LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 108 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

American Family Field AKA Miller Park

Author Message
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#61

Posted: September 03, 2020, 9:53 AM Post
User avatar

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Posts: 6948
I understand the reason...American Family has a boring logo so there isn't really much that can be done design-wise without taking attention away from the paying customer.

Anyway, I assume it will be similar to the change to T-Mobile Park in Seattle where they didn't spend a penny more than they had to on new signage/integration of the new logo. There are a lot of details that need to be changed inside the ballpark and it will be done as quick and cheap as possible. After all, you never know when American Family is going to get acquired or do some corporate branding change or sell the naming rights, which will require redoing all the signs again.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#62

Posted: September 03, 2020, 10:43 AM Post
Posts: 14081
They have already been changing the signage since before past season started. As you would guess it’s being changed to mostly generic stuff that has no mention of the stadium name.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#63

Posted: September 03, 2020, 12:08 PM Post
User avatar

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
Posts: 15550
Image

At least, I could imagine much worse. The structure wasn't named for Monkey Knife Fight!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#64

Posted: September 03, 2020, 12:30 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 8694
hawing said:
At least, I could imagine much worse. The structure wasn't named for Monkey Knife Fight!


Or this...

Image


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#65

Posted: September 03, 2020, 12:42 PM Post
Posts: 14081
Eye Black said:
hawing said:
At least, I could imagine much worse. The structure wasn't named for Monkey Knife Fight!


Or this...

Image


Without argument this is the worst stadium/field name in the history of sports. After the deal was agreed upon Guaranteed Rate eventually designed their logo and sent it to the White Sox. As one would imagine the White Sox were mortified and tried convincing them to change the arrow to look like a Homeplate.

The response they got back:

"Deal with it. Just pretend it refers to Chris Sale’s ERA instead."

We should be grateful they didn't put the word 'insurance' in there and the fact they took the Brewers colors for it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#66

Posted: September 03, 2020, 12:52 PM Post
Posts: 469
The yellow stripe speaks to me. It says, "Don't forget the mustard."


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#67

Posted: September 03, 2020, 12:54 PM Post
Posts: 14081
Underachiever said:
The yellow stripe speaks to me. It says, "Don't forget the mustard."


Should have made it secret stadium sauce color.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#68

Posted: September 03, 2020, 12:57 PM Post
User avatar

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Posts: 6948
Guaranteed Rate clearly wanted the extra press that would come with an ugly logo. In the end the White Sox look like idiots for not negotiating the logo before the papers were signed and Guaranteed Rate gets millions of extra dollars worth of attention.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#69

Posted: September 03, 2020, 12:59 PM Post
User avatar

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Posts: 6948
As for the Am Clam logo they should have easily put a brick texture where the boring blue "Field" stripe is. But, whatever.

And yes, I will be referring to the Brewers' stadium as the "Am Clam" from now on.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#70

Posted: September 03, 2020, 1:25 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 8694
Are there any corporate stadium logos others do like? From what I've seen most corporations want their logo to be unaltered (including color) and to serve as the clear centerpiece.

Someone took a stab at it 6 years ago and did some cartoonish MLB stadium logos that were sort of fun:
Redesigned MLB Stadium Logos (scroll down the page for the larger versions)

If you liked those, here is the NFL stadium logos version.

The designer that did those now works for a company that does actual team logos/branding.

One real-life stadium logo that comes to mind for me as decent is the updated Petco Park logo...

Image


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#71

Posted: September 03, 2020, 1:26 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1337
Location: bush Alaska
One thing I don't like about it, and haven't liked since the get-go, is the fact that the American Family logo has always reminded me so much of this logo:

Image

Which of course serves to remind me of my burning cub hatred.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#72

Posted: September 03, 2020, 2:31 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8963
It's the logo for the stadium. Big freaking whoop.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#73

Posted: September 03, 2020, 2:36 PM Post
Posts: 14081
Eye Black said:
Are there any corporate stadium logos others do like? From what I've seen most corporations want their logo to be unaltered (including color) and to serve as the clear centerpiece.

Someone took a stab at it 6 years ago and did some cartoonish MLB stadium logos that were sort of fun:
Redesigned MLB Stadium Logos (scroll down the page for the larger versions)

If you liked those, here is the NFL stadium logos version.

The designer that did those now works for a company that does actual team logos/branding.

One real-life stadium logo that comes to mind for me as decent is the updated Petco Park logo...

Image


Quite A Few:

Busch Stadium
Citizens Bank Park
Comercia Park
Coors Field
Minute Maid (this one has their logo style, but some cool additions)
Oracle Park
PNC Park
T-Mobile Park (kinda slick even with the T-Mobile look)

I went through them all and about 7-8 them are hideous. Basically the company logo and/or doesn't use team colors...and then the remainder aren't named after a company so they aren't applicable. So I would say about 50% of the ones corporately bought are actually pretty cool.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#74

Posted: September 03, 2020, 3:08 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1695
Honestly, even though I’ll always call it Miller Park, I am ok with the new logo. I kind of even like it. It’s a surprise to me too! It fits in with the minimalistic logos of today. I like that they incorporated the Brewers colors vs. the Am Fam colors. I really can’t complain about it (again, which is very surprising!)


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#75

Posted: September 03, 2020, 3:54 PM Post
Posts: 469
owbc said:
As for the Am Clam logo they should have easily put a brick texture where the boring blue "Field" stripe is. But, whatever.

And yes, I will be referring to the Brewers' stadium as the "Am Clam" from now on.

Dude, trademark that!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#76

Posted: September 03, 2020, 4:14 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 6233
jerichoholicninja said:
It's the logo for the stadium. Big freaking whoop.


This is what I was thinking too. I'm not sure I've seen any of the logos from other fields mentioned here. I thought the White Sox's one was a joke when I first saw it (in this thread).


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#77

Posted: September 03, 2020, 4:20 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 8694
Underachiever said:
owbc said:
As for the Am Clam logo they should have easily put a brick texture where the boring blue "Field" stripe is. But, whatever.

And yes, I will be referring to the Brewers' stadium as the "Am Clam" from now on.

Dude, trademark that!

2021: “Daniel Vogelbach with another AmFam Clam Slam.”


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#78

Posted: September 03, 2020, 5:01 PM Post
Posts: 1303
Eye Black said:
Underachiever said:
owbc said:
As for the Am Clam logo they should have easily put a brick texture where the boring blue "Field" stripe is. But, whatever.

And yes, I will be referring to the Brewers' stadium as the "Am Clam" from now on.

Dude, trademark that!

2021: “Daniel Vogelbach with another AmFam Clam Slam.”


Careful, that might get flagged as inappropriate.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#79

Posted: September 19, 2020, 8:06 PM Post

Roster Guru
Posts: 3373
hopefully not, but tomorrow may be the last game ever at miller park.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: American Family Field AKA Miller Park
#80

Posted: September 20, 2020, 11:03 AM Post
Posts: 469
djoctagone said:
hopefully not, but tomorrow may be the last game ever at miller park.

That's a guarantee, isn't it? The playoffs won't be at home parks.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 108 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: torts, wibadgers23, yfinn6 and 6 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test