LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 9 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Will Lo cain be welcome in the club house in 2021?

Offline  Will Lo cain be welcome in the club house in 2021?

Posted: November 18, 2020, 8:15 AM Post
I have no idea yet anyone who has played competitive sports knows there are massive locker room issues at times. Especially with guys who some see as "tanking" it as others play through a variety of injuries, personal issues etc

How many crew players contracted Covid in 2020? just saying......................

Offline  Re: Will Lo cain be welcome in the club house in 2021?

Posted: November 18, 2020, 8:20 AM Post
Gorman19 said:
I have no idea yet anyone who has played competitive sports knows there are massive locker room issues at times. Especially with guys who some see as "tanking" it as others play through a variety of injuries, personal issues etc

How many crew players contracted Covid in 2020? just saying......................

He will be welcomed back. Baseball is a business, and his teammates know that. If he felt that it was too dangerous for himself or his family the other guys will understand. Us fans make way, way, way more of rivalries than the players do. The players have no problem signing with a rival team if the money is right. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY.

Posted: November 18, 2020, 8:28 AM Post
I haven't seen any negativity for a player opting out in any sport...from other players that is. I think most players will forget about last year when things start up. Not to mention what matters to most players is the $$$...sure they want to make the playoffs (more $$$), but are they really heartbroken? No, they probably happily go back to their ocean view home with their super model wives.

For players to care priority #1 would have to be making the playoffs...in reality it is simply playing well enough to stay on the MLB squad and/or their personal bank account.

Posted: November 18, 2020, 8:36 AM Post
Seeing that several players supported him via social media when he opted out, yes.

Posted: November 18, 2020, 9:00 AM Post
Global Moderator
There has been no indication that Cain is anything but a model teammate, and is respected and liked by everyone on the Brewers.

If there was to be any fissure within baseball, I would think it would be between the huge number of guys making less than $1M and the relative few at the top making 25 or 30+ times that--especially the underperformers. Albert Pujols and Chris Davis come to mind. But players either don't have ill will towards those guys, or they keep it to themselves.

Posted: November 18, 2020, 9:05 AM Post
Global Moderator
Cain lost out on over $5 million because he wasn't comfortable playing baseball in a pandemic. I think exactly zero people in the clubhouse will hold his decision against him.

Posted: November 18, 2020, 9:21 AM Post
Huh?

Posted: November 18, 2020, 9:23 AM Post
The only player that is going to negatively care that Cain is back is the bench player that loses his spot on the roster to him. Everyone else will be happy he is back. Assuming he is back.

Posted: November 18, 2020, 9:38 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Will Gorman19 be welcome on BF.net in 2021?

Anyway, locking this topic, I just hope it’s trolling.

[ 9 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply