LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 42 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Baseball America Chat -- Latest: BA's John Manuel Chimes In

Offline  Baseball America Chat -- Latest: BA's John Manuel Chimes In

Posted: September 18, 2006, 11:52 AM Post
John Manuel. Terrific. Seriously awesome. He provided his reasoning, and it was solid. What other media members (especially in baseball) would do that, and for a message board of all things? Most don't even acknowledge their existence.

Thanks, also to Jim, for being able to communicate with John Manuel.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Baseball America Chat -- Latest: BA's John Manuel Chimes In

Posted: September 18, 2006, 2:22 PM Post

Director of Amateur Baseball Operations
Global Moderator
John Manuel has always been a very good resource and a very good writer at Baseball America. I respect his work and appreciate that he took the time to respond to Jim's question via email. I also was very excited last year when I discovered he would be covering the Brewers scouting reports instead of Tom Haudricourt.

However, he's dodging the short pitcher thing. Again, I'm going to supply his initial comment on Inman:

He's a bit unconventional, he's short, it's just going to be harder for him.

Harder for him to receive the proper respect from scouts because he's shorter, or harder for him to succeed as he moves up because he's shorter? If it's the first point, I agree, he addressed that comment, but that is not how I took that statement. He made it sound as though he believes it will be harder for Inman to succeed because he is unconventional in the eyes of scouts. That I don't agree with, and it seems to contradict his point about the bias of short pitchers.

I know, I'm nitpicking, and maybe Mr. Manuel just doesn't like to admit he was wrong :) . If you're out there reading, thank you, and I apologize for being such a pest.

Interesting pick for the best 1-2 pitching tandem in the minors in Garza & Slowey. I know SoCal posted on the MLB forum about the rumored deal with the Angels that Melvin didn't take for Carlos Lee (Jeff Mathis & Erick Aybar), but what about the rumored deal with the Twins that Melvin turned down: Kevin Slowey and Glen Perkins?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  [ 42 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test