LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

[ 12 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

More roof problems

Offline  More roof problems

Posted: June 27, 2007, 4:48 AM Post
Nothing too serious this time, just couldn't closed it in time.:)

Since the roof still isn't fully automatic yet, they couldn't get it closed quickly enough when a sudden rain shower came by. Sent players and fans running for cover. I guess that's why they have a tarp.

It would be nice to get the roof problems solved for good this time.

Link

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2007, 9:20 AM Post
Someone at work told me that if they continue to have problems, they've talked about doming it off and putting turf in. Any validity to that? I can't tell you what that would do to my soul...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2007, 9:43 AM Post
Never would they dome it off and put turf in. I wouldn't buy that for a second.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2007, 9:52 AM Post
Global Moderator
The public outrage that would be evoked by doming the stadium would set the franchise back to 2002. It'd be cheaper to fix the roof than to deal with the PO'd fans who'd drop this team like a bad habit the second they fell under .500.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2007, 10:08 AM Post
Someone at work told me that if they continue to have problems, they've talked about doming it off and putting turf in

Anyone who would have said that is just making it up! They have no idea what they are talking about. Hold them accountable and ask for their source. When they start to studder, just walk away.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2007, 10:30 AM Post
I didn't pay it much attention but it sat in the back of my mind. I thought of it when I saw this post and thought I'd throw it out there. I said all of the things that are posted here.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2007, 11:12 AM Post
Wait- the players ran from the rain?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2007, 11:16 AM Post
I had just finished watching BP from the second deeck RF and was walking around the concessions when is started to poor by the time I got to my seat in RF I was under cover and it looks like my seat was always under cover. The people coming inside though looked soaked .

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2007, 11:54 AM Post
They just interviewed the head of the Stadium District on AM620 and from what they said is that it was human error. The operator messed up.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2007, 11:56 AM Post
Domed up, no. Artificial turf? Possibly.

Quote   Reply 
Online  More roof problems

Posted: June 27, 2007, 2:03 PM Post
Global Moderator
I knew someone that worked in the Brewers front office about three years ago and I was told it was pretty much a foregone conclusion that they were going to have to put in field turf at some point.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 27, 2007, 2:47 PM Post

The Weatherman
Global Moderator
I've been to games in Toronto and Minnesota and I think field turf looks terrible. I know the grass needs replacing in patches a few times per year, but that still seems better than playing on ugly fake grass.

Now, if they came up with a better version of field turf that actually looked like real grass, I might be in favor, but right now the new stuff still looks terrible.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 12 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply