LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 115 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2020 Misc MLB News

Offline  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News

Posted: January 28, 2020, 6:31 PM Post
Cincinnati Reds 3B Eugenio Suárez today had surgery to remove loose cartilage in his right shoulder, an injury suffered recently in a swimming pool.

Suárez' physical activity will be limited at the beginning of spring training.

The team anticipates him to be ready to play toward the beginning of the regular season.

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/reds ... ming-pool/

If this lingers at all my guess is Moustakas has to work out at 3B in spring training when he really should be getting reps at 2B.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 28, 2020, 6:51 PM Post
Ennder said:
Cincinnati Reds 3B Eugenio Suárez today had surgery to remove loose cartilage in his right shoulder, an injury suffered recently in a swimming pool.

Suárez' physical activity will be limited at the beginning of spring training.

The team anticipates him to be ready to play toward the beginning of the regular season.

If this lingers at all my guess is Moustakas has to work out at 3B in spring training when he really should be getting reps at 2B.

I think Matt Duffy is still a FA. I could see them adding him for no money as 3B/2B insurance. Forsythe and Dozier make some sense too. All those guys might not even require major league deals. Holt and Scooter probably can find teams with a little more clear path to playing time I’d think.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 29, 2020, 9:34 AM Post
Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant has lost his grievance against the team seeking an extra year of service.

I wonder if this increases his chances of being traded?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 29, 2020, 9:40 AM Post
ThisIsMyCrew said:
Chicago Cubs third baseman Kris Bryant has lost his grievance against the team seeking an extra year of service.

It certainly increases his value if the Cubs decide to trade him. They should get quite the haul back.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 29, 2020, 9:47 AM Post
ThisIsMyCrew said:

I think it opens the door to get a haul at the deadline if they are struggling and want to sell as part of a quicker rebuild. Doubtful they move him now knowing if everything breaks right they are still a talented team.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 30, 2020, 2:42 PM Post
CrewFanBrewMan69 said:
Ennder said:

I think Matt Duffy is still a FA. I could see them adding him for no money as 3B/2B insurance. Forsythe and Dozier make some sense too. All those guys might not even require major league deals. Holt and Scooter probably can find teams with a little more clear path to playing time I’d think.

FYI - Matt Duffy has signed with Texas...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 05, 2020, 5:29 PM Post
https://nypost.com/2020/02/05/yankees-j ... g-surgery/

James Paxton out 3-4 months after back surgery. Pretty harsh timing for them to have it happen right before spring training.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 05, 2020, 7:47 PM Post
Unsure if tru but passing along the news..

Domingo Santana signing with Cleveland...

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1225151398591025154

Could Salad Bar errr Danny Salazar be signing with MKE soon???

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 07, 2020, 10:38 AM Post
Ron Roenicke to be the Red Sox manager this season. There ya go.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 07, 2020, 10:44 AM Post
brewcrewdue80 said:

Better them, than us!

I was an anti RRR fan, one of the happiest days as a Brewer fan was when he left...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 07, 2020, 11:23 AM Post
turborickey said:
brewcrewdue80 said:

Better them, than us!

I was an anti RRR fan, one of the happiest days as a Brewer fan was when he left...

I don't mean this to be snarky at all, so don't take it that way, but have the Brewers ever had a manager that you've liked?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 07, 2020, 11:32 AM Post
Roenicke. Lol. Good luck with that.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News

Posted: February 07, 2020, 1:00 PM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
turborickey said:
brewcrewdue80 said:

Better them, than us!

I don't mean this to be snarky at all, so don't take it that way, but have the Brewers ever had a manager that you've liked?

Personally I still think he cost the Brewers a championship. I like Counsell, but every manager before him that they've had during my conscious life left a lot to be desired. My runner up is probably Yost, just because he did seem to keep a clubhouse together. Tactically he was as bad as any others.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 07, 2020, 1:20 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Personally I still think he cost the Brewers a championship. I like Counsell, but every manager before him that they've had during my conscious life left a lot to be desired. My runner up is probably Yost, just because he did seem to keep a clubhouse together. Tactically he was as bad as any others.

That's sort of where I'm at as well. Roenicke was fine, but seemed to be in over his head once the team became good. I really liked Phil Garner, and have always felt like he got a raw deal at the end of his time in Milwaukee. He was fighting a losing battle with idiot ownership and bumbling front office.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 07, 2020, 1:26 PM Post
Global Moderator
In 2011 when the Brewers won 96 games RRR used 105 different lineups. Outside of seven Estrada starts, five guys took the other 157 starts with Narveson throwing the fewest innings among starters at 161.

In 2018 when the Brewers won 96 games CC used 137 different lineups. Eleven different pitchers started a game with only Chacin topping Narveson's 161 innings from the 2011 team.

A lot sure seems to have changed in not all that much time.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2020 Misc MLB News

Posted: February 07, 2020, 2:31 PM Post
Roenicke was a good manager as far as leadership and earning player respect, as opposed to Macha, but strategy-wise he seemed to be winging it. He overdid smallball to a fault, seemed intent on reserving relievers for specific innings, and had circles managed around him in the NLCS by TLR.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 07, 2020, 3:07 PM Post
Really glad for Ron. I liked him a lot. I’ve generally liked most of our managers though, with the exception of Davey Lopes and Ken Macha

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 07, 2020, 3:44 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Roenicke was a good manager as far as leadership and earning player respect, as opposed to Macha, but strategy-wise he seemed to be winging it. He overdid smallball to a fault, seemed intent on reserving relievers for specific innings, and had circles managed around him in the NLCS by TLR.

TLR managing style pretty much comes down to finding an excuse to repeatedly bean any player who's hitting well...yet RRR couldn't even top that...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 07, 2020, 5:12 PM Post
I wish somebody would have beaned TLR.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 07, 2020, 6:08 PM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
turborickey said:
brewcrewdue80 said:

Better them, than us!

Snarky or not, I don't blindly follow a manger just because he's our manager. To be honest, RRR is the only manager I have ever disliked to the point of ruining my Brewer experience. Yost was close to RRR territory, especially by the end, but RRR was just so damn bad nightly...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 115 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply