LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 57 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

two arbitration-eligble players (including josh hader)

Online  Re: 10 arbitration-eligble players on current roster

Posted: December 02, 2020, 11:05 AM Post
Global Moderator
If Arcia does hit in 2021 the way he hit this year and if his defense reverts back to even just 'above average', he'll be well worth the $2-point-whatever million he'd get paid in 2021. Obviously, neither of those things can be relied on, so that's a choice they'll have to weigh.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 02, 2020, 1:46 PM Post
Some clutch performances from the guy too in some of our biggest games.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 02, 2020, 7:13 PM Post
Corey non tendered

https://twitter.com/byrobertmurray/stat ... 67395?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 10 arbitration-eligble players on current roster

Posted: December 02, 2020, 7:25 PM Post
monty57 said:
monty57 said:
All bets are off if the NL doesn't have a DH. Vogelbach should not be our everyday first baseman. His poor defense pretty much negates his positive offensive value.

If there is a DH in the NL, Vogelbach could be a relatively cheap option to play first, allowing Hiura to DH, with Urias moving to 2B. The money saved by going with Vogelbach at first might help them find a decent third baseman.

However, if there is no DH, a right side of the infield with Hiura at 2B and Vogelbach at 1B would be pretty awful defensively.

first off, do any teams use a full-time DH anymore? I don't follow the AL much, but it seems that went away years ago.

Secondly, that's still sadly a better right side of the infield than we had in the late 2000s. Good thing Prince and Rickie could hit so well. Once they moved on, I realized how frequently for years I was justifying them saying "they're actually surprisingly athletic." Still can't believe a routine throw never hit Prince in the face.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: two arbitration-eligble players on current roster

Posted: December 02, 2020, 8:07 PM Post
Global Moderator
From Will Sammon...

Brewers moves, per team:

Non-tendered: Corey Knebel, Ben Gamel, Alex Claudio, Jace Peterson.

Tendered: Hader, Woodruff

Agreed to 1-year deals avoiding arbitration: Narvaez, Arcia, Vogelbach, Pina

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: two arbitration-eligble players on current roster

Posted: December 02, 2020, 8:08 PM Post
Gamel, Claudio and Peterson reportedly non-tendered. Woodruff and Hader tendered (obviously). With the reported signings, that takes care of all of them.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: two arbitration-eligble players on current roster

Posted: December 02, 2020, 8:08 PM Post
https://twitter.com/brewers/status/1334 ... 40961?s=21

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 02, 2020, 8:10 PM Post

Roster Guru
the brewers could be heading to arbitration hearings with josh hader and brandon woodruff. they are the only remaining players on the brewers roster who are eligible for salary arbitration.

alex claudio, ben gamel and jace peterson have not been tendered contracts for 2021 and are now free agents.

corey knebel has been traded to the dodgers for cash or a player to be named. he is still eligible for salary arbitration with the dodgers.

orlando arcia, omar narvaez, manny pina and daniel vogelbach were signed to one year deals, all avoiding salary arbitration.

Last edited by djoctagone on December 02, 2020, 8:14 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 02, 2020, 8:14 PM Post
djoctagone said:
the brewers could be heading to arbitration hearings with josh hader and brandon woodruff. they are the only remaining players on the brewers roster who are eligible for salary arbitration.

alex claudio, ben gamel, corey knebel and jace peterson have not been tendered contracts for 2021 and are now free agents.

orlando arcia, omar narvaez, manny pina and daniel vogelbach were signed to one year deals, all avoiding salary arbitration.

Yep. We'll be waiting a month to even know what Hader's salary will be before a trade talk can begin.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2020, 5:27 AM Post
They can trade Josh Hader whenever they want. Pretty sure he doesn’t need to complete the arbitration process first. It doesn’t take a lot of critical thinking by another team to figure out what he will cost. A simple search on MLBTR.com would be enough.

Maybe I am wrong, but I’d think the arbitration process would just transfer to the new team.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2020, 8:32 AM Post

Roster Guru
MrTPlush said:
They can trade Josh Hader whenever they want. Pretty sure he doesn’t need to complete the arbitration process first. It doesn’t take a lot of critical thinking by another team to figure out what he will cost. A simple search on MLBTR.com would be enough.

Maybe I am wrong, but I’d think the arbitration process would just transfer to the new team.

the dodgers traded for corey knebel without knowing whether he'll settle ahead of arbitration, or head to arbitration with the team.

the brewers acquired omar narvaez before his 2020 salary was known (but after the mariners had agreed to tender him), and he settled without arbitration.

clubs agree to tender contracts by the arbitration deadline. if a contract isn't reached, then the club and the player head to an arbitration hearing--each with a salary figure. one of those two figures becomes the player's salary for the season . . . no compromising at this point . . . it's one or the other.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 03, 2020, 9:04 AM Post
Global Moderator
MrTPlush said:

Agree. This isn't like the Cubs' situation with Bryant last year, when no one knew how many years of service he had left. Teams might actually prefer trading for Hader before his contract is settled, as they may be looking at doing a multi-year deal with him.

With the deals they struck yesterday, I'd guess that the Hader situation is the next thing on the agenda. What they decide to do with him somewhat dictates how they're going to address their other needs.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 12, 2021, 7:15 PM Post

Roster Guru
clubs and players must submit their salary arbitration figures to each other by noon friday.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 15, 2021, 7:10 AM Post

Roster Guru
hopefully, we'll learn the figures that the brewers are offering josh hader and brandon woodruff (and the figures that those two are submitting to the club) after the noon deadline today.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: two arbitration-eligble players (including josh hader)

Posted: January 15, 2021, 12:27 PM Post

Roster Guru
josh hader has agreed to terms with the brewers on a one-year contract. no details yet.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 15, 2021, 12:36 PM Post

Roster Guru
reported $6.675 mm for josh hader. hader has two years remaining of arbitration eligibility.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 15, 2021, 12:44 PM Post
Good to see that they both agreed to deals. This makes me a bit more optimistic that the team may spend some money on a few signings yet. Had both gone to arbitration, I wouldn't have been as optimistic.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 57 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply