LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 277 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020 Misc MLB News

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 02, 2020, 6:50 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7011
This past weekend, Jon Lester, in appreciation of Cubs fans, bought over $30K in Miller Lites at four Wrigley neighborhood bars (and added a 34% tip for a total tab of $47K).

With bars and restaurants in Chicago closing for indoor service as of 6am Friday morning, I want to know how that many beers were served in limited outdoor dining space.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 05, 2020, 12:27 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12205
Jeff Passan of ESPN reports that players want to keep the universal designated hitter for 2021, but owners want them to agree to keep the expanded playoffs for the 2021 season in exchange.

Passan adds that "players don't find that to be a particularly equitable trade" and that "some executives believe the universal DH will stick around, even if the MLBPA doesn't agree to the expanded playoffs." A decision on whether to keep the DH in the National League next season would seemingly have to be made relatively early in the offseason, as teams need to plan accordingly.

SOURCE: ESPN.com
Nov 4, 2020, 4:51 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 05, 2020, 1:29 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 15280
Location: Milwaukee, WI
#RyanBraunForever

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 06, 2020, 11:19 PM Post
User avatar

GIF Master
Posts: 9200
Brewers legend and all of our favorite, Erik Kratz, is hanging up his cleats:

https://twitter.com/ErikKratz31/status/ ... 9593605122


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 07, 2020, 4:17 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12205
This is good news. I didn't want this trainwreck anywhere near a Brewers uniform.

Jeff Passan of ESPN reports the Blue Jays and free agent left-hander Robbie Ray are in agreement on a one-year, $8 million deal.

The agreement will go down as a re-signing after the Jays acquired the southpaw from the Diamondbacks near the trade deadline this past season. With the Jays, Ray posted a 4.79 ERA and 1.74 WHIP while striking out 25 in 20 2/3 innings of work. Passan reports the club will use the 29-year-old as a starter next year.

SOURCE: Jeff Passan on Twitter
Nov 7, 2020, 3:01 PM ET

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 07, 2020, 9:01 PM Post
Posts: 802
turborickey said:
This is good news. I didn't want this trainwreck anywhere near a Brewers uniform.

Jeff Passan of ESPN reports the Blue Jays and free agent left-hander Robbie Ray are in agreement on a one-year, $8 million deal.

The agreement will go down as a re-signing after the Jays acquired the southpaw from the Diamondbacks near the trade deadline this past season. With the Jays, Ray posted a 4.79 ERA and 1.74 WHIP while striking out 25 in 20 2/3 innings of work. Passan reports the club will use the 29-year-old as a starter next year.

SOURCE: Jeff Passan on Twitter
Nov 7, 2020, 3:01 PM ET


Very good news. I also wanted no part of him and his walks....especially at $8 million. W00F.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 12, 2020, 6:42 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 3331
Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post Dispatch thought Ryan Tepera was the 10th most valuable player in the National League this year.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 12, 2020, 7:36 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 8694
sveumrules said:
Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post Dispatch thought Ryan Tepera was the 10th most valuable player in the National League this year.

I feel like there has to be more to that story. Just really strange.

Also, I hope Tepera has an “MVP votes” performance bonus in his contract so it will at least cost the Cubs a few extra dollars.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 12, 2020, 7:54 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 3331
Eye Black said:
sveumrules said:
Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post Dispatch thought Ryan Tepera was the 10th most valuable player in the National League this year.

I feel like there has to be more to that story. Just really strange.

Also, I hope Tepera has an “MVP votes” performance bonus in his contract so it will at least cost the Cubs a few extra dollars.


I thought maybe he had like 4 or 5 dominant outings against the Cardinals this year since the writer was from STL so I looked up his splits, 2 games, 2.1 IP, 2 ER, 7.71 ERA...nope.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 12, 2020, 9:55 PM Post
Posts: 1975
sveumrules said:
Rick Hummel of the St. Louis Post Dispatch thought Ryan Tepera was the 10th most valuable player in the National League this year.


It was an accident. https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/cubs/how-cubs-reliever-ryan-tepera-got-mvp-vote


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 13, 2020, 9:56 AM Post
User avatar

GIF Master
Posts: 9200
Kim Ng has broken the glass ceiling with the Marlins. She's their new GM!

https://twitter.com/Marlins/status/1327276960595243009


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 13, 2020, 10:25 AM Post
Posts: 469
dlk9s said:
Kim Ng has broken the glass ceiling with the Marlins. She's their new GM!

https://twitter.com/Marlins/status/1327276960595243009

Savvy Marlins paying her per vowel.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 13, 2020, 11:26 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12205
dlk9s said:
Kim Ng has broken the glass ceiling with the Marlins. She's their new GM!

https://twitter.com/Marlins/status/1327276960595243009


That's great news if she was the best qualified person to choose from... I hope they didn't hire her just because she's a woman.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 13, 2020, 11:35 AM Post
User avatar

GIF Master
Posts: 9200
She's extremely qualified. As an added benefit, Aubrey Huff is probably breaking things in his house right now.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 13, 2020, 11:36 AM Post
Posts: 4072
dlk9s said:
She's extremely qualified. As an added benefit, Aubrey Huff is probably breaking things in his house right now.


That's funny. Cuz hes a turd.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 13, 2020, 12:05 PM Post
Posts: 469
turborickey said:
dlk9s said:
Kim Ng has broken the glass ceiling with the Marlins. She's their new GM!

https://twitter.com/Marlins/status/1327276960595243009


That's great news if she was the best qualified person to choose from... I hope they didn't hire her just because she's a woman.

Have you seen her resume? Do you ask that "best-qualified" question every time a new GM is hired?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 13, 2020, 12:11 PM Post
User avatar

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Posts: 6948
Given her resume, if she was a man she would have been made a GM at least 10 years ago and her first GM job would have been with a much higher profile franchise than the Marlins. But still, kudos to the Marlins for this move.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 13, 2020, 12:20 PM Post
User avatar

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Posts: 6948
The funniest part about this hire is that Aubrey Huff is now the #1 trend on Twitter and he hasn't even said anything today.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 13, 2020, 4:35 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 12205
Underachiever said:
turborickey said:
dlk9s said:
Kim Ng has broken the glass ceiling with the Marlins. She's their new GM!

https://twitter.com/Marlins/status/1327276960595243009


That's great news if she was the best qualified person to choose from... I hope they didn't hire her just because she's a woman.

Have you seen her resume? Do you ask that "best-qualified" question every time a new GM is hired?


I have not seen her resume.

If she was the best qualified person, and not hired based on her gender, good for her.

I see that you want to call me a sexist, why not just say it and be done with it?

I'm assuming that when GMs are hired, they are hired because of their qualifications, but if gender is a qualification, then I disagree with that kind of reasoning.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News
Posted: November 13, 2020, 6:07 PM Post
Posts: 15
Location: Chicago
Kim Ng apparently put in the grunt work, earning this job...unlike my namesake, Wendy Selig-Prieb, whose only qualification was to be Bud's offspring. I remember her embarrassing our team by offering key front office positions to her teenage crush, Paul Molitor, every other winter. After he gave her the finger the first time, she should have shown some pride, and stopped begging...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next  [ 277 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test