LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 28 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Brewers Classics

Offline  Brewers Classics

Posted: April 10, 2020, 10:17 AM Post
FS Wisconsin is replaying the 1982 ALCS this week.

Game 3-
After 38 years, my first chance to watch the game. It was played on a Friday afternoon and I was in eleventh grade. No smart phones or social media, so no way to follow live this elimination game. The infamous fan-interference HR was the first pitch of the eight inning. Everyone talks how it almost cost them the game, but reality was the score was already 5-0 in the eight. I was completely unaware that Rollie Fingers was still on the active roster. He was warming up in the bullpen in the ninth. I thought he was shutdown the first week of September. Don Sutton had a nasty curveball. It's kinda nice to go back and watch this now that I have a better appreciation of the game.

Game 4-
Broadcast on Friday night.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Brewers Classics

Posted: April 10, 2020, 9:09 PM Post
Jimbo said:
FS Wisconsin is replaying the 1982 ALCS this week.

Game 3-
After 38 years, my first chance to watch the game. It was played on a Friday afternoon and I was in eleventh grade. No smart phones or social media, so no way to follow live this elimination game. The infamous fan-interference HR was the first pitch of the eight inning. Everyone talks how it almost cost them the game, but reality was the score was already 5-0 in the eight. I was completely unaware that Rollie Fingers was still on the active roster. He was warming up in the bullpen in the ninth. I thought he was shutdown the first week of September. Don Sutton had a nasty curveball. It's kinda nice to go back and watch this now that I have a better appreciation of the game.

Game 4-
Broadcast on Friday night.

https://www.brewcrewball.com/2020/3/14/ ... re-missing

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2020, 10:32 AM Post
I'm going to go in a different direction. One of the greatest bench clearing brawls in baseball history.

https://shepherdexpress.com/sports/brew ... s-history/

The video just so happened to come up in my youtube recommendations and I thought I'd post it here.

"You're not going to have him when you want him and you're going to run out of games. He can't pitch 90 games. It's just not going to work. If anyone thinks it's going to work, show me how."- Craig Counsell on Josh Hader.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2020, 10:51 AM Post
Is fsn showing 87 Easter Sunday today?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2020, 12:13 PM Post
AKCheesehead said:
Is fsn showing 87 Easter Sunday today?

Nope, I guess there is no full footage of the game. Brewers didn't broadcast hardly any home games on TV back then, mostly just road games on Channel 18. But there is the last three innings from the Rangers broadcast here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxfPhKn5Ak0

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2020, 3:06 PM Post
It would be fun to have an in-game chat while a classic Brewers game were on the air.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 13, 2020, 9:51 AM Post
PinaMadness said:
I'm going to go in a different direction. One of the greatest bench clearing brawls in baseball history.

The video just so happened to come up in my youtube recommendations and I thought I'd post it here.

Good fight. I can't ever recall training staff involved in an field brawl but it had that too.

Watched some of the 1982 game against the Angels yesterday. Wow has the game changed. It was like watching a summer amateur adult league. Toothpick limbs, horrible pitching and swing mechanics, barely an athlete on the field. Even bottom barrel players today are miles better than pretty much everyone except the superstars from just a few decades ago.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 13, 2020, 10:14 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
PinaMadness said:

Good fight. I can't ever recall training staff involved in an field brawl but it had that too.

Watched some of the 1982 game against the Angels yesterday. Wow has the game changed. It was like watching a summer amateur adult league. Toothpick limbs, horrible pitching and swing mechanics, barely an athlete on the field. Even bottom barrel players today are miles better than pretty much everyone except the superstars from just a few decades ago.

I remember when Yount talked about this topic on air during a telecast. He wasn't sure how he'd bat against 94, 95 mph on a regular basis like today's batter. I think he mentioned that he'd batting in the low .200's. I can't find this anywhere but maybe someone else here recalls that in game conversation with Bill and Brian.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 13, 2020, 10:27 AM Post
When I watched the Brewers WS Game 7, it was odd watching all of these soft tossers pitch for us after seeing high heat so often today.... Vuc, McClure, Caldwell. Did any of them touch 90?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 13, 2020, 1:05 PM Post
Global Moderator
MLB Network just finished airing game 2 of the '82 Series and just started airing game 7 of the same series.

Shows you how much I need a baseball fix, as I watch a pair of guaranteed losses.

(The production values are absolutely awful compared to even 20 years ago!)

- - - - - - - - -
P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 14, 2020, 2:34 AM Post
PinaMadness said:

I always remember the Brewers-As brawl with Edwin Nunez clawing Surhoff.

Who was it that Rob Dibble threw at like a week before we acquired him? Listach?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 14, 2020, 5:13 AM Post
Didn't realize the Cards had astroturf back then.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 14, 2020, 5:26 AM Post
jerichoholicninja said:

Strength training. Didn't take off until the 80's. Yount and Soderbloom were pioneers when they did the Nautilas thing prior to the 1979 season.

With mechanics, now you video analysis and such that wasn't around or thought of back then.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 14, 2020, 12:10 PM Post
DHonks said:
PinaMadness said:

I always remember the Brewers-As brawl with Edwin Nunez clawing Surhoff.

Who was it that Rob Dibble threw at like a week before we acquired him? Listach?

I think it was indeed Listach. I remember he got suspended and served that suspension once he was a Brewer.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 28, 2020, 8:57 AM Post
So today FS Wisconsin is supposed to show the Brewers vs Blue Jays game from August of 92' when they had 31 hits and 22 runs. Originally I saw it at 7pm CST, then I saw on Brewers Twitter account the other day it was now at 12pm CST today. But I don't see either on my YouTube TV channel guide. Hope it still is going to be shown. Been wanting to see that game again for years.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 28, 2020, 9:49 AM Post
Ope, looks like I am now seeing it airing at 7pm tonight.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 28, 2020, 10:22 AM Post
Thanks for the heads up, BCF. I'll call my folks and have Dad DVR that one. I've never seen that game, but in '92 Dad and I listened to it on a portable radio while fishing in Vilas county.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 28, 2020, 12:26 PM Post
Yeah, I remember some of the game as I was 10 yo at the time. Been wanting to see the whole thing for years, could never find it on YouTube or anywhere. This isn't quite the Holy Grail, but for me it's close as far as any Brewers broadcast goes.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 28, 2020, 6:53 PM Post
BrewCrewForever said:
So today FS Wisconsin is supposed to show the Brewers vs Blue Jays game from August of 92' when they had 31 hits and 22 runs. Originally I saw it at 7pm CST, then I saw on Brewers Twitter account the other day it was now at 12pm CST today. But I don't see either on my YouTube TV channel guide. Hope it still is going to be shown. Been wanting to see that game again for years.

I was at this game.......so much fun!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2020, 7:23 AM Post
Zad Fnark said:
Didn't realize the Cards had astroturf back then.

About half the NL had turf in those days. It was a different game.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 28 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply