LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 73 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Fans in the Stands

Offline  Re: Fans in the Stands

Posted: July 26, 2020, 10:08 PM Post
The Cardinals are probably still announcing games as sellouts.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Posted: July 27, 2020, 12:16 AM Post
Zero...unless you’re Tony Fauci. Seriously at this point if we make it all 60 games I’ll call it a win. Marlins just announced a mini Rona outbreak. Fans aren’t happening this year,sorry

Posted: July 27, 2020, 8:02 AM Post

GIF Master
Having small numbers of fans at games would look sadder than no fans.

Posted: July 27, 2020, 8:17 AM Post
I just think it would be foolish. You already have players around the league getting this. All you would be doing is increasing the odds of shutting down a team or the league. It just wouldn't be a wise thing to do.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Posted: July 27, 2020, 9:17 AM Post
0% chance

Many teams have already inferred there will be no fans.

Posted: July 27, 2020, 12:08 PM Post
14 marlins tested positive,Yankees and Philadelphia just got whacked. I have my doubts about MLB making it past this weekend

Posted: July 27, 2020, 3:12 PM Post
jerichoholicninja said:
rickh150 said:
Also, what's up with no exchanging cards at home plate,no spitting, having extended dugouts, yet teams are going through the handshake line at games winning end. That doesn't make ANY sense.

You have to look like you're trying/care. That's what the vast majority of things are these days.

Marlins probably would redo the shaking of hands after the win on Saturday.... just stupid when all the other precautions are set up. Hi five lines NOW?.... it's like the easiest thing to get rid of.

Posted: July 27, 2020, 3:51 PM Post
Global Moderator
Did the Cubs put dummies <insert joke here> in the bleachers? I only saw a couple highlight reels of last weekend's games and it looked like people out there, but no one moved.

Posted: August 22, 2020, 8:34 PM Post
Chatter about getting fans in stands...
https://calltothepen.com/2020/08/21/fan ... e-mlb-act/

Posted: August 22, 2020, 9:00 PM Post
MLB is actually playing games now. The NFL says they're going to have a limited number in the stands but that can change very quickly if they tie an outbreak to a gathering in a stadium.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Posted: August 23, 2020, 6:47 AM Post
[laughing]

Attachments:

bartman_cardboard-750.jpg
bartman_cardboard-750.jpg [ 175.53 KiB | Viewed 456 times ]

Posted: August 23, 2020, 8:38 PM Post
Playoffs are a long way off yet.... still a possibility on most cities, IMO.

Posted: August 23, 2020, 9:11 PM Post
rickh150 said:
Playoffs are a long way off yet.... still a possibility on most cities, IMO.

Not really, barely a month away. Given that the COVID situation hasn't really even improved much overall since March, I don't know how anyone can expect fans in baseball stadiums in a month.

Even if you do, what are you going to be able to let in, 1,000 people? Is it really worth it for that?

What the NFL intends to do right now is meaningless until they're able to successfully execute it. The NCAA went from a normal NCAA tournament to a fanless NCAA tournament to no tournament within a week. This is a fluid situation.

Fans in baseball stadiums is probably a conversation best had for the 2021 season.

Posted: August 23, 2020, 10:03 PM Post
A possibility... not a probability.

Posted: August 24, 2020, 10:19 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
The COVID curve is going to end up being a sine wave, isn't it?

Online  Re: Fans in the Stands

Posted: August 24, 2020, 11:02 AM Post
Brewers sent renewal invoices last week and attached a due date of 9/28. I'm renewing again and never asked for a refund so I got the 10% credit. But I am a bit apprehensive about it just because we have no idea what April 2021 is going to be like. It seems hard to believe there would be a 100% capacity allowance by then. And will masks be required? I don't know if I want to bother doing that.

I can already see an issue if people renew, then are told 5 months later that they have to wear a mask, sit in every other seat/row, and a bunch of stipulations they don't want to agree to. And if the games are played and you're allowed in, there aren't going to be refunds.

Posted: August 24, 2020, 11:13 AM Post

Brewerfan Staff
Board Administrator
If April 2021 seating is every other row, or otherwise spaced out, not everyone is going to be able to join in.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Posted: August 24, 2020, 11:27 AM Post
That's part of my point. They're letting people "renew" and commit to spending right now and most people assume that means they're getting Product A. They may end up being offered Product B. It never says you're guaranteed to get the 20 games you pick, it's subject to availability. It's just never been an issue before.

Posted: August 24, 2020, 12:29 PM Post
No one could have predicted this years disaster and the fallout with tickets, but for next year I think some common sense should be used by people. If masks, seat limitations, or other things bother someone they should maybe just not renew. Maybe one should just avoid the April/May games so they dramatically reduce the chance of problems. If one has a 20 game pack they are a long way from the deadline to pick games. One could wait till next March I am sure to pick if they wanted.

They won’t be a lot of reasons to complain next year. People will be well aware going in it could be an annoying mess.

I wonder what season ticket numbers will look like next year considering this years team has been pathetic, how there were no fans this year, and next year could be a bit shaky getting fans in.

Posted: August 24, 2020, 12:37 PM Post
I don't think this year's team will be a big influence on renewals. The team draws well even when it's going in as a known rebuilding year and I don't think they are quite there. There is a good deal of exciting talent on the roster to draw reasonably well and people will just miss going. Personally I'm using the credit to upgrade the seats significantly and just basically tacking on my normal payment since I view last year's and gone and spent anyway.

I expect it will be down in general due to the pandemic but not significantly because of the team. I dunno how the 60+ crowd feels about being packed into a stadium, and that's a lot of folks. I think masks and such are reasonable expectations, but I think the loss of flexibility within the packages may loom large and be something a lot of people are not thinking about.

If I were to wait until March I wouldn't expect to get what I want, especially not opening day if it's for 20k people. That will be entirely comprised of people that really want to go back.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 73 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply