LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 14 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

MLB.TV

Offline  MLB.TV

Posted: June 27, 2007, 4:52 AM Post
Since I live in the area, it says that Brewers games are subject to blackout on MLB.TV. I was thinking about buying it so I could watch the Brewers games that were not being televised already. I thought maybe they only black out games that are being televised in the area already, but does anyone know for sure?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  MLB.TV

Posted: June 27, 2007, 5:07 AM Post
Global Moderator
They black out all Brewers games for 24 hours whether FSN-WI bothers to show it or not. Unless you have a way to mask your IP address to another zip code (hint, hint) it is not a good way to watch live. I like to watch yesterday's game and to watch condenced games, so I buy it.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder
EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  MLB.TV

Posted: June 27, 2007, 9:57 AM Post
Quote:
They black out all Brewers games for 24 hours whether FSN-WI bothers to show it or not.

I think it used to be 24 hours, but this year I've been able to get games only a hour or so after the fact. Right this minute (5:54pm) I'm watching todays game on MLB.tv already.

20Fry : April 2006 - March 2012

Quote   Reply 
Offline  MLB.TV

Posted: June 27, 2007, 12:44 PM Post
I live in Los Angeles and the past 3 games were blacked out on mlb.tv.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  MLB.TV

Posted: June 27, 2007, 3:12 PM Post
I was blacked out when I was in Vegas a couple weeks ago.

Let me rephrase.

The Brewers were blacked out when I was in Vegas a couple weeks ago and tried to watch them on MLB.tv.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  MLB.TV

Posted: June 27, 2007, 3:18 PM Post
The blackout zip codes that MLB uses is crazy....In Iowa, they blackout the Brewers, Cubs, White Sox, Royals, Twins and Cardinals....They treat all 6 teams as home teams, yet you can only get one team on cable channels as a home team...To me it is crazy that Iowa has any games blacked out because there is no home team.

I now live in Nebraska and there is one zip code that is blacked out for the Brewers that is in Omaha 68120....the Zip code that i have is not, so I have MLB.TV. Why would Milwaukee be considered a home team for anybody that lives in Nebraska, it is not like you can watch them on TV at all...

They need to look at the zip codes that they use for Blackouts.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  MLB.TV

Posted: June 27, 2007, 4:12 PM Post
I live in Seattle and only three Brewer's games have been blacked out so far..

Quote   Reply 
Offline  MLB.TV

Posted: June 27, 2007, 9:57 PM Post
MLB.TV is a necessity to me as it's the only way I get to watch Brewers games, plus I'm not subjected to blackout for any MLB game. The product quality has improved tremendously compared to when it first started, and so far it has kept me satisfied.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  MLB.TV

Posted: June 28, 2007, 6:21 AM Post
Global Moderator
If the game is televised nationally, it is blacked out everywhere. That is why you had 3 blackouts in Seattle I bet. But my IP address is Dresden Germany, so I have no black outs.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder
EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  MLB.TV

Posted: June 28, 2007, 6:38 AM Post
does anyone know how to mask your IP address to make it look like its coming from somewhere else?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  MLB.TV

Posted: June 28, 2007, 7:12 AM Post
Proxy server sites are your friends. Make sure it's a different country than the one your in (and that it actually works) and that the lag isint bad.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  MLB.TV

Posted: June 28, 2007, 9:23 AM Post
I love MLB.TV, but the blackout restrictions are such a crock for several reasons. How are you going to black out a non-televised, away game? Is it really shame on me for not flying into Arizona during the work week to go to the park and go to the game? That seems a little ridiculous.

Even games that are sold out, are still blacked out. So, I can't attend the game, because there are no tickets. I can't watch the game, because it's not televised. So my last resort is the computer, and for some reason, blackout restrictions still apply.

Then again, why black out televised games at all? If I have access to a TV, do they really think I'm going to bypass watching the game on television so that I can watch it on my computer? Ratings aren't going to go down if they lighten blackout restrictions.

MLB blackout restrictions are very outdated, and yet haven't been changed. That's a real disservice by MLB to the many fans that fund this business, that they still haven't gotten around to revamping restrictions so that they are a little more practical to modern times. It's not a big effect on them, so they don't even bother addressing it. Honestly, it's about time that they do.

Sorry, maybe this should have gone in the venting thread, he he. But it really does make me mad.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  MLB.TV

Posted: June 28, 2007, 11:08 AM Post
I recently suscribed to MLB.TV. I am finding the graphics to be fuzzy when watching at the half and full screne. I don't know if this is normal or it's just my computer. Anyone else have this issue? Is the upgrade to premium worth it? Thanks for any help

Quote   Reply 
Offline  MLB.TV

Posted: June 28, 2007, 12:00 PM Post
Quote:
does anyone know how to mask your IP address to make it look like its coming from somewhere else?

Tools, Internet Options, Connections, LAN Settings, Check the box for the proxy server setting, and then type in an IP Address and port (don't forget the port) from this website.

Link

Keep trying IP Addresses until you get one that works. Then you will be able to watch Brewer games to your heart's content.

And for the record, somebody else stole my password and typed this using my screen name, so I'm innocent.;)

Quote   Reply 
 [ 14 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply