LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 28 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Pat Hughes

Offline  Pat Hughes

Posted: June 27, 2007, 4:36 AM Post
Quote:
What problems do people have with Ueck? I can't say I've heard many complaints...what are they?

these aren't my views, I love Bob, but that he rambles on about stories and you don't get to hear what is going on, which I have no problem with.

Or that he talks about fishing and food more than the game.

I love Ueck though!

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/brian-nelson/48/231/604

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Pat Hughes

Posted: June 27, 2007, 4:47 AM Post
i like how pat always says this:

the cubs today are in blue caps with red bills, their home blue shirts with red undershirts, white trousers, red stockings and blue shoes, and the brewers today have their dark blue caps on with the grey road jerseys, grey pants, blue stockings, and black shoes...

Classic

I agree that is classic, love it.

Yeah some people cant stand when Ueck gets a little off-topic with a story, but I personally love it.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Pat Hughes

Posted: June 27, 2007, 5:08 AM Post
How can you not love him... the only problem I've ever had is when you just tune in the middle of the game and sometime it takes you a while to figure out whats going on. But the solution is easy... just listen to ueck and powell the entire game. Ueck is a living legend... and his off track stories and humor is what makes him great. Hes been doing it so long, he can't just sit there and not be creative.
I'

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Pat Hughes

Posted: June 27, 2007, 5:35 AM Post
Wow, I'm really in the minority here. I find Pat Hughes very boring (always have, even when he was in Milwaukee - I think Powell is great). I don't know what it is. It's like he's too nice or something. I find Santo entertaining. It's not that I think Santo is a great broadcaster or anything, but he's funny without trying to be. It's like watching the game with your uncle or something. I crack up when the Cubs do something bad and all you get from Santo is "Oh geez!..

I will agree that Hughes is great at describing the game, but sorry I just find him boring. BA is boring too.

This is not Shea Vucinich

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Pat Hughes

Posted: June 27, 2007, 6:55 AM Post
Pat Hughes has one of the hardest jobs in baseball announcing next to Santo. Most games Santo does not finish a single thought during the broadcast. However, as much as I like Pat Hughes, Jim Powell is better.

I agree with the sentiment that Len Kaspar is a sellout. I lost all respect for him when he referred to Miller Park as Wrigley North in the last series. He is a pile of garbage if you ask me.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Pat Hughes

Posted: June 27, 2007, 9:14 AM Post
Hughes is one of the best announcers in the game. He does a great job covering everything while still trying to make Santo's presence justified. If you listen, he really tries to set Santo up so he can tell some stories. I also like that he frequently teases Santo in a kind way. Great announcer.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Pat Hughes

Posted: June 27, 2007, 1:33 PM Post
Personally I like Hughes and I like Powell as well. Brewers radio has been blessed for a very long time with the very best in the business. It's too bad we don't have a TV announce team that touches the quality of the radio broadcasts...

I just wish there were a way to simulcast the audio (sort of like what they do with SAP) where you can choose the audio for the broadcasting. They seem to do that in Miller Park on their TVs.

I'm pretty sure a large majority of Brewers fans would tune out Anderson and Schroeder... which begs the question... wouldn't it be cheaper just to do the audio that way instead of paying two extra guys that most people would rather tune out anyway?

Rp

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Pat Hughes

Posted: June 28, 2007, 5:11 AM Post
Hughes is pretty good actually. I used to listen to Cubs games at work almost every day as my boss was a huge fan.

I will say, since the question was brought up about Uecker, I have one question.

What's the score?

The guy can go 10 minutes and not tell you the score. He should have an hourglass in front of him and everytime it runs out say the score.

My only complaint. Otherwise, I love the guy.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 28 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply