LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

[ 7 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Minor League Baseball on Time Warner Sports

Offline  Minor League Baseball on Time Warner Sports

Posted: April 04, 2007, 3:21 AM Post
I don't frequent the minor league forum, so I apologise if this has been mentioned.

For everyone in the Milwaukee area (and I believe in Green Bay as well) that has Time Warner cable, this Thursday, April 5th, at 6:30pm, the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers baseball game vs Peoria will be televised Live on Time Warner Sports (Channel 32 in Milwaukee) With no Brewer baseball that day, I thought that a few here would be interested in watching this. (even though it's not Milwaukee's farm system)

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 04, 2007, 5:43 AM Post
wow....thats gotta be the first live telecast on that channel. Ive always thought Time Warner was dumb for showing replays of games instead of live ones. Why they dont how Admirals, Wave, and High School Basketball games live was always beyond me.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2007, 12:48 AM Post
Paul, I'm sure this has been their intention, but for a new channel, I'd imagine it takes a little time and a few hoops to go through to get the rights to broadcast live sporting events, more time than it takes to simply play taped rebroadcasts. But you're right, Time Warner Sports could be a very nice channel if they can somehow begin to regularly show live broadcasts of the "other" Wisconsin sports (Admirals, T-Rattlers, UWGB basketball games, UWM games, Gambers games, etc.).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2007, 4:11 AM Post
How about them adding a couple games from the Brewer minor league affiliates. I know I would watch.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2007, 4:22 AM Post
It should also be mentioned, though I'm sure many of you know this already, but Ryne Sandberg is managing the Peoria Chiefs this year (the team that the T-Rats will be facing tonight). So, even if it isn't the Brewers, feel free to watch and get your anti-cub feelings all geared up for this weekend, :)

I'll be at the game, at least for a little while, attempting to brave the 10 degree wind chill...I guess it could be worse, I could be hitting hard objects with a wooden stick...ouch....a strikeout might not feel so bad tonight.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2007, 3:52 AM Post
How about them adding a couple games from the Brewer minor league affiliates. I know I would watch.

I'd definately watch too.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2007, 4:23 PM Post
haha...did you guys catch the "middle school basketball championships" on the time warner sports channel tonight? are you kidding me?

Quote   Reply 
 [ 7 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test