LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 153 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?

Author Message
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 29, 2021, 1:14 PM Post
Posts: 2337
Parking is still questionable to me.... will that be cashless too? If so, fine. Paying with a card seems like something they should have done 10 years ago.

Yet, if people have to pay just thru the app, I don’t know. It seems problematic. Many will be looking to buy while in line or worse when driving to the stadium. Wouldn’t card be way more convenient for parking than forcing all to jump thru the same hoop? I mean, once you are in the parking lot, who cares.....you are in and don’t need much else. It’s like using a map of your house plan on your phone to see where your bathroom is so you can brush your teeth. It’s cool and all, but it’s not needed and lengthens the process.

Can’t find info on the parking specifics... hopefully someone else has seen something.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 29, 2021, 1:27 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 10653
There is no way that some people fumbling through the app can take longer than the old way of many/most people paying with cash. Absolutely no way.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 29, 2021, 2:35 PM Post
Posts: 2337
PeaveyFury said:
There is no way that some people fumbling through the app can take longer than the old way of many/most people paying with cash. Absolutely no way.


Disagree..... although getting change for a twenty seemed to take a crazy amount of time for some of the parking attendants. You have a valid point.

To answer my own question here.... Brewers website says that parking on day of game will be by credit card or app only... no cash.

If paying by card in the parking lot on day of game, the rates are....
General- weekdays $15, weekends and Cubs-$20
Preferred- weekdays $25, weekends and Cubs- $30

If paying advanced thru app, the rates are....
Advanced General with fees...$14/$15
Advanced Preferred with fees....$19/$21

https://www.mlb.com/brewers/ballpark/information/guide


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 29, 2021, 2:48 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 8226
PeaveyFury said:
There is no way that some people fumbling through the app can take longer than the old way of many/most people paying with cash. Absolutely no way.



The amount of attendants they had/have that couldn't make change or fumbled and wrestled with bills was astounding to me. You have one job....

I also think if they're going to have people pay using the app, it would be eminently helpful to have a LOT of signs up in and through the lines leading up to the attendants telling people to have their phones out and ready (this really actually probably won't help, lol) with their bar code or whatever they plan on using, but people are just gonna people and probably this won't save any time.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 29, 2021, 3:09 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 10653
rickh150 said:
PeaveyFury said:
There is no way that some people fumbling through the app can take longer than the old way of many/most people paying with cash. Absolutely no way.


Disagree..... although getting change for a twenty seemed to take a crazy amount of time for some of the parking attendants. You have a valid point.


If you mean for this initial rollout period, I'd agree that it'll take longer since people don't know the deal. But, all the more reason to do it in a limited capacity setting. Each batch of fans can learn the new process without it being a 'parking lots overflowing'-type situation, making full capacity that much smoother.

But after the initial rollout, it'll be much faster. No cash exchange with change, etc. And those that fumble around with the app when they get to the parking attendant at that point are probably the same people that don't start looking for their wallet until they're at the attendant either...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 29, 2021, 3:52 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 15818
Location: Milwaukee, WI
I’d be interested in knowing of the percentage of stadiums that use cash.

"I'm not as good as I was but in big moments I'm still the guy. I want that opportunity." -Ryan Braun


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 29, 2021, 5:00 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1752
rickh150 said:
Parking is still questionable to me.... will that be cashless too? If so, fine. Paying with a card seems like something they should have done 10 years ago.

Yet, if people have to pay just thru the app, I don’t know. It seems problematic. Many will be looking to buy while in line or worse when driving to the stadium. Wouldn’t card be way more convenient for parking than forcing all to jump thru the same hoop? I mean, once you are in the parking lot, who cares.....you are in and don’t need much else. It’s like using a map of your house plan on your phone to see where your bathroom is so you can brush your teeth. It’s cool and all, but it’s not needed and lengthens the process.

Can’t find info on the parking specifics... hopefully someone else has seen something.


From what I’ve seen, yes, parking will be cashless. Basically everything on the Brewers property will require payment via credit/debit card or phone pay options. For those that don’t have any non-cash options there will be machines to put cash in and they’ll spit out a pre-paid card. I think there will only be three of these machines in the stadium, so good luck finding them.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 29, 2021, 5:24 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1435
Location: bush Alaska
mtrebs said:
rickh150 said:
Parking is still questionable to me.... will that be cashless too? If so, fine. Paying with a card seems like something they should have done 10 years ago.

Yet, if people have to pay just thru the app, I don’t know. It seems problematic. Many will be looking to buy while in line or worse when driving to the stadium. Wouldn’t card be way more convenient for parking than forcing all to jump thru the same hoop? I mean, once you are in the parking lot, who cares.....you are in and don’t need much else. It’s like using a map of your house plan on your phone to see where your bathroom is so you can brush your teeth. It’s cool and all, but it’s not needed and lengthens the process.

Can’t find info on the parking specifics... hopefully someone else has seen something.


From what I’ve seen, yes, parking will be cashless. Basically everything on the Brewers property will require payment via credit/debit card or phone pay options. For those that don’t have any non-cash options there will be machines to put cash in and they’ll spit out a pre-paid card. I think there will only be three of these machines in the stadium, so good luck finding them.


I had considered making a joke about how they'll need to have the reverse ATM machines you've described, and then considered the fact that it's probably likely. What a weird time to be alive.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 29, 2021, 5:43 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1547
Location: Baltimore, MD
PeaveyFury said:
And those that fumble around with the app when they get to the parking attendant at that point are probably the same people that don't start looking for their wallet until they're at the attendant either...

I can't agree with this. The time to find your wallet is the same as to find your phone and then after that it's: grab cash vs. unlock phone + wait for phone to load + find app + wait for app to load + find ticket in app... not to mention hope your internet is good + hope your phone hasn't died + hope you haven't been logged out of the app for some reason, etc... and a lot of that happens even if you do have your phone ready and it just enters the lock screen on you while you're pulling up to the parking attendant. I think you'll have more people that won't have the right screen on their phone ready to go and there's a lot more going on that can make it take longer than simply paying with cash or showing some sort of printed ticket.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 29, 2021, 7:04 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 10653
MrAllen said:
PeaveyFury said:
And those that fumble around with the app when they get to the parking attendant at that point are probably the same people that don't start looking for their wallet until they're at the attendant either...

I can't agree with this. The time to find your wallet is the same as to find your phone and then after that it's: grab cash vs. unlock phone + wait for phone to load + find app + wait for app to load + find ticket in app... not to mention hope your internet is good + hope your phone hasn't died + hope you haven't been logged out of the app for some reason, etc....


Fair point, though I think you're seriously discounting the size of my mother in law's purse and her ability to find anything in it.

Obviously, there will be those that are completely unable to deal with the change. But I'm betting that on the whole, the time to get a lot parked and people through parking lines will be shorter. I'd assume the Brewers have done some analysis on that as well that comes to that conclusion.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 29, 2021, 7:26 PM Post
Posts: 14522
AKCheesehead said:

I had considered making a joke about how they'll need to have the reverse ATM machines you've described, and then considered the fact that it's probably likely. What a weird time to be alive.


They have already announced it will be a thing.

So now instead of catching COVID giving money to a cashier everyone will pile into a line and touch an ATM type machine in even more concentrated fashion. Though maybe they will employ someone to sit their and spray the machine every 5 seconds to make it look like something effective is actually being done in all of this.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 29, 2021, 7:41 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 10653
MrTPlush said:
AKCheesehead said:

I had considered making a joke about how they'll need to have the reverse ATM machines you've described, and then considered the fact that it's probably likely. What a weird time to be alive.


They have already announced it will be a thing.

So now instead of catching COVID giving money to a cashier everyone will pile into a line and touch an ATM type machine in even more concentrated fashion.


Why would that line be any different than the actual concession line?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 29, 2021, 7:58 PM Post
Posts: 14522
PeaveyFury said:
MrTPlush said:
AKCheesehead said:

I had considered making a joke about how they'll need to have the reverse ATM machines you've described, and then considered the fact that it's probably likely. What a weird time to be alive.


They have already announced it will be a thing.

So now instead of catching COVID giving money to a cashier everyone will pile into a line and touch an ATM type machine in even more concentrated fashion.


Why would that line be any different than the actual concession line?


Because you now have everyone going through two lines just to make their one transaction. I am sure it is just another dumb thing the city required to make things work. I suppose you may protect the food workers minimally, but probably not that much more by banning money.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 29, 2021, 8:07 PM Post
Posts: 2337
MrAllen said:
PeaveyFury said:
And those that fumble around with the app when they get to the parking attendant at that point are probably the same people that don't start looking for their wallet until they're at the attendant either...

I can't agree with this. The time to find your wallet is the same as to find your phone and then after that it's: grab cash vs. unlock phone + wait for phone to load + find app + wait for app to load + find ticket in app... not to mention hope your internet is good + hope your phone hasn't died + hope you haven't been logged out of the app for some reason, etc... and a lot of that happens even if you do have your phone ready and it just enters the lock screen on you while you're pulling up to the parking attendant. I think you'll have more people that won't have the right screen on their phone ready to go and there's a lot more going on that can make it take longer than simply paying with cash or showing some sort of printed ticket.


All this and then some...... You are driving is another key point. Am I really expected to be on my phone doing all this while stopping, driving, stopping, driving forward a few feet? Is it even legal? Card, cash, or app for parking seems way better. Time is of the essence in a parking lot line. We’ve all been there. Do what is easiest and quickest for you.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 29, 2021, 9:11 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1389
MrTPlush said:
Because you now have everyone going through two lines just to make their one transaction. I am sure it is just another dumb thing the city required to make things work. I suppose you may protect the food workers minimally, but probably not that much more by banning money.


You greatly overestimate the amount of people that are going to need to use this. What adult doesn't have a credit or debit card in 2021? I'm guessing the amount of people who need to get a prepaid card per game you can count on one hand.

rickh150 said:
All this and then some...... You are driving is another key point. Am I really expected to be on my phone doing all this while stopping, driving, stopping, driving forward a few feet? Is it even legal? Card, cash, or app for parking seems way better. Time is of the essence in a parking lot line. We’ve all been there. Do what is easiest and quickest for you.


Due to the fact all tickets are being sold in pods there's not a single person going to a game by themselves. There's no reason a passenger can't get the parking pass ready while in line.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 29, 2021, 10:26 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 10653
Vgmastr said:
There's no reason a passenger can't get the parking pass ready while in line.


Yep. And the parking lines don't move that fast. You're often stopped for long enough to open an app. It's probably no more risky than someone digging out their wallet while going through the same line and getting bills out.

I understand that people are resistant to change, but this concern is a stretch, IMO.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 30, 2021, 12:06 AM Post
Posts: 5780
OldSchoolSnapper said:
If months of advance notice on a ticketing policy that's already been in place for years is that big of a problem, I tend to side with user error and competence being the issue. I can't even imagine the issues that would come up if I had a phone that can't be scanned at this point.


Ok...but here's the issue, how many people have cracked screens on phones they're still using until they can afford to replace it? How often do phones go dead, people lose them...etc, etc...

I'm constantly having problems with my phones.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 30, 2021, 12:18 AM Post
Posts: 5780
MrTPlush said:
AKCheesehead said:

I had considered making a joke about how they'll need to have the reverse ATM machines you've described, and then considered the fact that it's probably likely. What a weird time to be alive.


They have already announced it will be a thing.

So now instead of catching COVID giving money to a cashier everyone will pile into a line and touch an ATM type machine in even more concentrated fashion. Though maybe they will employ someone to sit their and spray the machine every 5 seconds to make it look like something effective is actually being done in all of this.


Ok...in one breath you inferred it would be more dangerous to have people pilling into the same line to make one transaction, and then you say they would only have someone cleaning it constantly to "make it look like something effective is actually being done."

Those two seem to be at odds. If it's more dangerous...then having someone cleaning it would seem to solve that issue.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 30, 2021, 5:07 AM Post
Posts: 14522
HiAndTight said:
Ok...in one breath you inferred it would be more dangerous to have people pilling into the same line to make one transaction, and then you say they would only have someone cleaning it constantly to "make it look like something effective is actually being done."

Those two seem to be at odds. If it's more dangerous...then having someone cleaning it would seem to solve that issue.


It’s a joke, don’t take it so seriously.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: No Cash, No Paper Tickets, No Carry-ins..... No Problems?
Posted: March 30, 2021, 5:56 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1389
HiAndTight said:
OldSchoolSnapper said:
If months of advance notice on a ticketing policy that's already been in place for years is that big of a problem, I tend to side with user error and competence being the issue. I can't even imagine the issues that would come up if I had a phone that can't be scanned at this point.


Ok...but here's the issue, how many people have cracked screens on phones they're still using until they can afford to replace it? How often do phones go dead, people lose them...etc, etc...

I'm constantly having problems with my phones.


Do you really think more people lose their phones then would lose paper tickets? If, by some chance, you lose your phone or it doesn't work you can just login to your account on your friend's/spouse's phone. Someone in your group is bound to have a working phone. Most new cars nowadays have a USB plug built in so it's easy to keep your phone charged right up until you get to the stadium.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 153 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ewitkows and 18 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test