LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 98 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Urias Wrist - Update: Had surgery 1/28 for hamate bone fracture, out 6-8 weeks

Offline  Re: Urias Wrist - Update: Had surgery 1/28 for hamate bone fracture, out 6-8 weeks

Posted: February 12, 2020, 1:33 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Adam McCalvy
@AdamMcCalvy
·
1m
First medical update of Spring Training: Luis Urías' cast was removed Friday. His timetable is tight, but he said, "I want to be ready for Opening Day."

This is promising ... although "want to" and "can" are two completely different things. My guess is he still misses a week or two at the beginning of the year, and will need to at least go on a rehab assignment.

Rehab assignment is tricky because minor league games don't start until a week or two after MLB games. Most likely he'd hang in extended spring if he only need an extra week or two. It's one thing to be ready to play, but it's another thing for a guy who has yet to have major league success...to be ready to succeed at the MLB level.

Extended Spring Training, I believe they play games.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Urias Wrist - Update: Had surgery 1/28 for hamate bone fracture, out 6-8 weeks

Posted: February 12, 2020, 2:32 PM Post
Agree.... Jimmy Nelson wanted to be ready for Opening Day and that didn't work out well....

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2020, 2:48 PM Post
Klements Bratwurst said:
Agree.... Jimmy Nelson wanted to be ready for Opening Day and that didn't work out well....

A hamate bone fracture is a tad more predictable than a throwing shoulder injury...

I wouldn't bet on him being opening day ready, but I also don't think it matters much. He is Luis Urias...not Christian Yelich. Opening Day or 2 weeks late, it isn't much of a loss.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2020, 2:49 PM Post
ThisIsMyCrew said:
“First medical update of Spring Training: Luis Urías' cast was removed Friday. His timetable is tight, but he said, "I want to be ready for Opening Day."
Per Adam McCalvy

Good news here!

I'll be shocked and amazed if he is ready for opening day...We have heard this story before...

I can see this stretching out until May 1st to be honest.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2020, 2:50 PM Post
So our opening day left side will be Arcia and Sogard...<insert vomit face>

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2020, 3:18 PM Post
If by ready for opening day he means ready to play in the minors on a rehab I'l ok with it. No way he should be starting for the big team by then.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 13, 2020, 2:22 AM Post
topper09er said:

That is such a gross thought it’s not even funny. But it’s a very realistic scenario that we could be looking at a few short weeks from now...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 22, 2020, 3:47 PM Post

Roster Guru
urias has been cleared to begin some baseball activity.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 22, 2020, 3:54 PM Post
topper09er said:

Or Holt & Gyorko

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 22, 2020, 7:06 PM Post
3and2Fastball said:
topper09er said:

Or Holt & Gyorko

An Urias and Holt left side of the infield would be pretty nice!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 22, 2020, 11:50 PM Post
topper09er said:

Arica and Gyorko I’d guess. Lester will be the Cubs OD starter.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 23, 2020, 2:33 AM Post
CrewFanBrewMan69 said:
topper09er said:

Arica and Gyorko I’d guess. Lester will be the Cubs OD starter.

If it's a lefty its Gyorko and Sogard. Sogard has reverse-ish splits. (basically even vs RHP and LHP but more power vs LHP)

People are over reacting about SS. Holt is going to play A LOT at 3b. They paid him and Sogard the most of the 4 healthy options. Those are your platoon leads. Only guy who can change that is Urias. Urias had wild splits last year but they don't show up in the minors so I'd expect him and Sogard to split SS without much platoon based reason. Sogards pretty even with more power vs LHP. Urias is fairly even in the minors but leans towards LHP. I think they split that spot, not platoon it.

Holt/Gyorko is the 3b platoon now. As long as Gyorko is healthy I don't see Sogard playing there a lot. I expect Sogard to be the every day SS until Urias is back.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 03, 2020, 10:57 AM Post
Urias will start hitting this week but Opening Day is still in question

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 03, 2020, 11:50 AM Post
MVP2110 said:
Urias will start hitting this week but Opening Day is still in question

So May 1st?

[tired]

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 08, 2020, 11:50 AM Post
Urias should be playing in games by the end of the week

https://twitter.com/AdamMcCalvy/status/ ... 77856?s=19

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 11, 2020, 3:49 PM Post

Roster Guru
MVP2110 said:
Urias should be playing in games by the end of the week

tomorrow.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 12, 2020, 7:58 AM Post
Against Darvish, I'm fairly certain it will be Arcia at SS and either Holt or Sogard at 3B with the other being held back as late inning defensive replacement for Hiura.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 12, 2020, 9:54 PM Post
At least Urias should be ready for opening day now along with Lauer.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  [ 98 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply