LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 53 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Francisco Lindor & Carlos Carrasco Traded to Mets

Offline  Re: Francisco Lindor & Carlos Carrasco Traded to Mets

Posted: January 07, 2021, 2:07 PM Post
Global Moderator
MadThinker88 said:
BTW - Removing Lindor & Carrasco from the payroll drops the remaining 2021 payroll to 35-40M range

And their top two highest paid players (Ramirez & Perez) could be gone next year. They're only committed to $2,000,000 in salary in 2022, and that's Ramirez's buyout.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 07, 2021, 8:02 PM Post
This is just sickening and really terrible time to be a brewers fan.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 07, 2021, 8:04 PM Post
You simply aren’t going to get a big return when a guy is a rental or in Carrasco’s case a two year deal for a really old player. Next year the remount of revenue is going to be poor to dreadful. Those big contracts are a huge detriment to value under current circumstances.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 07, 2021, 9:09 PM Post
brewmann04 said:

Only if you allow it to be. These trades working out for the team getting the "big name" player are hit or miss in the short term and almost always hurt in the long term.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 07, 2021, 9:49 PM Post
Lindor is top, top value but has minimal surplus value IMO. Only one year of control left with a big, big arbitration number....and even if they tried to get a bidding war going, the big market teams were going to low-ball them because they know it's either take one of our packages as a return or get left with one compensation pick (which would be similar to what Stearns gave up to get Alex Claudio).

If I'm an Indian's fan, I'd be kind of glad that the Lindor thing is over and they got a pretty good shortstop prospect they can stick in there right away.

However, I would not be happy that they got rid of Carrasco. I agree with the idea that age is a consideration. But Carrasco showed pretty well last year. Really the reason I hate it is because how their rotation stacks up. Bieber is a stud and Plesac has looked good so far...not really convince with Civale but time will tell. Have to wonder if they are just going to throw McKenzie, Allen, Quantrill right in there and sink-or-swim. I would have preferred to keep the veteran around for one more year...but at least for Cleveland fans it will be exciting to see all those young guys in there. There is always a chance that maybe I think too much of Carrasco because it seems like he really puts a real beat-down on Milwaukee whenever he pitches against them. Couldn't help but look up the numbers and in 3 starts the Brewers have a .244/.286/.269/.555 slash line against him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 07, 2021, 10:18 PM Post
Global Moderator
brewmann04 said:

I think this is a great time to be a Brewerfan.

For a franchise that has long struggled to produce any pitching of note, we look to have two legit top of the rotation caliber pitchers in Woodruff & Burnes, plus probably the best two headed shutdown relief tandem in all of MLB with Williams & Hader. I agree, their stuff is pretty sickening. Filth the likes of which we've rarely ever seen.

Look around the rest of the NL Central: the Pirates are probably the worst team in baseball, the Cubs were suppossed to have a Dynasty in the making that we for all intense porpoises put to an end in Game 163 of 2018, the Reds are already down one Cy Young winner plus their closer from last year. The Cardinals are still the Cardinals but even they could look a lil different with no Molina/Wainwright for the first time in forever.

The Brewers, conversley, have lost no one of real consequence from 2020 & have pretty much an entire lineup due for significant positive regression in 2021 with probably enough change in the couch cushions to still make a couple two tree additions yet before the season starts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2021, 3:18 AM Post
sveumrules said:
brewmann04 said:

For a franchise that has long struggled to produce any pitching of note, we look to have two legit top of the rotation caliber pitchers in Woodruff & Burnes, plus the best two headed shutdown relief tandem ever in all of MLB with Williams & Hader. I agree, their stuff is pretty sickening. Filth the likes of which we've rarely ever seen.

Look around the rest of the NL Central: the Pirates are probably the worst team in baseball, the Cubs were suppossed to have a Dynasty in the making that we for all intense porpoises put to an end in Game 163 of 2018, the Reds are already down one Cy Young winner plus their closer from last year. The Cardinals are still the Cardinals but even they could look a lil different with no Molina/Wainwright for the first time in forever.

The Brewers, conversley, have lost no one of real consequence from 2020 & have pretty much an entire lineup due for significant positive regression in 2021 with probably enough change in the couch cushions to still make a couple two tree additions yet before the season starts.

Fixed

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2021, 9:07 AM Post
Global Moderator
sveumrules said:
brewmann04 said:

For a franchise that has long struggled to produce any pitching of note, we look to have two legit top of the rotation caliber pitchers in Woodruff & Burnes, plus probably the best two headed shutdown relief tandem in all of MLB with Williams & Hader. I agree, their stuff is pretty sickening. Filth the likes of which we've rarely ever seen.

I agree with Sveumrules. I think people are way too down based on last season's offensive numbers. If Yelich has turned into a bad hitter, then we're in trouble, but I'm still going to believe that he and a lot of the other players on the team are better than they showed in 2020.

I hope we find at least one decent corner infielder before the offseason is over, but our biggest offensive boost has to come from last year's underperformers getting back to where they should be.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2021, 9:21 AM Post
brewmann04 said:

in the playoffs 3 straight seasons and still upset. jeez.

Talk to me whenever spring training starts on the status of the roster.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Francisco Lindor & Carlos Carrasco Traded to Mets

Posted: January 08, 2021, 9:35 AM Post
brewmann04 said:

Well, there is plenty of room for you on the Mets bandwagon, just like there was plenty of room on the Reds bandwagon last year, and the Phillies bandwagon the year before that.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2021, 10:11 AM Post
Some of you act like it is a crime to be disappointed in what is going on this off season...

Being a fan means a lot of different things to different people.

Some can paint it all like a rose and act like everything is fine, some take the opposite approach and react like the sky is falling. Thereare those in between, but you can't ridicule those who feel one way or the other.

Some of the lecturing that takes place here is ridiculous...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2021, 10:13 AM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
brewmann04 said:

Well, there is plenty of room for you on the Mets bandwagon, just like there was plenty of room on the Reds bandwagon last year, and the Phillies bandwagon the year before that.

Really, is the snarkiness warranted here?

Dude is a Brewers fan obviously, this comment is just a bit over the top.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2021, 10:14 AM Post
Global Moderator
turborickey said:

Sorry, I think this is mis-characterizing quite a bit. If the same people 'have the right' to post their disappointment over and over in every thread, people with opposing views equally have the right to point out why they disagree with that take.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2021, 10:16 AM Post
The constant whining is what makes it not fun. The same posters cloud up every thread, no matter the topic, whining that the Brewers are going to stink and they don't ever spend money. So spare me the stance you're taking because you are one of the worst when it comes to this stuff.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2021, 10:17 AM Post
Global Moderator
Ok guys, back to the Lindor trade.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2021, 10:30 AM Post
Global Moderator
The most interesting angle of the Lindor trade for me will be seeing how intent he is on testing free agency.

Mookie Betts had 3,629 PAs with a 134 OPS+ & 41.8 WAR heading into his age 27 walk year, it cost the Dodgers 12/365 to make sure he didn't hit the market.

Nolan Arenado had 3,695 PAs with a 121 OPS+ & 30.8 WAR heading into his age 28 walk year, it cost the Rockies 8/260 to make sure he didn't hit the market.

Lindor has 3,510 PAs with a 117 OPS+ & 28.7 WAR heading into his age 27 walk year. I'd guess he's gonna want at least 10/300 from Stevie C to forego FA.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2021, 10:41 AM Post
Global Moderator
sveumrules said:
The most interesting angle of the Lindor trade for me will be seeing how intent he is on testing free agency.

Mookie Betts had 3,629 PAs with a 134 OPS+ & 41.8 WAR heading into his age 27 walk year, it cost the Dodgers 12/365 to make sure he didn't hit the market.

Nolan Arenado had 3,695 PAs with a 121 OPS+ & 30.8 WAR heading into his age 28 walk year, it cost the Rockies 8/260 to make sure he didn't hit the market.

Lindor has 3,510 PAs with a 117 OPS+ & 28.7 WAR heading into his age 27 walk year. I'd guess he's gonna want at least 10/300 from Stevie C to forego FA.

There's also the upcoming CBA. Depending on how that plays out, players may expect to get even more money. Imagine if the luxury tax threshold was abolished, or at least raised significantly. Then big market teams would have a boatload of extra money to spend.

As a pending free agent that is already making $22,000,000 this season, I might hold out for free agency rather than signing an extension.

~Bill Walsh

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2021, 10:42 AM Post
PeaveyFury said:
turborickey said:

Sorry, I think this is mis-characterizing quite a bit. If the same people 'have the right' to post their disappointment over and over in every thread, people with opposing views equally have the right to point out why they disagree with that take.

Agreed.

It's just hard to tell someone who thinks the sky is falling that they are wrong, or bad fans because of how they think...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2021, 10:43 AM Post
Brew4U said:
The constant whining is what makes it not fun. The same posters cloud up every thread, no matter the topic, whining that the Brewers are going to stink and they don't ever spend money. So spare me the stance you're taking because you are one of the worst when it comes to this stuff.

I disagree, but that is also part of being in discussion.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: January 08, 2021, 10:59 AM Post
turborickey said:
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
brewmann04 said:

Really, is the snarkiness warranted here?

Dude is a Brewers fan obviously, this comment is just a bit over the top.

He's telling a group of Brewer fans that "this is sickening and a terrible time to be a brewers fan" on a site literally called Brewerfan.net, and I'm the one who's over the top? Gotcha.

Back to Lindor ... he's a great piece, but let's not discount what the Mets are giving up. The three prospects would be rated #1-3 in our system.

Formerly Joey Meyer Bombs

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next  [ 53 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply