LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 277 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020 Misc MLB News

Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 02, 2020, 6:50 PM Post
This past weekend, Jon Lester, in appreciation of Cubs fans, bought over $30K in Miller Lites at four Wrigley neighborhood bars (and added a 34% tip for a total tab of $47K).

With bars and restaurants in Chicago closing for indoor service as of 6am Friday morning, I want to know how that many beers were served in limited outdoor dining space.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 05, 2020, 12:27 PM Post
Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that players want to keep the universal designated hitter for 2021, but owners want them to agree to keep the expanded playoffs for the 2021 season in exchange.

Passan adds that "players don't find that to be a particularly equitable trade" and that "some executives believe the universal DH will stick around, even if the MLBPA doesn't agree to the expanded playoffs." A decision on whether to keep the DH in the National League next season would seemingly have to be made relatively early in the offseason, as teams need to plan accordingly.

SOURCE: ESPN.com
Nov 4, 2020, 4:51 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 05, 2020, 1:29 PM Post
#RyanBraunForever

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 06, 2020, 11:19 PM Post

GIF Master
Brewers legend and all of our favorite, Erik Kratz, is hanging up his cleats:

https://twitter.com/ErikKratz31/status/ ... 9593605122

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 07, 2020, 4:17 PM Post
This is good news. I didn't want this trainwreck anywhere near a Brewers uniform.

Jeff Passan of ESPN reports the Blue Jays and free agent left-hander Robbie Ray are in agreement on a one-year, $8 million deal.

The agreement will go down as a re-signing after the Jays acquired the southpaw from the Diamondbacks near the trade deadline this past season. With the Jays, Ray posted a 4.79 ERA and 1.74 WHIP while striking out 25 in 20 2/3 innings of work. Passan reports the club will use the 29-year-old as a starter next year.

SOURCE: Jeff Passan on Twitter
Nov 7, 2020, 3:01 PM ET

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 07, 2020, 9:01 PM Post
turborickey said:
This is good news. I didn't want this trainwreck anywhere near a Brewers uniform.

Jeff Passan of ESPN reports the Blue Jays and free agent left-hander Robbie Ray are in agreement on a one-year, $8 million deal.

The agreement will go down as a re-signing after the Jays acquired the southpaw from the Diamondbacks near the trade deadline this past season. With the Jays, Ray posted a 4.79 ERA and 1.74 WHIP while striking out 25 in 20 2/3 innings of work. Passan reports the club will use the 29-year-old as a starter next year.

SOURCE: Jeff Passan on Twitter
Nov 7, 2020, 3:01 PM ET

Very good news. I also wanted no part of him and his walks....especially at $8 million. W00F.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2020, 6:42 PM Post
Global Moderator
Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post Dispatch thought Ryan Tepera was the 10th most valuable player in the National League this year.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2020, 7:36 PM Post
Global Moderator
sveumrules said:
Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post Dispatch thought Ryan Tepera was the 10th most valuable player in the National League this year.

I feel like there has to be more to that story. Just really strange.

Also, I hope Tepera has an “MVP votes” performance bonus in his contract so it will at least cost the Cubs a few extra dollars.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2020, 7:54 PM Post
Global Moderator
Eye Black said:
sveumrules said:

I feel like there has to be more to that story. Just really strange.

Also, I hope Tepera has an “MVP votes” performance bonus in his contract so it will at least cost the Cubs a few extra dollars.

I thought maybe he had like 4 or 5 dominant outings against the Cardinals this year since the writer was from STL so I looked up his splits, 2 games, 2.1 IP, 2 ER, 7.71 ERA...nope.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 12, 2020, 9:55 PM Post
sveumrules said:

It was an accident. https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs/how-cubs-reliever-ryan-tepera-got-mvp-vote

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2020, 9:56 AM Post

GIF Master
Kim Ng has broken the glass ceiling with the Marlins. She's their new GM!

https://twitter.com/Marlins/status/1327276960595243009

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2020, 10:25 AM Post
dlk9s said:

Savvy Marlins paying her per vowel.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2020, 11:26 AM Post
dlk9s said:

That's great news if she was the best qualified person to choose from... I hope they didn't hire her just because she's a woman.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2020, 11:35 AM Post

GIF Master
She's extremely qualified. As an added benefit, Aubrey Huff is probably breaking things in his house right now.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2020, 11:36 AM Post
dlk9s said:
She's extremely qualified. As an added benefit, Aubrey Huff is probably breaking things in his house right now.

That's funny. Cuz hes a turd.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2020, 12:05 PM Post
turborickey said:
dlk9s said:

That's great news if she was the best qualified person to choose from... I hope they didn't hire her just because she's a woman.

Have you seen her resume? Do you ask that "best-qualified" question every time a new GM is hired?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2020, 12:11 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Given her resume, if she was a man she would have been made a GM at least 10 years ago and her first GM job would have been with a much higher profile franchise than the Marlins. But still, kudos to the Marlins for this move.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2020, 12:20 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
The funniest part about this hire is that Aubrey Huff is now the #1 trend on Twitter and he hasn't even said anything today.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2020, 4:35 PM Post
Underachiever said:
turborickey said:
dlk9s said:

Have you seen her resume? Do you ask that "best-qualified" question every time a new GM is hired?

I have not seen her resume.

If she was the best qualified person, and not hired based on her gender, good for her.

I see that you want to call me a sexist, why not just say it and be done with it?

I'm assuming that when GMs are hired, they are hired because of their qualifications, but if gender is a qualification, then I disagree with that kind of reasoning.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2020, 6:07 PM Post
Kim Ng apparently put in the grunt work, earning this job...unlike my namesake, Wendy Selig-Prieb, whose only qualification was to be Bud's offspring. I remember her embarrassing our team by offering key front office positions to her teenage crush, Paul Molitor, every other winter. After he gave her the finger the first time, she should have shown some pride, and stopped begging...

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 277 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply