that wasn’t even going to be a home run.

Is he that bad of an outfielder or just having absolutely brutal luck and I just happen to always be watching when it happens? [laughing] Regardless, to see that many poor plays from one guy when I’m not even a fan of that team and just happen to have them on is pretty incredible.

Posted: September 26, 2020, 10:47 PM Post
Adell is a great prospect, but his season is making Keston Hiura's look like a breakout season.

Posted: September 29, 2020, 9:29 AM Post
No managers fired the day after the season ended. That has to be a first, right? I guess Roenicke but he technically wasn't fired and it happened on Sunday. Is there even anyone on the hot seat right now?

Posted: October 04, 2020, 1:48 PM Post
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Adam Wainwright and Yadier Molina "have discussed privately the possibility of going elsewhere to play, together."
It's hard to imagine either playing for another team, and a reunion with the Cardinals for both is certainly still possible, if not likely. However, it would appear the veteran battery is keeping their options open. Molina, 38, has expressed a desire to play for two more seasons, and Goold says the Cards "have had discussions about what a return contract would look like." Wainwright, 39, surely would only command a one-year deal.

RELATED: Yadier Molina
SOURCE: St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Oct 4, 2020, 1:06 PM ET

Reuntied in Milwaukee perhaps?

I'd love to have Waignwright for a year. but my hate for Molina is too strong to want him in a Brewer uniform.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Posted: October 04, 2020, 2:49 PM Post
turborickey said:
Derrick Goold of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports that Adam Wainwright and Yadier Molina "have discussed privately the possibility of going elsewhere to play, together."
It's hard to imagine either playing for another team, and a reunion with the Cardinals for both is certainly still possible, if not likely. However, it would appear the veteran battery is keeping their options open. Molina, 38, has expressed a desire to play for two more seasons, and Goold says the Cards "have had discussions about what a return contract would look like." Wainwright, 39, surely would only command a one-year deal.

RELATED: Yadier Molina
SOURCE: St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Oct 4, 2020, 1:06 PM ET

But how would Chris Carpenter explain this to his son?

Posted: October 04, 2020, 2:51 PM Post
Weird that they would leave. It’s not like the Cardinals can’t compete next year.

Posted: October 04, 2020, 4:03 PM Post
I think they will stay... Just talk and headlines.

Posted: October 09, 2020, 5:18 PM Post
Athletics general manager David Forst said Friday that the team is interested in re-signing second baseman Tommy La Stella.

Forst gushed about La Stella on Friday, telling reporters, "He's the kind of guy who, when you play against him, you think you have a sense of how good he is. Then when you see him every day, you really appreciate the things he does. What he brought to our lineup the last month was critical to where we went." The 31-year-old hit .289/.369/.423 with a homer and 11 RBI in 27 games with the A's following a mid-season trade from the Angels. He then hit .296 (8-for-27) with a homer and two in the postseason.

SOURCE: Martin Gallegos on Twitter
Oct 9, 2020, 6:27 PM ET

Posted: October 12, 2020, 9:34 PM Post
Global Moderator
Billy Beane is reportedly going to leave the Oakland A’s in order to work for Red Sox owner John Henry. Apparently he would no longer work in baseball, but instead would assist on other sports ventures including assisting with the Henry owned Liverpool Football Club of the English Premier League. I knew he was into soccer, but sort of a surprising move after a long career in baseball.

Posted: October 13, 2020, 10:50 AM Post
Eye Black said:
Billy Beane is reportedly going to leave the Oakland A’s in order to work for Red Sox owner John Henry. Apparently he would no longer work in baseball, but instead would assist on other sports ventures including assisting with the Henry owned Liverpool Football Club of the English Premier League. I knew he was into soccer, but sort of a surprising move after a long career in baseball.

There's more money in the EPL than there is in baseball. Despite 10 less teams and less than 400 matches the EPL made 6 billion in revenue. baseball was at 9 billion and doesn't have anywhere near the global reach.

Posted: October 16, 2020, 2:59 PM Post
Not MLB news, but this has just become the next thing I hope to see happen to the cardinals.

https://twitter.com/ActionNetworkHQ/status/1317131922758303744

Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 15  Next  [ 283 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply