LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 218 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2021 Misc. MLB News

Offline  Re: 2021 Misc. MLB News
Posted: March 31, 2021, 9:27 PM Post
https://twitter.com/AnthonyDiComo/statu ... 32417?s=20

That’s a lot of money. Doesn’t include 2021 salary. So more of a 11 year ordeal.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 02, 2021, 10:29 AM Post
Global Moderator
Saw Eugenio Suarez made two errors at SS yesterday. Will be interesting to see how long the Reds stick with their jumbo infield alignment.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 02, 2021, 1:03 PM Post
sveumrules said:
Saw Eugenio Suarez made two errors at SS yesterday. Will be interesting to see how long the Reds stick with their jumbo infield alignment.

The offense will be very hard to give up. In a way, I hope the Crew goes to that sometimes.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 02, 2021, 1:14 PM Post
Global Moderator
clancyphile said:
sveumrules said:

The offense will be very hard to give up. In a way, I hope the Crew goes to that sometimes.

The offense is irrelevant if you give up more runs on defense because you're putting more guys on.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2021 Misc. MLB News
Posted: April 02, 2021, 3:14 PM Post
MLB scheduling is weird. Like, a day off in the middle of a series? After one game? A day game nonetheless? Why?

Then they have 3 week stretches without a day off later in the season. Why all the days off early in the season when everyone is raring to go?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 02, 2021, 3:24 PM Post
The typical opening series make up day that is built in in case of bad weather. I don't see why it's necessary in Milwaukee with the roof but I guess maybe trying to avoid a loss of game to Covid like the Mets vs. Nats series.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 02, 2021, 3:36 PM Post
SeaBass said:
The typical opening series make up day that is built in in case of bad weather. I don't see why it's necessary in Milwaukee with the roof but I guess maybe trying to avoid a loss of game to Covid like the Mets vs. Nats series.

It's because they're playing the Twins and due to the balanced interleague schedule can't play a four-game series.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 02, 2021, 3:45 PM Post
Vgmastr said:
SeaBass said:

It's because they're playing the Twins and due to the balanced interleague schedule can't play a four-game series.

You're probably right. The last two times (2017 & 2019) the Brewers had home openers the make-up day wasn't built into the schedule. Both were also 4 game series. Now I'm annoyed. Haha

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 03, 2021, 3:44 PM Post
Only took 13 innings for Molina and the Cardinals to play victim.

Cards' fans wear jorts.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 03, 2021, 4:04 PM Post
Baseball is back...... https://twitter.com/ballysportscin/stat ... 05540?s=21

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 03, 2021, 4:07 PM Post
Cards shouldn't act like such knobs about it, but Castellanos was an ass there. Totally un neceassary.

Had he done that to the Brewers, I only hope that we'd have the balls to go after him, but highly doubtful.

EDIT: Castellanos was the only player ejected.

Last edited by turborickey on April 03, 2021, 4:24 PM, edited 1 time in total.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 03, 2021, 4:15 PM Post
Saurez at SS is such a trainwreck right now. Maybe he gets better but he just doesn't belong playing there

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 03, 2021, 5:54 PM Post
turborickey said:
Cards shouldn't act like such knobs about it, but Castellanos was an ass there. Totally un neceassary.

Had he done that to the Brewers, I only hope that we'd have the balls to go after him, but highly doubtful.

Castellanos had a reason to react like he did.
https://twitter.com/Reds/status/1378465 ... 54979?s=20

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2021 Misc. MLB News
Posted: April 03, 2021, 6:07 PM Post
turborickey said:

Had another player thrown a 92 mph projectile at one of our players on purpose, I only hope that we'd be an ass about it when we score later.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 03, 2021, 6:33 PM Post
It's stupid to get ejected for flexing, he didn't hit anybody. If any body should have been ejected was Molina.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 03, 2021, 7:38 PM Post
Outlander said:
It's stupid to get ejected for flexing, he didn't hit anybody. If any body should have been ejected was Molina.

I find it oddly satisfying that Baseball Mogul's roster setup always has Molina on the bench. For the 2020 season, Matt Wieters was ahead. For 2021? Tyler Heineman.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 03, 2021, 8:06 PM Post
Molina needs to be suspended. The guy is always in the middle of things. He is the problem. But he won't. Castellanos will probably be fined and suspended and forced to make an apology and probably clean Yadi's gear for a month.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 03, 2021, 8:10 PM Post
SeaBass said:
turborickey said:

Castellanos had a reason to react like he did.
https://twitter.com/Reds/status/1378465 ... 54979?s=20

As soon as he got hit Yadi was jawing. It was on purpose, there's no doubt. That guy needs a heater to the dome so bad. Trash human.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 04, 2021, 1:29 PM Post
Something I would love to see, and yes this is my card hatred talking, is to see teams intentionally break the unwritten rules against the cards. Goad them into more of this stuff. Eventually fighting those battles will cost them.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: April 05, 2021, 10:20 AM Post
The play where Ohtani got hurt was such a comedy of errors. You got a passed ball, two bad throws, and lose your starter for the game all in about 12 seconds. I guess he's fine, but had to be a little scary for the Angels.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next  [ 218 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply