LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 80 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

FSN/Sinclair/regional sports network streaming

Offline  Re: FSN/Sinclair/regional sports network streaming

Posted: December 26, 2020, 5:26 PM Post
I priced out Spectrum just for fun and it was $70/month on their website. That's a ridiculous price for Brewers games, no way I would pay that.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 26, 2020, 7:47 PM Post
umphrey said:
I priced out Spectrum just for fun and it was $70/month on their website. That's a ridiculous price for Brewers games, no way I would pay that.

I just looked up YouTube tv......64.99 per month...’.Sling costs between $30-45.

So assuming you were going to pay 30-65 to not have the Brewers.......$70 a month to get the Brewers seems pretty reasonable to me.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 26, 2020, 8:12 PM Post
$70 sounds reasonable...if that price lasted longer than 12 months.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: FSN/Sinclair/regional sports network streaming

Posted: December 26, 2020, 8:26 PM Post
Spectrum has a 12 month contract option. That’s what I’m going to do. Tired of the 2-year with directv and jacking up my price.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 26, 2020, 10:33 PM Post
I pay $68 per month for YTTV for the package that includes the 5 channels I have to have. That price includes all taxes and fees and it allows me unlimited recording for 9 months and I can cancel at any time with no penalty. I watch nearly all of my TV on my laptop or my phone so streaming is essential. Rarely, I will stream my YTTV through my regular TV.

Doing a check of Spectrum I will have to choose the Silver package to get the channels I need. That will cost $75 per month, which does not include taxes, cable box fees, DVR fees, set-up fees, and whatever other fees they throw in (and they always do). I don't know if that was $75 per month for one year or two, but I really don't care because their website was a nightmare to navigate so I'm not wasting my time searching for their fine print terms and conditions. I won't bother because their rock bottom price is already $7 more expensive than YTTV and I'm certain it would end being way more than YTTV once you add in all the extra fees.

Spectrum is a no go. If YTTV doesn't offer FSN I won't be watching Brewers games on TV this year.

Last edited by Axman59 on December 26, 2020, 10:56 PM, edited 2 times in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 26, 2020, 10:53 PM Post
Spectrum TV compared to Dish is no comparison.... Dish is way better in almost every facet. However, I'm not going to get caught in a 2 year contract again, especially when so many channels have left or could be left out of a package midstream, ala FSN. I'll pay the extra fee month to month now, knowing that I could change at any point without the added hassle of what I went through with DIsh.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 27, 2020, 11:33 AM Post
For anyone wondering. I just looked at my bill. Spectrum is 73.99 a month for all the 'normal channels' 3 to 93. Then they charge 7.99 for the box. Sports pack is an extra 5$ and that includes NFL network, nhl network, and 11 other sports stations. New members can get cable and internet for less than 100$ a month for 12 months. I usually call every other year and get this cheaper price.

Charter sucks, but compared to the prices of streaming services I'm okay paying the extra 10ish bucks a month.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 27, 2020, 3:58 PM Post
stoutdude04 said:
For anyone wondering. I just looked at my bill. Spectrum is 73.99 a month for all the 'normal channels' 3 to 93. Then they charge 7.99 for the box. Sports pack is an extra 5$ and that includes NFL network, nhl network, and 11 other sports stations. New members can get cable and internet for less than 100$ a month for 12 months. I usually call every other year and get this cheaper price.

Charter sucks, but compared to the prices of streaming services I'm okay paying the extra 10ish bucks a month.

But for me it's not an extra 10ish bucks because the basic tier for Spectrum doesn't give me the channels I need and get from YTTV (for $68). I'd probably end up paying an extra $25 or more per month.

How many hours of recording do you get with the $7.99 box? With YTTV it is unlimited, with the caveat that recordings disappear after 9 months. Which is fine because if I haven't watched something in 9 months I'm not going to watch it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 27, 2020, 5:33 PM Post
That $7.99 is just for the cable box, DVR is $5 more.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 27, 2020, 6:58 PM Post
Global Moderator
You know, if one of you paid for cable and then shared your login for a nominal fee to the others...that'd be terribly illegal and certainly something you shouldn't do!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 27, 2020, 6:59 PM Post
My household hasn't had cable or any kind of dish for over five years now and I don't miss it at all. Now, I don't live in a Brewers black out zone so the issue is a bit different for me and I just get he MLB.tv package and have no issues.

but it's not like every guy suddenly forgot every piece of advice he gave

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 27, 2020, 10:51 PM Post
MrTPlush said:
mtrebs said:
MLB could just get rid of the blackout rules and allow Brewers game to be broadcasted to Wisconsinites via the MLB app. I never understood those blackout rules, at least outside of the immediate vicinity of Milwaukee.

Protect local broadcasting rights. FS Wisconsin would be worthless without blackout rules. This is a huge deal with MLB as every team is through some sort of regional sports network.

I thought The MLB app broadcasts the regional sports networks, so if you were watching the Brewers you’d have the choice of watching Fox Sports Wisconsin’s broadcast or else the opponent’s regional sports network’s broadcast. Is this not the case?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 28, 2020, 1:10 AM Post
It's FS Wisconsin but without their commercials and no other shows like the post game. Just the game and a sh!t-ton of Topps commercials.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 30, 2020, 11:02 AM Post
I know its not TNT's job to cater to bucks fans but since I can only watch games on TNT and ESPN this season, sucks to have them cut away on a night they broke an NBA record.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 30, 2020, 11:45 AM Post
I wonder if the demand for broadcasting a whole game from start to finish live of just about any sport is going away. I keep reading that the youngins only care about the highlights and just don't sit and watch a whole game through. Perhaps we're about to see the rise of more things like NFL RedZone and whatever the other leagues call their channels that just switch to whatever games have interesting things going on at the time.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 30, 2020, 1:44 PM Post

Tom Petty Apologist
I find this to be true, as my 14 year old sports fan “watches” most games while doing something else and having the highlights immediately sent to his phone as notifications when anything exciting happens. This is especially true for MLB and NFL.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 30, 2020, 2:14 PM Post
I'm in IL so I can't watch every Packer game. I've been watching the summary on Youtube after the game and I almost prefer it now. Losses and the 2nd half of the Carolina game are much less frustrating. Same with the Brewers. If I can't watch the game I do watch the quick summaries on MLB.TV.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 30, 2020, 2:55 PM Post
I am so busy, with kids, life, work etc (like I am sure alot of other people are), sometimes it nice to relax and have a few cold ones and watch the game from start to finish. That being said it is nice to get the highlights when you don't just have 3 hours to watch a game. I guess its nice to have both as an option.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 30, 2020, 4:03 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
I am so busy, with kids, life, work etc (like I am sure alot of other people are), sometimes it nice to relax and have a few cold ones and watch the game from start to finish.

That's me too until I actually sit down and watch. After an inning or two I'm looking for something else to do. By the time the kids are in bed and I have time for myself the Brewers are usually in the 6th or 7th inning so I check the score to see if it's worth turning on. Most times I do but rarely do I pay close attention to it. Maybe it's 3TO baseball, maybe it's just being an adult and having other things to do but a baseball game on TV doesn't hold my attention like it used to.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: December 30, 2020, 4:17 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
jerichoholicninja said:
patrickgpe said:
I am so busy, with kids, life, work etc (like I am sure alot of other people are), sometimes it nice to relax and have a few cold ones and watch the game from start to finish.

That's me too until I actually sit down and watch. After an inning or two I'm looking for something else to do. By the time the kids are in bed and I have time for myself the Brewers are usually in the 6th or 7th inning so I check the score to see if it's worth turning on. Most times I do but rarely do I pay close attention to it. Maybe it's 3TO baseball, maybe it's just being an adult and having other things to do but a baseball game on TV doesn't hold my attention like it used to.

I love day games for this reason. I usually would put it on my second computer screen while I'm working. I was outraged when the Brewers played almost no day games in 2020.

Night games usually start at 5 PM west coast time so pre-COVID I would put the game on my headphones while riding the bus home from work and if the game was interesting I would have it on during my evening run. Might catch the 8th or 9th inning on TV if it was a close game.

When the Brewers turned into a full 3TO team in 2020 it got boring really fast. If the opposition had a good pitcher on the mound there was just no chance of them doing anything offensively.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 80 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply