LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 22 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Out of options

Offline  Out of options

Posted: October 13, 2006, 11:24 AM Post
If I recall correctly, Hall was the Brewer minor league player of the year two years in a row.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Out of options

Posted: October 13, 2006, 4:23 PM Post
Quote:
If I recall correctly, Hall was the Brewer minor league player of the year two years in a row.
Bill Hall's rankings in the bBrewer's farm system:

2000-21
2001-2
2002-18

And those were in some pretty bad years for prospects. Hall really had only one decent part of a year, when he hit .303/.348/.529 when he spent most of the 2001 season in hitter's paridise High Desert. He did ok in 2003 at AAA, and then stuck in Milwaukee.

As far as his prospect status, he was a relative unknown that exploded into our consciousness with his year in High Desert. He then proceeded to disappoint year after year, and pretty much everyone here had assumed he would never be more than a utility player.

Then he had a decent 2005 year in Milwaukee. Some of us still doubted him because his prospect status fell so quickly. He DID only have the one good year, and his numbers WERE inflated by a high altitude band box.

One degenerate troglodite idiot even had the nerve to suggest that we trade Hall in the off season between the 2005 and 2006 seasons for Hank Blaylock. That same sophmoric chump of a arm chair GM had him being shipped to Boston for Clement or Papelbon, (well, at least I would have gotten a decent player in return on that one).

Point is that Billy Hall has established himself as a star now, and I have faith in him. I don't know why. I didn't see this coming. With Krynzel, it would take an even bigger leap. Could it happen? Maybe, but lightning doesn't often strike twice. Hall at least looked the part of a utility player. Krynzel doesn't look as though he could ever hit enough to do even that. Maybe with a change of scenery, but not with us. He's only a slightly improved Chad Green.

edit: Oh yeah, and I believe I was also an advocate of trading him to Atlanta for Saltamaccia. Sometimes I am just plain dumb.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 22 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test