LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

30-man roster what you want

Offline  Re: 30-man roster what you want

Posted: July 23, 2020, 10:16 AM Post
It's roughly what I expected. In my head, I didn't get overly nitpicky as far as bullpen arms because the 15th and 16th pitchers might not pitch at all. When we cut to 28, I'm guessing guaranteed 1 pitcher and probably 2 pitcher will be the cuts. When it cuts to 26 we'll have to lose a position player. I personally was hoping they'd keep Keon for speed/D...he's such a good dude, would have loved to see him in the Brewers uniform again for a couple weeks.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 23, 2020, 10:26 AM Post

Roster Guru
i was also hoping for keon broxton as the 30th man . . . especially as a pinch runner on second base in extra innings.

it will be interesting how the brewers cut down to 28--especially if it coincides with the activation of a player from the covid-19 injured list (and his return to the 40-man roster). will they dfa a player on the 30-man roster, or dfa an optioned player?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 23, 2020, 11:15 AM Post
I wonder who would be the emergency #3 catcher. Brock Holt? Sogard? Gamel?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 23, 2020, 2:24 PM Post
Global Moderator
djoctagone said:
i was also hoping for keon broxton as the 30th man . . . especially as a pinch runner on second base in extra innings.

Off topic, but has anyone seen how slow Gyorko is? MLB the Show had him with a "1" for speed, and I didn't believe it until I saw him trying to score yesterday, and got thrown out by a mile. His 40-yard dash could be measured with a sundial.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 24 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply