LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 48 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

American Family Field AKA Miller Park

Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park

Posted: February 01, 2020, 6:44 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
turborickey said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

I realize that it's much more surface level than that for 95% of people, but whatever. AmFam ponied up to support the local team. I'll get behind the name of the place that wants to be a part of baseball in Milwaukee.

You think AmFam ponied up to "support" the team?

They ponied up to support their pocketbooks, and no other reason. It's all about the $$.

I know how sponsorships work.

It's the same thing. Supporting the team and a lucrative partnership aren't mutually exclusive.

I can tell you though as someone who works for one these larger local brands that it's not for "no other reason." That's just not true. These companies absolutely do care about the partnerships they engage with and one as reputable and wholesome as the Brewers is a good fit for most of them. There are reasons these partnerships get formed that go beyond money even if that is the biggest one. It's not the only one.

That all may be true, but I do not believe they throw that kind of money around to support the team.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 01, 2020, 7:08 PM Post
$60 million talks, that's "support" no matter what the semantics are. They stepped up with a lucrative offer when Miller didn't. I was simply saying I'm not nostalgic about the Miller name as it relates to the Brewers. They slapped their name on the building for some money.

I realize a lot of people are up in arms about it but it may as well have been called Burger King Field. We just traded one corp for another. And frankly, it's not like they were historically successful in it either. I just don't see it as a hallowed place where the name holds a lot of meaning, but I guess most of the fans feel that way.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 01, 2020, 8:10 PM Post
areacodes said:
Frank Turner Fan said:
turborickey said:
Why not just leave it as is? You know, preserve history...

Why does it have to change?

That's easy. $$$$$$$$

I don’t think there is much money to be made changing the name of a street.

Thought we were still talking about the park, not the street. My bad.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 01, 2020, 9:29 PM Post
I think it is more supporting the community and not so much the team. A lot of these major partnerships involve initiatives to better the community together.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 01, 2020, 10:38 PM Post
I liked the Miller name as much as anyone. MillerCoors dropped the Miller name to Molson Coors. I'm sure its only a matter of time before Miller is wiped out of Milwaukee all together.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 03, 2020, 2:25 PM Post
BrewersSuperCollector said:
I liked the Miller name as much as anyone. MillerCoors dropped the Miller name to Molson Coors. I'm sure its only a matter of time before Miller is wiped out of Milwaukee all together.

I hope there isn't a day where Budweiser is the official Beer partner of the brewers. Some things just seem wrong and that would be one of them.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 13, 2020, 2:44 PM Post
Looks like the ripped out bleacher seats in center field will be the miller lite landing, and Molson coors have extended their relationship with the brewers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 13, 2020, 6:50 PM Post
Little help on the size of these pictures?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 48 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply