LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 75 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Braun injury (Left wrist still an issue, day-to-day)

Offline  Braun injury (Left wrist still an issue, day-to-day)

Posted: May 13, 2007, 12:08 PM Post
Well, Doug and Gord...

Yes Sheets groin was day-to-day and management was right and they should be.

It is just alarming to be lied to or to be misdiagnosed about injuries so
darn much. Day to day means day to day-not a week+.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 13, 2007, 1:47 PM Post
Global Moderator
i was just playing...i'm a little concerned that he;s been out for a week...just having a good ole time...

and yes, smugness does make a good blanket :)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 14, 2007, 1:23 AM Post
Global Moderator
I think we need to keep in mind we are dealing with an injury to the human body. Get 25 people together and pull a groin and you'll have 25 different time frames for them returning to 100%.

Forced to predict when those guys are going to return to full health, I think you'd be hard pressed to find a single prediction that would be right on for all of them, and forced to make 25 predictions, I wonder how close they'd get to 100% accuracy.

Braun might really be day-to-day without the medical staff or the coaching staff lying about it or mis-diagnosing the severity of the injury.

Remember... Koskie was day-to-day with a minor concussion.

Actually, Koskie was really close to playing (by his own admission) within a couple of days of the injury. It was only after that time his post concussion symptoms cropped up. No one lied- the conditions changed.

I don't have a link for that, but I remember reading it in one of the Koskie threads in the ML forum.

Remember...JJ was supposed to be out for a week or two after "popping" a tendon in his ankle.

If I remember correctly, JJ's initial injury was a sprained ankle and that he was going to be out several weeks. The tendon popping was the result of a pre-existing condition (something he noted in AAA) that needed to be fixed after the sprain. Initially they tried to strengthen the tendon thru exercise, but it didn't work so they did the surgery.

Again, I don't think anyone lied or there was any medical missteps.

I guess I just don't see too much reason to worry. His injury is what it is and he'll be back when he's back. And that's probably as much information as we'll ever have about the injury.

As an aside, does anyone have any more information about the injury disclosure policy? I thought that I read someplace that it was going to be harder than ever to get information about injuries because of patient privacy laws.

Chris
-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 14, 2007, 11:09 AM Post
He is out again. What is new?

Ya notice that Nashville suddenly isn't winning lately? Coincidence?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 15, 2007, 3:46 AM Post
Do we really need to keep posting every day that Braun remains out? The assumption is that he's out. The news will be when he comes back. There's no point announcing every day that the status quo hasn't changed.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 15, 2007, 4:34 AM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Sounds announcer Chuck Valenches just mentioned that Braun (who is coaching first base today) took batting practice for the first time on Monday. The wrist (no longer the groin) is still the reason for his absence, and the Brewers want to avoid a Rickie Weeks-type situation with him. It didnt sound like he'd be back for the Sounds next game, which is Thursday, but maybe soon thereafter.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 15, 2007, 9:01 AM Post
For what reason should the Brewers be rushing him back into the AAA lineup if he is not at 100%. People are acting like he needs to be playing everyday. Let the guy heal and then go back to raking the ball. If there was any worries they would have had the Brewer medical staff take a look at him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 15, 2007, 9:38 AM Post
Quote:
For what reason should the Brewers be rushing him back into the AAA lineup if he is not at 100%. People are acting like he needs to be playing everyday. Let the guy heal and then go back to raking the ball. If there was any worries they would have had the Brewer medical staff take a look at him.

I don't think people are saying they want to see him rushed back into the AAA lineup if he's not 100%, and it is they just want to see him healthy, or at least that's my case.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 15, 2007, 2:51 PM Post
they need to keep him out as long as he is feeling any discomfort

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 15, 2007, 3:11 PM Post
Thanks for the update Mass Haas... The Brewers need Braun soon, but I would imagine this set-back delays his call-up. He'll need time to again make sure everything is together with his defense

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 16, 2007, 2:49 AM Post
better idea to take it super-slow with his injury. not like the guy needs another week at Nashville to prove he's ready or anything.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 16, 2007, 3:41 AM Post
i think what people hate is lack of information.

people would be ok with his injury if his team released some factual information about the injury with a time table for return.

the day-to-day excuse gets old especially when we've heard it so many times used for many very serious injuries.

the lack of information provided tends to make people believe there is a cover up.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 16, 2007, 7:12 AM Post
Global Moderator
if he wasnt day to day, they would have put him on the DL...the brewers have no reason to pretend he's not hurt, so i think a "conspiracy theory" is crazy

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2007, 8:33 AM Post
I was fishy about this injury since day one when I started this thread.

I'm not saying there was a "conspiracy" here, but I sense they were sugarcoating this injury quite a bit.

Knock on wood-if this is serious and he misses more than a couple more weeks, I will say that either this WAS a cover-up or the training staff is awful. Pick your poison.

This really hurts now if rickie needs to go on the DL.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2007, 8:39 AM Post
Global Moderator
What do the Brewers or Sounds have to gain by sugarcoating the injury? Or hiding it? Or downplaying it? That's the part that I don't get... it's not like his playing or not playing is going to affect Milwaukee's series with the Twins or something, where a bit of misinformation might have actually made some sense.

Are they worried about attendance in Nashville? Or that their website won't get as many hits?

He was day-to-day. He was that way for about 8-10 days, one of which he took BP. My guess is when he too BP it didn't feel right, and that cause the Sounds to put him on the DL. Sometimes things are exactly as they seem.

Chris
-----

"I guess underrated pitchers with bad goatees are the new market inefficiency." -- SRB

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 17, 2007, 1:59 PM Post
Exactly, what do they have to hide?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 18, 2007, 7:53 AM Post
Thought this would be very uprising news for some in case missed on brewers.com:
Quote:
Triple-A Nashville's Ryan Braun, considered the organization's top prospect, was placed on the seven-day disabled list Thursday with a sore left wrist. But the move was retroactive to May 11, and a Brewers spokesman said Braun is expected to play this weekend.

brewers.com

edit: added link

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 18, 2007, 3:21 PM Post
When I went to Spring Training this year, Braun was constantly shaking his right wrist.Something was definately wrong. He may have to be put on the shelf for quite a while.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 18, 2007, 4:05 PM Post
He has been taking batting practice, will most likely play by Sunday.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2007, 9:47 AM Post
Braun is in the lineup and batting 2nd tonight vs. the Isotopes.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 75 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test