LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next  [ 153 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?

Offline  No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?

Posted: March 26, 2021, 6:52 AM Post
We all know that tailgating is just a temporary loss. That will be back soon enough. The other changes.... well, they are probably here to stay.
I am fine with the no cash thing. I would imagine most pay with the card anyway.
I understand the carry-in thing; most stadiums and arenas have this already. Yet, it's another reason to keep fans home on a weeknight.
What I am very wary of is the online tickets. Problems with the app, especially the MLB Ballpark App have been numerous. I cannot get my head around all of the potential problems with this.
It's a new day, for sure. And the Brewers are moving forward with plans wanted for a long time, I imagine.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?

Posted: March 26, 2021, 7:12 AM Post
This e-ticket thing could cause issues for me going forward. I'll wait to see if there is a work-around.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 7:15 AM Post
Jimbo said:
This e-ticket thing could cause issues for me going forward. I'll wait to see if there is a work-around.

Yeah, you walk up to the box office.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 7:22 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
Jimbo said:

Yeah, that was my first thought as well. Not always convenient. Or, would printing a ticket from home still an option?

Forgot to mention in my previous post getting to a 2018 NLCS game was not a smooth transaction. Hence, the anxiety.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 7:35 AM Post
Jimbo said:
MrTPlush said:
Jimbo said:

Yeah, that was my first thought as well. Not always convenient. Or, would printing a ticket from home still an option?

Forgot to mention in my previous post getting to a 2018 NLCS game was not a smooth transaction. Hence, the anxiety.

It does not appear that printing at home is an option, why, who knows.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 7:45 AM Post
What are the e-ticket issues? I have probably attended 60 games with multiple e-tickets per game, and never, not once, has there been an issue. I would never want a paper ticket or prefer to bring or use cash at a game.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 7:56 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
What are the e-ticket issues? I have probably attended 60 games with multiple e-tickets per game, and never, not once, has there been an issue. I would never want a paper ticket or prefer to bring or use cash at a game.

I assume he has a flip phone or something...that would be something that would cause issues with an e-ticket.

Paper tickets definitely have their advantages. No worrying about screen brightness when trying to get scanned, not absolutely draining my battery on my phone every time I have to show it, and way easier to just having a piece of paper to pull out of my pocket for the usher. I hate being asked for it, getting my phone out, unlocking it, bringing up the app/picture, and then showing them. It slows things down so much at times when everyone has to fumble with their phone.

Though it is a lot nicer now that I found out if I add the ticket to the 'apple wallet' on my phone it will keep it on my phones lock screen. Then you can have it bring up the ticket right away when you unlock the phone.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 8:06 AM Post
The Cubs haven't allowed printing tickets at home for several years. I believe the Cubs are going to self scanning of e-tickets now too. I'm curious to see how that works as I have e-tickets to the game on the 7th.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 8:14 AM Post
Global Moderator
Will they accept cryptocurrency? Half kidding so half in blue.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 8:17 AM Post
It's been a while since I've attended a game, how does the "no cash" thing work with beer, hot dog, etc. vendors that walk the rows/sections?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 8:21 AM Post
even if you go to the box office you will still be issues an e-ticket. i really don't care either way. I would hope that if something truely special happens the brewers would offer a copy of a paper ticket at a later date (no hitter, etc)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 8:28 AM Post
Global Moderator
patrickgpe said:
even if you go to the box office you will still be issues an e-ticket. i really don't care either way. I would hope that if something truely special happens the brewers would offer a copy of a paper ticket at a later date (no hitter, etc)

They'll probably sell the e-ticket as an NFT

[laughing]

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 8:44 AM Post
SeaBass said:
It's been a while since I've attended a game, how does the "no cash" thing work with beer, hot dog, etc. vendors that walk the rows/sections?

They are encouraging ordering those items through the app. Over time, I'd guess those vendors will disappear and it will just be someone runners taking things to sections all the time. In the mean time they probably will do card readers on lanyards like the waitstaff in club.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 9:07 AM Post
The scanning of e-tickets is much slower than the paper tickets, especially when you have a large crowd. I'm sure we'll get quicker at it as we go, but people have dead batteries, forget their password to the app, etc. I found the easiest way for me is to take a screen shot of my ticket and just bring them up on my camera. Knowing how my senior citizen relatives struggle with many day-to-day uses of technology, this could be a problem for a many of them. Other sports (Bucks, etc.) have been doing this, but not sure how many of them get as large of a senior citizen attendance. Those mid-week day game crowds could be interesting.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 9:07 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
Jimbo said:

I don't think that is going to be the case, it sounds like the only method will be e-tickets. I think even at the box office you would have an e-ticket sent to you.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 9:12 AM Post
If months of advance notice on a ticketing policy that's already been in place for years is that big of a problem, I tend to side with user error and competence being the issue. I can't even imagine the issues that would come up if I had a phone that can't be scanned at this point.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 9:38 AM Post
wildcat83 said:
MrTPlush said:
Jimbo said:

I don't think that is going to be the case, it sounds like the only method will be e-tickets. I think even at the box office you would have an e-ticket sent to you.

From the Brewers site:

“I don’t have a mobile phone. How can I get my ticket?”

If you are unable to utilize digital tickets, please visit the Brewers Ticket Office for assistance

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 9:43 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
If months of advance notice on a ticketing policy that's already been in place for years is that big of a problem, I tend to side with user error and competence being the issue. I can't even imagine the issues that would come up if I had a phone that can't be scanned at this point.

You know not everyone is like you (or most people) and not everyone has a smart phone. Maybe they can’t afford a smart phone or maybe they have no use for one so they don’t spend hundreds a year just to have one.

I can’t imagine not having a smart phone and being able to use e-tickets...but I’m one blob of millions in this country, not all of us blobs are the same.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 9:48 AM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
It's a good opportunity to test these changes with a small crowd.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: March 26, 2021, 9:54 AM Post
MrTPlush said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:

You know not everyone is like you (or most people) and not everyone has a smart phone. Maybe they can’t afford a smart phone or maybe they have no use for one so they don’t spend hundreds a year just to have one.

I can’t imagine not having a smart phone and being able to use e-tickets...but I’m one blob of millions in this country, not all of us blobs are the same.

Bolded part is unnecessary snark but anyway...this person without a smart phone is going to games by themselves, or in a group where no one has a smart phone and has NO means of getting in the building with an e-ticket and despite knowing this is the policy for months in advance and that the team's (and all live events) been trending this way for years?

It's on them at this point...and FWIW...you don't need to spend hundreds on them, I don't. Gobs of used phones for sale in a million places and discount plans...or, even more simply, a friend with a phone.

I have a hard time believing this person even exists in any significant number this season with all the hoops you'd have to go through to just to get a ticket and be aware of pods, masking, etc.

All that said, if you walk up to the window I am betting they don't tell you that you're out of luck.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next  [ 153 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply