LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


  
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 23 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD

Author Message
Offline  2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#1

Posted: October 15, 2021, 12:52 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3305
off-season has officially started for Milwaukee, and I am OFFICIALLY PUMPED FOR NEXT SEASON! NO REST FOR THE OPTIMIST!

Rotation? CHECK.
Bullpen? DOUBLE CHECK.
Infield? TRIPLE CHECK.

Could they use some help in the outfield and DH? SURE!

OH DH YOU SAY? YEAH THATS GOING TO HAPPEN!

I have no reason to not believe Stearns and Co. will make some moves!

LETS GO BREWERS!!!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.


Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#2

Posted: October 15, 2021, 1:17 PM Post
Posts: 188
I’m sure there will be moves. I think we need help in the pen. Traded some good guys and a couple of free agents but DS seems to find help. I think Garcia is gone and maybe JBJ or Cain. Should be an interesting off-season. I know this year ended poorly but have a lot of reasons to be excited for next year.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#3

Posted: October 15, 2021, 3:25 PM Post
Posts: 4805
I think if people are expecting a lot of moves this off season they'll be disappointed. That's not a bad thing. After all when a team is as good as we were and have most of it's players coming back there isn't much that needs to be done. There will be tweeks. There will be some additions and perhaps a surprise non tender or two but, for the most part, this team is already good to go.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#4

Posted: October 15, 2021, 5:09 PM Post
Posts: 1146
A new hitting coach will take this team to a new level! Haines had the amazing honor of making every offensive player besides Urias and Adames worse. Improvements aplenty!


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#5

Posted: October 16, 2021, 9:39 AM Post
Posts: 4805
ThisIsMyCrew said:
A new hitting coach will take this team to a new level! Haines had the amazing honor of making every offensive player besides Urias and Adames worse. Improvements aplenty!


Going by OPS+ Kolten Wong, Omar Narváez, Avisaíl García, Lorenzo Cain, Rowdy Tellez, Manny Piña, Jace Peterson and Daniel Vogelbach all had similar years as their career norms this season. Some a little better, some a little worse but all were within the range one would expect given their career trajectory so far.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#6

Posted: October 16, 2021, 11:30 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2844
Location: N. Fort Myers, FL
Soupbone said:
I’m sure there will be moves. I think we need help in the pen. Traded some good guys and a couple of free agents but DS seems to find help. I think Garcia is gone and maybe JBJ or Cain. Should be an interesting off-season. I know this year ended poorly but have a lot of reasons to be excited for next year.


How do we move JBJ with that salary?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#7

Posted: October 16, 2021, 11:53 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 10148
Pugger said:
Soupbone said:
I’m sure there will be moves. I think we need help in the pen. Traded some good guys and a couple of free agents but DS seems to find help. I think Garcia is gone and maybe JBJ or Cain. Should be an interesting off-season. I know this year ended poorly but have a lot of reasons to be excited for next year.


How do we move JBJ with that salary?


this is the optimism thread! [laughing] I THIS thread there's always a way.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#8

Posted: October 16, 2021, 12:10 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 4430
With all the deferrals JBJ is only getting paid 3.666 million in 2022, that shouldn't hinder the Brewers too much in their offseason pursuits.

Offseason should be pretty straight forward. Get a couple two tree bats for the RF/1B/DH (hopefully) mix. I'm optimistic Stearns & company will figure out a way to get something interesting done.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#9

Posted: October 16, 2021, 12:40 PM Post
Posts: 12895
Pugger said:
Soupbone said:
I’m sure there will be moves. I think we need help in the pen. Traded some good guys and a couple of free agents but DS seems to find help. I think Garcia is gone and maybe JBJ or Cain. Should be an interesting off-season. I know this year ended poorly but have a lot of reasons to be excited for next year.


How do we move JBJ with that salary?


I'm optimistic they can afford to eat his salary and simply let him go. They did it for Suppan way back when.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#10

Posted: October 17, 2021, 11:09 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2730
I am optimistic this off-season will be a fun one for us.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#11

Posted: October 17, 2021, 11:42 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4012
I don't see how you couldn't be optimistic. The thing that made us good in 2021 was our starting pitching and back-end bullpen, and all of those key players (Burnes/Woodruff/Peralta/Lauer/Houser/Ashby/Hader/Williams) are coming back while still in the prime. We will be coming into 2022 with likely a top 5 pitching staff.

Meanwhile, it would be difficult for the offense to not be better in 2021. Yelich is still capable of turning back into an MVP-caliber player. JBJ will almost surely have a bounce back season (and believe it or not he is actually capable of All Star performance). A full season of Adames, who is an All Star level performer. Hiura (who was supposed to be our second best offensive contributor this season....) perhaps not totally useless? Urias quietly one of the best super-utility guys in the major leagues.

I just hope they get serious about 1B/3B and bring in a decent offensive contributor there. No reason to get cheap while we still have Burnes/Woodruff/Peralta in their prime.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#12

Posted: October 17, 2021, 1:00 PM Post
Posts: 16246
Stearns is going to make his biggest and most exciting trade since Yelich. Pretty confident.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#13

Posted: October 17, 2021, 2:33 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 13540
MrTPlush said:
Stearns is going to make his biggest and most exciting trade since Yelich. Pretty confident.


I agree, and I haver a sneaky suspicion it might involve Urias and or Hader if we get a big bat 3B.

I'm content with Urias as our opening day 3B to be honest, but we really need a power hitting, consistent 1B and RF.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#14

Posted: October 17, 2021, 6:22 PM Post
Posts: 3081
Very optimistic about Ashby, Small, and our pitching in general.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#15

Posted: October 18, 2021, 9:29 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 3305
RoCoBrewfan said:
Pugger said:
Soupbone said:
I’m sure there will be moves. I think we need help in the pen. Traded some good guys and a couple of free agents but DS seems to find help. I think Garcia is gone and maybe JBJ or Cain. Should be an interesting off-season. I know this year ended poorly but have a lot of reasons to be excited for next year.


How do we move JBJ with that salary?


this is the optimism thread! [laughing] In THIS thread there's always a way.


EXACTLY!

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.


Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#16

Posted: October 18, 2021, 10:49 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2050
Here is my optimism: JBJ is going to decline his option, take the $6.5 million, and hope for a rebound back in the AL to get a bigger payday next year.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#17

Posted: October 18, 2021, 11:40 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 7991
This is a good team.

- Rotation of Burnes, Woodruff, Peralta, Houser, Lauer and Ashby is really nice. Small can be integrated in as well. This is such a great asset.
- Hader and Williams are great. Need to find a couple of reliable guys to go with Cousins and Suter. But the nice thing about the bullpen is you can retool on the fly.
- Adames, Wong, Urias and Rowdy should be good for the IF. And if we can resign Pina to go with Narvaez - catcher is set.
- Cain was a very effective player when healthy (big caveat at this age). So I'm good with him in center.
- You have to count (hope) on Yelich to rebound - to some extent. A player like him just doesn't fall off a cliff at age 28. So we just have to count on him being healthy and working on things to get back to being a quality player.
- Taylor had a nice season. If we don't bring back Avi, I think he can be a solid replacement.
- Minor league bats - poised to help in the majors - have been lacking. Another year of experience for Turang, Mitchell, Frelick and others should help tremendously.

As I said, even losing Avi, I think this is a good team. The offense needs Yelich to rebound - which I think it can do. And having Adames a full year will be great. Plus, I think Urias can improve at the plate as well.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#18

Posted: October 18, 2021, 12:00 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 13540
reillymcshane said:
This is a good team.

- Rotation of Burnes, Woodruff, Peralta, Houser, Lauer and Ashby is really nice. Small can be integrated in as well. This is such a great asset.
- Hader and Williams are great. Need to find a couple of reliable guys to go with Cousins and Suter. But the nice thing about the bullpen is you can retool on the fly.
- Adames, Wong, Urias and Rowdy should be good for the IF. And if we can resign Pina to go with Narvaez - catcher is set.
- Cain was a very effective player when healthy (big caveat at this age). So I'm good with him in center.
- You have to count (hope) on Yelich to rebound - to some extent. A player like him just doesn't fall off a cliff at age 28. So we just have to count on him being healthy and working on things to get back to being a quality player.
- Taylor had a nice season. If we don't bring back Avi, I think he can be a solid replacement.
- Minor league bats - poised to help in the majors - have been lacking. Another year of experience for Turang, Mitchell, Frelick and others should help tremendously.

As I said, even losing Avi, I think this is a good team. The offense needs Yelich to rebound - which I think it can do. And having Adames a full year will be great. Plus, I think Urias can improve at the plate as well.


Don't forget about Keston, I refuse to believe the kid is done!

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#19

Posted: October 18, 2021, 8:48 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 10725
We need to retool the offense and Haines needs to go


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2021-22 OFFSEASON OPTIMISM THREAD
#20

Posted: October 18, 2021, 9:03 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 7991
turborickey said:
reillymcshane said:
This is a good team.

- Rotation of Burnes, Woodruff, Peralta, Houser, Lauer and Ashby is really nice. Small can be integrated in as well. This is such a great asset.
- Hader and Williams are great. Need to find a couple of reliable guys to go with Cousins and Suter. But the nice thing about the bullpen is you can retool on the fly.
- Adames, Wong, Urias and Rowdy should be good for the IF. And if we can resign Pina to go with Narvaez - catcher is set.
- Cain was a very effective player when healthy (big caveat at this age). So I'm good with him in center.
- You have to count (hope) on Yelich to rebound - to some extent. A player like him just doesn't fall off a cliff at age 28. So we just have to count on him being healthy and working on things to get back to being a quality player.
- Taylor had a nice season. If we don't bring back Avi, I think he can be a solid replacement.
- Minor league bats - poised to help in the majors - have been lacking. Another year of experience for Turang, Mitchell, Frelick and others should help tremendously.

As I said, even losing Avi, I think this is a good team. The offense needs Yelich to rebound - which I think it can do. And having Adames a full year will be great. Plus, I think Urias can improve at the plate as well.


Don't forget about Keston, I refuse to believe the kid is done!

Keston has a world of talent. Too much talent. I hope we unlock it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page 1, 2  Next  [ 23 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 82brewcrew82, Machu Peach, MVP2110, turborickey, wOOgiE22 and 7 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test