LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
 [ 9 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Noah Syndergaard to undergo TJ surgery

Author Message
Offline  Noah Syndergaard to undergo TJ surgery
#1

Posted: March 24, 2020, 1:43 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 476
Jeff Passan
@JeffPassan
New York Mets starter Noah Syndergaard has a torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow and is expected to undergo Tommy John surgery in the near future, sources tell ESPN. The procedure will keep him out until at earliest April 2021 and likely into the summer months.


I don't know if he was ever on the Brewers' radar, but bullet dodged!

Of course, that assumes there is baseball eventually this year.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Noah Syndergaard to undergo TJ surgery
#2

Posted: March 24, 2020, 2:31 PM Post
Posts: 5016
Was wondering this the other day in light of all the Covid madness since he's not the first pitcher planning a procedure when it's looking highly likely we have a dramatically reduced or even lost season....is this actually considered essential surgery at this point in time?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Noah Syndergaard to undergo TJ surgery
#3

Posted: March 24, 2020, 2:43 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 8614
Fear The Chorizo said:
Was wondering this the other day in light of all the Covid madness since he's not the first pitcher planning a procedure when it's looking highly likely we have a dramatically reduced or even lost season....is this actually considered essential surgery at this point in time?


In the stories I read about Chris Sale the surgery date was unknown because it's non-essential. However, I have since read about a few pitchers that have had TJ recently. Probably depends on where you have it done.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Noah Syndergaard to undergo TJ surgery
#4

Posted: March 24, 2020, 3:54 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1476
I am legit stunned and borderline disgusted that they're taking up resources and hospital space to let him have this surgery now.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Noah Syndergaard to undergo TJ surgery
#5

Posted: March 24, 2020, 4:31 PM Post
Posts: 3606
MillerParkSouth said:
I am legit stunned and borderline disgusted that they're taking up resources and hospital space to let him have this surgery now.


Entirely depends on where the surgery was done. For example, there hasn’t been a confirmed case within 45 miles of my house. The main hospital near me could easily perform those types of procedures yet.

The thing I’m wondering about is if these guys are going ahead with the procedure because there will be a short season, if one at all. Everything on Sale said he could rehab it. Then all of a sudden it was a complete 180 and he was getting it done. I wonder if this is a normal year if he’s not still trying to throw. The story I read on Syndergaard said complete tear I think, so maybe not the same for him.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Noah Syndergaard to undergo TJ surgery
#6

Posted: March 24, 2020, 5:10 PM Post
Posts: 5032
Wonder if he'll be looking for a "prove it" deal in 2022...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Noah Syndergaard to undergo TJ surgery
#7

Posted: March 25, 2020, 11:26 AM Post
Posts: 4524
wildcat83 said:
MillerParkSouth said:
I am legit stunned and borderline disgusted that they're taking up resources and hospital space to let him have this surgery now.


Entirely depends on where the surgery was done. For example, there hasn’t been a confirmed case within 45 miles of my house. The main hospital near me could easily perform those types of procedures yet.


It still requires masks, glove and gowns for all the surgical team. Something we are in short supply of now. At least wait until the supplies needed to deal with Covid-19 are up to speed.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Noah Syndergaard to undergo TJ surgery
#8

Posted: March 25, 2020, 11:59 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 6457
jerichoholicninja said:
Fear The Chorizo said:
Was wondering this the other day in light of all the Covid madness since he's not the first pitcher planning a procedure when it's looking highly likely we have a dramatically reduced or even lost season....is this actually considered essential surgery at this point in time?


In the stories I read about Chris Sale the surgery date was unknown because it's non-essential. However, I have since read about a few pitchers that have had TJ recently. Probably depends on where you have it done.

"Recently" is a relative word. Could mean two or three months ago, when COVID-19 wasn't a big concern here.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Noah Syndergaard to undergo TJ surgery
#9

Posted: March 25, 2020, 1:47 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 5076
Might depend on "how torn" it is. If the ligament is detached, you need to do it soon or the muscle will not stretch again like it should. Its easy to judge someone when you aren't standing in their shoes.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 [ 9 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cool Hand Lucroy, MrTPlush, owbc and 5 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test