LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 43 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Mariners President Kevin Mather's Comments (Latest- Mather Resigns)

Offline  Re: Mariners President Kevin Mather's Comments

Posted: February 22, 2021, 2:40 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
Simba2020 said:
Seattle is obviously going through a full rebuild right now. Teams that do that will always slash payroll. You hope the prospects turn out and then spending will increase when the team is on the right course. Seattle has had a history of spending money, perhaps not even wisely, so you would expect them to do so in the future. I remember when Crane bought the Astros. Their payroll was slashed several years in a row. They were horrible but fans were outraged at how cheap the new owner was. Never made sense to spend a bunch of money when the team overall is horrible. Houston got good and their payroll rose accordingly.

I have seen few if any complaints from Mariners fans about payroll or the state of the rebuild. The fanbase had bought into it and was quite happy with the state of the rebuild as of last week. It was quite an impressive achievement when you consider the playoff drought--although Seattle has won 85+ games in 3 of the last 6 full seasons so it's not like they have been a complete disaster.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 22, 2021, 3:03 PM Post
https://twitter.com/ByRobertMurray/stat ... 12487?s=20

looks like this moron has resigned. good riddance

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 22, 2021, 5:07 PM Post
owbc said:
Simba2020 said:
Seattle is obviously going through a full rebuild right now. Teams that do that will always slash payroll. You hope the prospects turn out and then spending will increase when the team is on the right course. Seattle has had a history of spending money, perhaps not even wisely, so you would expect them to do so in the future. I remember when Crane bought the Astros. Their payroll was slashed several years in a row. They were horrible but fans were outraged at how cheap the new owner was. Never made sense to spend a bunch of money when the team overall is horrible. Houston got good and their payroll rose accordingly.

I have seen few if any complaints from Mariners fans about payroll or the state of the rebuild. The fanbase had bought into it and was quite happy with the state of the rebuild as of last week. It was quite an impressive achievement when you consider the playoff drought--although Seattle has won 85+ games in 3 of the last 6 full seasons so it's not like they have been a complete disaster.

I would be pretty excited if I was a Mariners fan too. The Cano traded really helped them out and I'm looking forward to watching the progress of Rodriguez amongst others.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 43 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply