LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 67 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Fans at 2021 games

Offline  Re: Fans at 2021 games

Posted: February 19, 2021, 11:56 AM Post
Global Moderator
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Lots of domed stadiums just had football games.

With nearly zero fans in the stands, for the record.

In the end, you can certainly state your opinion on whether it's necessary or not. But again, unless there's actual data to suggest that it does 'little to nothing', or that the benefit is "infinitesimally small" is merely opinion, not fact.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 19, 2021, 12:04 PM Post
If the roof were dangerous, they wouldn't close it and play during rain. They would call the game off. That tells me everything I need to know.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 19, 2021, 12:13 PM Post
They can close the roof and open the panels during rain. I really think they should add gameday sales to people who can prove they've been vaccinated. Most of the ticket takers, ushers and many working in food service are 65 and over and most will be vaccinated by opening day.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 19, 2021, 12:24 PM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
If the roof were dangerous, they wouldn't close it and play during rain. They would call the game off. That tells me everything I need to know.

Yep, that it is preferable to have the roof open and will do so when they can. There's not a 100% dangerous - 100% safe threshold here. I'm sure they'll put in enough precautions to make it very safe even with the roof closed, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't keep it open as often as they can still.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 19, 2021, 12:26 PM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
They can close the roof and open the panels during rain. I really think they should add gameday sales to people who can prove they've been vaccinated. Most of the ticket takers, ushers and many working in food service are 65 and over and most will be vaccinated by opening day.

I just don't see this as a viable option. The majority of people who've been vaccinated are high risk for one reason or another and probably less likely to go in the first place. Plus I don't think there will be any shortage of demand for SSH. They'll have more requests for tickets from them than they have seats. And they will not be happy to see someone else who got a vaccine they can't get took their seats.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 19, 2021, 1:07 PM Post
Global Moderator
OldSchoolSnapper said:
They already said it WILL be closed for precipitation, so, yes, it will be closed...and must not be that dangerous to do so either.

They are overly conservative on closing it in normal times. Many games with temps in the low 60's the roof is closed. Now it will be open. The reason to close the roof is so more people go to the games in inclement weather but that is not a factor since there won't be many people there to begin with.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 19, 2021, 1:52 PM Post
homer said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
They already said it WILL be closed for precipitation, so, yes, it will be closed...and must not be that dangerous to do so either.

They are overly conservative on closing it in normal times. Many games with temps in the low 60's the roof is closed. Now it will be open. The reason to close the roof is so more people go to the games in inclement weather but that is not a factor since there won't be many people there to begin with.

They are, but I can't think of a single evening game in April where I'd have wanted the roof open. That's not going to be in the 60s, it will be anywhere from high 30s to high 40s...the historical average night time temp is 37 degrees. I am hoping that they use that "unless it rains" caveat often and close it when it's 42 degrees and there's a cloud in Madison.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  [ 67 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply