LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next  [ 163 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Stearns mentioned for Met's Presidents job

Offline  Re: Stearns mentioned for Met's Presidents job

Posted: October 10, 2021, 4:35 AM Post
If Stearns really wants to leave you have to let him go I think. I don't think you let an executive play out a lame duck contract the way you would a player, it doesn't work that way. If Stearns wants to go you try to exchange him for something useful and give the team over to Arnold, if he wants to stay you extend him and probably lose Arnold at some point. I'm sure these conversations will happen soon once the offseason begins.

How the Brewers are managed is impressive enough to me that it can't all be the one guy at the top, I think the team will still be fine.

advocates for the devil

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 12, 2021, 7:36 PM Post
Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman
·
6m
The Mets planned to ask permission to interview Brewers baseball president David Stearns once they were out, so that may come any day. Although, it would be a surprise if Milwaukee OK’ed it. Stearns has only 1 year to go on deal but the Cree surely would like to extend him.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Stearns mentioned for Met's Presidents job

Posted: October 12, 2021, 8:13 PM Post
The big thing with this is:

After we deny the Mets they will go a different direction signing someone else. Thus Stearns (if he would even have interest) won’t have that option next offseason. Increases the odds he just resigns with us and calls it a day.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 12, 2021, 8:18 PM Post
I'm ready for him to go...bring in someone else that is willing to be aggressive and do whatever it takes to get this team further than just "in the playoffs".

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 12, 2021, 8:22 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
I'm ready for him to go...bring in someone else that is willing to be aggressive and do whatever it takes to get this team further than just "in the playoffs".

lol, ok. Maybe Sal Bando is available.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 12, 2021, 8:23 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:

I'm pretty new to the board so will defer to other posters...but I have to imagine this is up there with one of the worst hot takes ever seen around here.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 12, 2021, 8:29 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:

[laughing] [laughing] [laughing]

I needed a good laugh, thank you

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 12, 2021, 8:35 PM Post
roadcrew3 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

I'm pretty new to the board so will defer to other posters...but I have to imagine this is up there with one of the worst hot takes ever seen around here.

By all means then, keep being satisfied with just "playoff appearances" under Stearns. The bottom line is this...he keeps doing the same thing over and over again and expects different results. As I have said...when you shop at Walmart in the off season(as DS typically does), you're going to get Walmart quality, to expect anything else is fool hardy. For some reason, he doesn't seem to understand that, and every year he keeps doing it, is another year the window gets smaller with the three stud arms.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 12, 2021, 8:48 PM Post
DoubleSwitch said:
If Stearns really wants to leave you have to let him go I think. I don't think you let an executive play out a lame duck contract the way you would a player, it doesn't work that way. If Stearns wants to go you try to exchange him for something useful and give the team over to Arnold, if he wants to stay you extend him and probably lose Arnold at some point. I'm sure these conversations will happen soon once the offseason begins.

How the Brewers are managed is impressive enough to me that it can't all be the one guy at the top, I think the team will still be fine.

If he really wants to leave you agree to grant the Mets permission to talk with him in exchange for trading Yelich and JBJ for JD Davis and Brandon Nimmo.

A bit facetious, but I do think they can leverage that situation and solve some of their offensive and salary problems.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 12, 2021, 9:05 PM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
roadcrew3 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

By all means then, keep being satisfied with just "playoff appearances" under Stearns. The bottom line is this...he keeps doing the same thing over and over again and expects different results. As I have said...when you shop at Walmart in the off season(as DS typically does), you're going to get Walmart quality, to expect anything else is fool hardy. For some reason, he doesn't seem to understand that, and every year he keeps doing it, is another year the window gets smaller with the three stud arms.

Be mad at the owner not the GM. He can only spend what he is allowed to spend.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2021, 5:43 AM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:

I see the prince of Brewerfan.net hot takes is at it again [laughing]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2021, 6:11 AM Post
Ron Robinson's Beard said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

I, as a Brewer fan am NOT happy with only making the playoffs, you are, I read your posts all the time and you're giddyness at how things are with just making the playoffs etc etc. It's your choice to feel that way it's also your choice to be satisfied and downright happy with the season they just had(you 100% are). I won't begrudge you that, you do you man, but some of us aren't satisfied with the way it's been the last 4 years and want more, and think it's long past time to have more with the pitching they have.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2021, 6:12 AM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

I, as a Brewer fan am NOT happy with only making the playoffs, you are, I read your posts all the time and you're giddyness at how things are with just making the playoffs etc etc. It's your choice to feel that way it's also your choice to be satisfied and downright happy with the season they just had(you 100% are). I won't begrudge you that, you do you man, but some of us aren't satisfied with the way it's been the last 4 years and want more, and think it's long past time to have more with the pitching they have.

As you saw above, I was far from the only one who found your take completely laughable. Perhaps that should tell you something.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2021, 6:19 AM Post
As you saw above, I was far from the only one who found your take completely laughable. Perhaps that should tell you something.[/quote][/quote]

It tells me that the Brewer fan base consist of small time thinkers and being completely satisfied with what they get, and 100% eat up the line about "the payroll" BS that is constantly touted. Such guillable fans. But hey, get excited about the offseason when they sign a low impact bat(s) again, like you always do and go on and on about how great it will be and what a great signing it is/was...If I didn't know any better I'd think you worked for the Brewers as much as you constantly drink the kool aid. Everyone gets a trophy in your world Ron. Admit it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2021, 6:23 AM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
It tells me that the Brewer fan base consist of small time thinkers and being completely satisfied with what they get, and 100% eat up the line about "the payroll" BS that is constantly touted. Such guillable fans. But hey, get excited about the offseason when they sign a low impact bat(s) again, like you always do and go on and on about how great it will be and what a great signing it is/was...If I didn't know any better I'd think you worked for the Brewers as much as you constantly drink the kool aid. Everyone gets a trophy in your world Ron. Admit it.

Sure. A bunch of rational baseball fans are wrong. You are right. Carry on.

That was also a completely mature way to react on being called out on a hot take, too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2021, 6:27 AM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:

That was also a completely mature way to react on being called out on a hot take, too.

You keep dodging the fact that you KNOW I'm right at how satisfied you are etc. It's pathetic small time thinking. You aren't rational...you drink the kool aid period. You buy into whatever Stearns/Mark A tell you. They can spend more in FA, 100% guaranteed they can, but because they tell you they can't it's "oh ok". What a world.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2021, 6:28 AM Post
Their biggest expenditures have mostly been disasters.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2021, 6:29 AM Post
Brewcrewin07 said:
Brewcrewin07 said:

You keep dodging the fact that you KNOW I'm right at how satisfied you are etc. It's pathetic small time thinking. You aren't rational...you drink the kool aid period. You buy into whatever Stearns/Mark A tell you. They can spend more in FA, 100% guaranteed they can, but because they tell you they can't it's "oh ok". What a world.

Also a completely rational response. You really showed me [rolling eyes]

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Stearns mentioned for Met's Presidents job

Posted: October 13, 2021, 6:29 AM Post
Global Moderator
Stearns, like every executive, has a budget. wanting him to run in the red so you can get what you want is a pipe dream. mark a didn't buy the team to lose money. even for a year. being angry about it won't make it a reality. calling people names won't either.

Lets knock it off with the childish insults and name calling, for crying out loud. everyone.....

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 13, 2021, 6:31 AM Post
OldSchoolSnapper said:
Their biggest expenditures have mostly been disasters.

Yeah, the Brewers' problem is not that they don't spend enough money. It's that when they've spent big money, they're spending it on the wrong people.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next  [ 163 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply