Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park

Posted: January 21, 2020, 6:28 PM Post
AmFam Field.

Could be worse, all things considered.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2020, 6:43 PM Post
Not too bad of a name I suppose. If they refer to it as AmFam Field, I won’t mind it at all. That’s at least what I will refer to it as. I’m sure a lot of fans will continue to refer to it as Miller Park or call it AmFam Field instead of “American Family Field”. Hopefully the Brewers take that into consideration when making signs for the stadium and trying to sell the name change to the fans.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2020, 6:47 PM Post
I’ll probably still call it Miller Park because I’m getting older and more “stubborner”

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2020, 7:05 PM Post
I was expecting American Family Mutual Insurance Company Field.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2020, 7:13 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'm glad that the Brewers are able to get more money in naming rights. There are so many financial services companies with their names on sports venues, so this isn't out of the ordinary. But it's ordinary. Beer is a lot more fun than an insurance policy.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2020, 7:24 PM Post
As long as it wasn't American Family Fields of Milwaukee. American Family Fields of Phoenix is just Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim bad.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2020, 7:37 PM Post
Global Moderator
I will continue to call it Borchert Field.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2020, 8:52 PM Post
It's Helfaer Senior Field.

Honestly what I care about is the team on the field, not the name of it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2020, 10:02 PM Post
Calling a domed stadium a field doesn't seem right.... park, stadium, and ballpark seem better.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2020, 10:20 PM Post
Da heck? I thought it was still called Country Stadium.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 21, 2020, 11:02 PM Post
  • Glad the word 'insurance' isn't in the name.
  • Not a big fan of '... Field', feel like '... Ballpark' would have been better.
  • I think we're fortunate that this corporate name lends itself pretty well to a stadium. Many folks outside thre region probably won't be familiar with the company, so it will just have a generally wholesome ring to it, like Great American Ballpark.
  • Am Fam Clam is amazing
  • Strangely, the name Miller Park never seemed exactly right to me. Loved the connection to Miller, and got accustomed to it over time, but I don't know... something about the two words not fitting just right.

ETA: An important factor with the new sponsorship will be how understated vs gaudy the new signage will be. Hopefully it's done in a classy manner.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2020, 12:19 AM Post
AmFam Field just opens up the possibility for it to be "AmFam Field at Miller Park."

We've all seen a sponsor on the Stadium/Arena and a separate on the Field/Floor.

Marketing!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2020, 8:00 AM Post
this is of no surprise since it matches the brewers spring training home. once the maryvalle facility was renamed and american family was announced as the title sponsor it was pretty easy to connect the dots.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2020, 8:24 AM Post
rickh150 said:
Calling a domed stadium a field doesn't seem right.... park, stadium, and ballpark seem better.

How many domed parks did you play in as a child? Just playing the semantics game. Also, in a baseball context a field is a field whether there's a roof over it or not. There are still outfielders and players still "take the field" or "field a grounder". Even when it used to be played on Astroturf, in a dome.

In an aside, listening to WTMJ radio on the way to work this morning and they were discussing the name change and what to call Miller Park Way going forward and one of them said they could keep the general name but call it Miller Parkway instead. I thought that was a pretty clever solution.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2020, 8:33 AM Post
As an Am Fam employee we have been getting a lot of updates and I am happy they ended up going with the "American Family Field" over some of the other longer options that were out there. Look for American Family to really start promoting community events through this partnership. American Family has been on a huge push to broaden there impact on communities through community service opportunities, dream banks, and partnerships with a lot of social improvement groups. Am Fam is already a huge sponsor for Summerfest and will be building a new office and community center in downtown Milwaukee soon.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2020, 9:01 AM Post
AmFamFan said:
As an Am Fam employee we have been getting a lot of updates and I am happy they ended up going with the "American Family Field" over some of the other longer options that were out there. Look for American Family to really start promoting community events through this partnership. American Family has been on a huge push to broaden there impact on communities through community service opportunities, dream banks, and partnerships with a lot of social improvement groups. Am Fam is already a huge sponsor for Summerfest and will be building a new office and community center in downtown Milwaukee soon.

I won't lie, when news first broke over the last year or so that it wouldn't be Miller Park anymore, I like many others wasn't a fan and it wouldn't have mattered what company would have the new naming rights. It wasn't long after, once I got a little more used to the idea, that I really thought American Family was possibly the best "2nd" choice. Not because I have AmFam insurance (I don't) or feel any particular tie, but it's just the words; American Family. We're Americans, we have families, families go to baseball games together. How do you argue with that? Pretty good name for a ballpark, pretty good name for a company. I'm glad they left the word Insurance out of it as well, that would have changed the feel.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2020, 9:19 AM Post
SeaBass said:
I won't lie, when news first broke over the last year or so that it wouldn't be Miller Park anymore, I like many others wasn't a fan and it wouldn't have mattered what company would have the new naming rights. It wasn't long after, once I got a little more used to the idea, that I really thought American Family was possibly the best "2nd" choice. Not because I have AmFam insurance (I don't) or feel any particular tie, but it's just the words; American Family. We're Americans, we have families, families go to baseball games together. How do you argue with that? Pretty good name for a ballpark, pretty good name for a company. I'm glad they left the word Insurance out of it as well, that would have changed the feel.

This, completely this...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2020, 9:28 AM Post
Someone mentioned the Miller Park name not seeming quite right.

I have this hazy memory from about the time of the beginning of construction when Miller was announced as a sponsor. I think I read this in the State Journal or something. The name they first had in mind was The Miller Lite House, or something close to this.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 22, 2020, 12:20 PM Post
turborickey said:
SeaBass said:

This, completely this...

100% agree too. I am interested to see the signage outside the stadium. The big miller park sign on the roof looked so good. With a longer name and different script, i just hope it fits in as well.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next  [ 52 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply