LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 35 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2021 Misc. MLB News

Offline  Re: 2021 Misc. MLB News

Posted: February 17, 2021, 9:32 PM Post
nate82 said:
Sad day for MLB today Tebow has retired. The greatest player to never play in MLB!

Sadly he is also stealing the spotlight from Nate Orf who also retired today

From Twitter:
#Athletics INF Nate Orf has voluntarily retired.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2021 Misc. MLB News

Posted: February 22, 2021, 10:59 AM Post
Ian Desmond opted out again. At this point with an effective vaccine which should be available to pretty much everyone by opening day, if you're still not comfortable playing your best bet is probably just to retire. It ain't just going away probably ever.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 22, 2021, 11:14 AM Post
adambr2 said:
Ian Desmond opted out again. At this point with an effective vaccine which should be available to pretty much everyone by opening day, if you're still not comfortable playing your best bet is probably just to retire. It ain't just going away probably ever.

Cain next? Anyone that opted out last summer with a 60 game schedule would be a possibility with a 162 game schedule. Mistrust of the vaccine seems to be a real issue in the African American community. I've gotten the vaccine as a senior. It was about the same as a flu shot. It's a great feeling knowing I've got a high level of protection against this thing. I'll continue to wear a mask in public, but I just don't get the reluctance. Getting the vaccine is liberating. There was a disturbing report that up to 70% of African American athletes will refuse to get vaccinated. That just exacerbates the problem.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 22, 2021, 12:04 PM Post
https://twitter.com/AdamMcCalvy/status/ ... 87457?s=20

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 22, 2021, 6:17 PM Post
Sounds like Albert Pujols is calling it quits after this year. Via his wife’s Instagram. 100 War payer. He is in last year of contract at $30 mil.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 22, 2021, 6:54 PM Post
JohnBriggs12 said:
adambr2 said:

Cain next? Anyone that opted out last summer with a 60 game schedule would be a possibility with a 162 game schedule. Mistrust of the vaccine seems to be a real issue in the African American community. I've gotten the vaccine as a senior. It was about the same as a flu shot. It's a great feeling knowing I've got a high level of protection against this thing. I'll continue to wear a mask in public, but I just don't get the reluctance. Getting the vaccine is liberating. There was a disturbing report that up to 70% of African American athletes will refuse to get vaccinated. That just exacerbates the problem.

Cain is in camp based on the Brewers official Instagram page. Their last story post showed Cain in the cage.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 23, 2021, 10:45 AM Post
ThisIsMyCrew said:
Sounds like Albert Pujols is calling it quits after this year. Via his wife’s Instagram. 100 War payer. He is in last year of contract at $30 mil.

That got walked back a bit by Albert's wife shortly after. It seems likely since his contract will be done but I guess they're not ready to make a formal announcement yet.

https://twitter.com/BleacherNation/stat ... 4169977858

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 23, 2021, 11:47 AM Post
Some team would want to pay him to play baseball for them next year first. I don't see that being very likely.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 23, 2021, 1:15 PM Post
He's 197 RBIs away from Hank Aaron's record. Not impossible in 2 years with Trout and Rendon hitting in front of you, even if you are not very good.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 23, 2021, 1:49 PM Post
He is pretty close in a lot of landmark offensive categories.
I can easily see him playing at least another year after his current contract ends.
Maybe with a low level scrubby team, but if he has even a decent year in 2021, he might be able to hook up with someone.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 23, 2021, 1:54 PM Post
I'd guess done after this year as well. But, if DH comes to NL next year it opens up 15 more jobs for him. He'd pretty much have to play for peanuts (relative to what he's used to) but someone might be willing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 23, 2021, 4:22 PM Post
Needs 34 to get past A Rod. Probably not going to happen but it would be kind of nice I guess.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 23, 2021, 4:32 PM Post
If he's coming back for cheap in '22 to chase some milestones I could definitely see the Cardinals bringing him back if the Angels are ready to move on.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 23, 2021, 4:42 PM Post
I don't think you'll see him back in '22. He's in his 40s and he's just totally washed up. Even if he somehow pulled off a .700 OPS season, is anyone really going to give a guy in his 40s with no defensive value and a weak bat anything more than a minor league contract?

The only reason he's still around is because the Angels have to choose between that and eating the contract and they're close to the finish line now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 24, 2021, 10:08 AM Post
I know there are people that feel Royce Lewis was over hyped/ under performing but this news means he is done for 2021.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2021/02/ ... n-acl.html

Right now the Twins are thankful for signing A Simmons & not dealing Alex K.
They are also praying that Buxton can stay healthy for a season (Lewis was part of the depth behind Buxton)..

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 35 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply