LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 59 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Opening Day Tickets

Offline  Re: Opening Day Tickets

Posted: February 11, 2020, 11:58 AM Post
MVP2110 said:
Is anyone else not yet able to see their tickets in the ballpark app?

Nope, glad it's not just me.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 11, 2020, 12:53 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
As an out-of-state Brewers fan, the Wisconsin presales are really annoying. It was a problem for playoff tickets last year, I was going to fly in and it made it harder to get face value tickets. Plus, the majority of Cubs fans that come to Miller Park clearly live in Wisconsin anyway.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 11, 2020, 1:02 PM Post
Vgmastr said:
MVP2110 said:

Tickets won't be loaded to the ballpark app until March 1 according to my rep. I can't even see my 20 pack tickets yet.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 11, 2020, 1:30 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Vgmastr said:
MVP2110 said:

Tickets won't be loaded to the ballpark app until March 1 according to my rep. I can't even see my 20 pack tickets yet.

That's good to know. Thanks!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 11, 2020, 5:50 PM Post
Global Moderator
JimH5 said:
I understand why Brewers ownership and management would want a Brewers crowd instead of a Cubs crowd, but I don't know why it matters to fans. There's energy and tension and interest when it's a mixed crowd. The games seem more meaningful.

Chesty Cubs fans are an irritant, for sure. But they add some flavor to the gameday experience.

Curious if you say this having been to Brewers/Cubs games at Miller Park in the last 10 years, or not?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 11, 2020, 5:51 PM Post
He never said what flavor they add.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 11, 2020, 6:04 PM Post
At least we aren’t the Royals begging fans to buy Opening Day tickets with no fees.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 11, 2020, 6:09 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
MrTPlush said:
At least we aren’t the Royals begging fans to buy Opening Day tickets with no fees.

I was looking into Mariners Opening Day tickets and there are about 20,000 left to choose from.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 11, 2020, 6:46 PM Post
Can the Brewers request not to play the Cubs on opening day?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 11, 2020, 8:50 PM Post
Global Moderator
PeaveyFury said:
JimH5 said:
I understand why Brewers ownership and management would want a Brewers crowd instead of a Cubs crowd, but I don't know why it matters to fans. There's energy and tension and interest when it's a mixed crowd. The games seem more meaningful.

Chesty Cubs fans are an irritant, for sure. But they add some flavor to the gameday experience.

Curious if you say this having been to Brewers/Cubs games at Miller Park in the last 10 years, or not?

I've been to lots of Brewers v Cubs games in recent years, though in truth, they were all day games. Maybe the night crowds are more combative.

To me, it's just strange the lengths we want the team to go through to allow only Brewers fans in and keep Cubs fans out. In the end, it's very often Brewers ticket holders selling seats to Cubs fans.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 11, 2020, 9:15 PM Post
More Brewers fans live in Wisconsin than outside of it. More Cubs fans live outside of Wisconsin than in it. This allows more Brewers fans to get tickets than if it was opened up for everyone at once. It doesn’t prevent Cubs fans from getting tickets. It’s a good idea, but they market it as keeping the Cubs fans out when they should market it as allowing Brewers fans the first opportunity to get tickets.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 11, 2020, 10:17 PM Post
mtrebs said:
More Brewers fans live in Wisconsin than outside of it. More Cubs fans live outside of Wisconsin than in it. This allows more Brewers fans to get tickets than if it was opened up for everyone at once. It doesn’t prevent Cubs fans from getting tickets. It’s a good idea, but they market it as keeping the Cubs fans out when they should market it as allowing Brewers fans the first opportunity to get tickets.

Great post... spot on.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2020, 5:50 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Vgmastr said:
MVP2110 said:

Thanks for posting this. The confirmation at the end of the transaction was misleading and indicated you could view them immediately. Also, I never received any confirmation email, which is odd. Anybody else receive a confirmation email? I was on my phone when I made the purchase so I literally have no record of the transaction other than my CC bill at this point.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2020, 8:10 AM Post
They need to just stop doing that. No one cares about those stupid games. It is an 81 home game schedule. No one wants to pay Opening Day prices for an April weekend game or any other weekend for that matter. It is an even worse deal these days because the Brewers intentionally avoid putting giveaways on those days because they don't want a bunch of Cubs fans to get them just to resell on eBay. The games are simply a terrible value for a Brewers fan.

Cubs fans go because for many it is closer than Wrigley and it is way more convenient to get to regardless. Many come from the western 'burbs because it sucks that bad to go to Wrigley. Our stadium is simply that much better and prices are comparable. So when the Brewers make it Opening Day prices it doesn't faze Cubs fans because they are used to paying an arm and a leg for a normal game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2020, 8:45 AM Post
Mays Hayes said:
KeithStone53151 said:

Thanks for posting this. The confirmation at the end of the transaction was misleading and indicated you could view them immediately. Also, I never received any confirmation email, which is odd. Anybody else receive a confirmation email? I was on my phone when I made the purchase so I literally have no record of the transaction other than my CC bill at this point.

If you have an MLB account, you probably should have received a receipt. I received one for my extras for our group. Maybe check your junk folder? Otherwise I would probably reach out to some version of customer support.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2020, 2:09 PM Post
Mays Hayes said:

Thanks for posting this. The confirmation at the end of the transaction was misleading and indicated you could view them immediately. Also, I never received any confirmation email, which is odd. Anybody else receive a confirmation email? I was on my phone when I made the purchase so I literally have no record of the transaction other than my CC bill at this point.[/quote]

I did receive a confirmation email, did you write down your order #? Maybe reach out to somebody

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2020, 2:12 PM Post
I'm still annoyed they did opening day on Thursday instead of Friday. There is no need to schedule that off day in there when you have a dome. I'll probably just go Saturday instead because of this.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 12, 2020, 4:46 PM Post
tmwiese55 said:
I'm still annoyed they did opening day on Thursday instead of Friday. There is no need to schedule that off day in there when you have a dome. I'll probably just go Saturday instead because of this.

I prefer Thursday to the last few which have been Monday. At least you can easily make a 4 day weekend out of it. But I tend to agree, Friday would be better.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 13, 2020, 2:23 PM Post
Yes Thurs better than Monday. But the schedule finally aligned for this and they didn't do it, I have no idea why. Best opening day I've been to by far was a Friday game I think in 2012 vs STL. I think it was a 3PM game too so you didn't have to get going super early and obviously then it just goes into the night since it's a weekend. It makes perfect sense. Of course they got smoked in the game since it was vs STL

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Opening Day for Single Game tickets

Posted: February 17, 2020, 1:55 PM Post
Anybody get some fun tickets? Any games selling out quickly? Any problems getting in?

Just picked up 3 tickets in Row 6 of the 200 level for one of the Yankees games. Looking forward to it

The David Stearns era: Controllable Young Talent. Watch the Jedi work his magic!

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 59 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply