LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 2 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Props for J.J. from Baseball Prospectus

Offline  Props for J.J. from Baseball Prospectus

Posted: July 12, 2007, 2:58 AM Post
There's an article in baseball prospectus about J.J. and his rise to the majors.

It starts with the comment/question: "Hardy has more than doubled his career home run total with 18 shots so far this season, surprising many fans and analysts, but should it?"

What's interesting is that it seems like whereever J.J. goes, he struggles a bit at first, and then finds a way to adjust and often proves naysayers wrong. His defense and grace have long since garnered the praise of scouts and publications like Baseball America, and many of his stats have made fans out of Baseball Prospectus and other assorted statheads.

Anyway, sorry to not just put this in the running article tracker, but I wanted to make sure people who might not visit the article tracker all that frequently noticed it and got a chance to read it while baseball prospectus is having their free preview week (until July 15th). After Sunday it's paid subscribers only.

Offline  Props for J.J. from Baseball Prospectus

Posted: July 12, 2007, 3:19 AM Post

Usability Director
Board Administrator
Tell ya what I'll do to cover all angles: I'll lock this thread, put the link in the article tracker, and pin this thread for a day or so so it won't get bumped down.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.
-- Sigmund Snopek

[ 2 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply