LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 68  Next  [ 1353 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

COVID-19 impact on MLB season

Offline  Re: COVID-19 impact on MLB season
Posted: June 22, 2020, 7:34 PM Post
Bummed we lost the DH out of this. Stinks.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2020, 8:01 PM Post
Global Moderator
I'll take it.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2020, 8:45 PM Post
Brew4U said:

I thought the DH was removed for 2021 only. Pretty sure it's part of the safety protocols for this season so it will be implemented

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2020, 9:03 PM Post
MVP2110 said:
Brew4U said:

I thought the DH was removed for 2021 only. Pretty sure it's part of the safety protocols for this season so it will be implemented

I hope so but I thought I saw multiple tweets saying it wasn’t going to occur.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2020, 9:14 PM Post
I believe Universal DH is part of the March agreement for 2020 but not 2021.

Have had a hard time confirming this online however

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC42UlEqaIRsK4SCoIMoajvQ/videos?disable_polymer=1
Twitter
https://twitter.com/brewcrewreview1
Podbean
https://brewcrewreview.podbean.com/

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 22, 2020, 10:40 PM Post
Took a stab at what a 60 game season from July 24th to September 30th could look like:

That schedule includes 12 games vs. each division opponent, 4 games vs. an interleague rival, and 2 games vs. each remaining interleague opponent.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 23, 2020, 3:48 AM Post
Per ESPN, for 2020 only...

“The universal designated hitter likely would remain in place, as it's part of the health-and-safety protocol.”

Youtube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC42UlEqaIRsK4SCoIMoajvQ/videos?disable_polymer=1
Twitter
https://twitter.com/brewcrewreview1
Podbean
https://brewcrewreview.podbean.com/

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: COVID-19 impact on MLB season
Posted: June 23, 2020, 5:01 AM Post
They've robbed the enjoyment of this day from many, I'm sure. I would have been elated for this day a month ago; now, just indifferent.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 23, 2020, 6:28 AM Post
adambr2 said:
They've robbed the enjoyment of this day from many, I'm sure. I would have been elated for this day a month ago; now, just indifferent.

I'm pretty happy. Leery ... but this is the first actual progress MLB related since mid-March. I think the excitement will build for a lot of people as we get closer to that opening weekend.

If huge manufacturing facilities can stay open in this country without huge spikes in cases, there is no reason why MLB, with its huge emphasis on health and safety, can't figure this out. Perhaps I'm just trying to squeeze out the last little bit of optimism I have left for baseball this year.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 23, 2020, 7:22 AM Post
Global Moderator
A Swing and A Drive said:

“The universal designated hitter likely would remain in place, as it's part of the health-and-safety protocol.”

I'm happy we're getting a DH, as I've thought we should have one for a long time.

But, can someone explain to me how having a DH will help prevent a player from getting COVID? Seems more like something the league wanted to get implemented, so they're using COVID as a cover to get it put in place.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 23, 2020, 7:26 AM Post
Global Moderator
The explanation is simple. Now Brewer's pitchers won't get COVID while diving back into first base. [laughing]

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 23, 2020, 7:27 AM Post
Has anyone seen anything in if expanded rosters will be in place for this season and if so how many?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 23, 2020, 7:58 AM Post
I thought it was supposed to be 30 man rosters instead of 26. And then a taxi squad of players to take from in case of injury/covid.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: COVID-19 impact on MLB season
Posted: June 23, 2020, 8:24 AM Post
You know what will be kind of hilarious? When the first bench clearing brawl is about to take place and someone jumps in and reminds them that they can't do that because of social distancing requirements.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 23, 2020, 8:30 AM Post

GIF Master
adambr2 said:
You know what will be kind of hilarious? When the first bench clearing brawl is about to take place and someone jumps in and reminds them that they can't do that because of social distancing requirements.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 23, 2020, 8:39 AM Post
monty57 said:

I'm happy we're getting a DH, as I've thought we should have one for a long time.

But, can someone explain to me how having a DH will help prevent a player from getting COVID? Seems more like something the league wanted to get implemented, so they're using COVID as a cover to get it put in place.

I wonder if it was the players who want the DH...

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 23, 2020, 9:03 AM Post
ESPN has a universal DH and that all extra innings will start with a runner on 2B.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 23, 2020, 10:38 AM Post
Global Moderator
So MLB has announced the proposed start dates, but the players still have to agree to it, correct?

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 23, 2020, 12:02 PM Post
monty57 said:

I'm guessing it has nothing to do with COVID and is about having an abbreviated and rushed spring training. Pitchers can just focus on getting their arms ready and not worry about bunting, hitting, and baserunning practice. Also, it can be used as an "off day" since players didn't have their usual amount of ST time to get in shape.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: June 23, 2020, 12:19 PM Post
At this point I am 100% indifferent. A 60 game season does not excite me at all.

My only question:

Could the players refuse to report and file litigation?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51 ... 68  Next  [ 1353 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply