LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next  [ 121 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

60 man Roster

Offline  Re: 60 man Roster

Posted: June 29, 2020, 4:00 PM Post
A little surprised no Corey Ray

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2020, 4:59 PM Post
Makes you wonder if they would leave off a fringe player with a positive c19 test

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2020, 6:05 PM Post

Roster Guru
DocLuna7 said:
A little surprised no Corey Ray

why? he was in the first round of optional assignments on 9 march. he still has a shot to be in the 60-man player pool.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2020, 7:17 PM Post
Last 15 spots will be interesting. Do they take some bigger name prospects like Turang/ Lutz even though they still aren’t very close? Think it’s still good experience for them to be at Wisconsin with more advanced players.

My best guess:
Pitchers
C. Andrews
Z. Brown
T. Supek
E. Small
A. Bettinger
A. Ashby

C.
Mario Feliciano
P. Henry
C. Hummel

IF
L. Erceg
B. Turang
J. Gatewood

OF
T. Taylor
C. Ray
T. Lutz

Probably missed some better options but this is just my guess. Brown, Andrews, Erceg, Ray, and Taylor were definitely the biggest losers of the 45 man imo. All guys I felt would get a look for it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2020, 8:23 PM Post
YoungGeezy1 said:
Z. Brown

Brown's on the list.

Was hoping we'd see File this year, but I didn't think he was within two months of making it.

More realistically, I thought Perdomo was on now or never time and would have made it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2020, 8:38 PM Post
folly412 said:
YoungGeezy1 said:
Z. Brown

Brown's on the list.

Was hoping we'd see File this year, but I didn't think he was within two months of making it.

More realistically, I thought Perdomo was on now or never time and would have made it.

Good catch, missed that. Glad he made it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2020, 8:38 PM Post
folly412 said:
YoungGeezy1 said:
Z. Brown

Brown's on the list.

Good catch, missed that. Glad he made it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2020, 8:39 PM Post
it will be curious to see who ends up Brown is curious since his bad time in the minors.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 60 man Roster

Posted: June 29, 2020, 8:41 PM Post
Global Moderator
Agreed on Dylan File and Angel Perdomo being arms that could be added.

Other pitchers with a shot to be included on the alternate training roster are Miguel Sanchez or Thomas Jankins.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 29, 2020, 9:16 PM Post
Assuming the four 40-man guys get spots, if they fill all 11 of the others I'll guess:

Both scenarios:
Tuffy Gosewisch
Aaron Wilkerson
Luke Barker
Miguel Sanchez
Clayton Andrews
Alec Bettinger

Scenario A: Most likely to contribute this year
Lucas Erceg
Dylan File
Bowden Francis
Thomas Jankins
Final spot:
Mario Feliciano if they think they might end up waiving a catcher to make room for Morrison or Miller, Phil Bickford as a darkhorse if they don't

Scenario B: Get some top prospects some experience
Mario Feliciano
Tristen Lutz
Brice Turang
Garrett Mitchell
Ethan Small

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 30, 2020, 1:05 AM Post

Roster Guru
folly412 said:

perdomo had three minor league options entering 2020. that doesn't mean his spot on the 40-man is safe, though . . . and it doesn't assure him a spot in the player pool.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 30, 2020, 6:11 AM Post
I wonder if Phil Bickford is a possibility? He really put it together last season, fulfilling some of that 1st round promise. He's also going to be 25 in a couple weeks.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 30, 2020, 10:04 AM Post
Bickford, Sanchez, OTC are a few names I missed before. All could very well make it

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 30, 2020, 11:01 AM Post

Roster Guru
monty57 said:
MadThinker88 said:
djoctagone said:
the brewers won't announce (technically, submit) their player pool until tomorrow (sunday 28 june). can have up to 60 players.

I understood that all the teams had to have their lists into the league office on Sunday afternoon. I wonder why most other team have their lists in (& announced) but the Brewers do not.

It seems that whenever there is a deadline, the Brewers are always a day late.

the brewers submitted their 60-man player pool to mlb by the deadline on sunday. they can announce it whenever they want.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 60 man Roster

Posted: June 30, 2020, 1:53 PM Post
Global Moderator
djoctagone said:
the brewers submitted their 60-man player pool to mlb by the deadline on sunday. they can announce it whenever they want.

This is interesting since it appears the majority of teams just announced their entire list while the Brewers are seemingly remaining guarded about the players headed to the alternate training site in a couple of weeks. Common sense suggests it is probably nothing to read into, but the conspiracy theorist in me that has been devoid of baseball for months is wondering if they are discussing a trade involving one or more of those additional players. The players on the 60-man list the Brewers submitted to MLB on Sunday are the only ones that can be traded at this point.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 30, 2020, 2:25 PM Post
Global Moderator
I think regardless of the reason, it seems a smart move to not announce the entire roster until they have to. Could be a trade, physicals, players recovering from injury or covid... whatever it is, take the flexibility you are given.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 30, 2020, 2:27 PM Post

Roster Guru
Eye Black said:
but the conspiracy theorist in me that has been devoid of baseball for months is wondering if they are discussing a trade involving one or more of those additional players. The players on the 60-man list the Brewers submitted to MLB on Sunday are the only ones that can be traded at this point.

that void prompted me to recall when the brewers acquired francisco rodriguez in july 2011 for two players to be named later. fans were frantic with theories about whom the brewers were giving up, and on 1 september, we learned they were daniel herrera and adrian rosario.

if the brewers worked out a significant trade, that acquisition likely will report to miller park very soon.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 07, 2020, 10:47 AM Post
Now with Mitchell signing, does anyone see him being put on 60 man roster? Head to Appleton and get in some work?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 07, 2020, 10:52 AM Post
YoungGeezy1 said:
Now with Mitchell signing, does anyone see him being put on 60 man roster? Head to Appleton and get in some work?

I would imagine/hope that would be the case. Being a Type 1 diabetic does put him at a higher risk should he contract COVID, but he seems very in tune with his condition, and would perhaps be safer living in the "bubble" in Appleton than home in California.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 07, 2020, 2:49 PM Post
Global Moderator
why can't he work without being on the 60 man roster?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next  [ 121 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply