LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 109 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

The Tyler Badamo Brewerfan Lovefest Thread

Offline  Re: The Tyler Badamo Brewerfan Lovefest Thread - Badamo is a D-II All-American

Posted: June 06, 2014, 1:06 PM Post
Global Moderator
I talked to him a little bit ago, as you can imagine, he's pretty antsy right now.

The kid who beat him for the Brett Tomko Award, (best D-II pitcher), went in round 5 to Seattle, trust me, he saw that!

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The Tyler Badamo Brewerfan Lovefest Thread - Badamo is a D-II All-American

Posted: June 06, 2014, 4:51 PM Post
Global Moderator
Tyler wasn't picked today, which was always the most likely scenario. There are many teams interested in him, everyone involved is convinced he'll be picked tomorrow, but beyond that, this could be round 11, or round 40.

I'll say more after the draft.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 07, 2014, 1:20 PM Post

Director of Amateur Baseball Operations
Global Moderator
Congrats to Tyler, goes in the 24th round to the Mets.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 07, 2014, 1:27 PM Post
Global Moderator
The Mets have followed Tyler the longest, starting his senior year in HS. The teams that had taken him the most seriously were the Mets, Yankees, Reds and Phillies, with a second group of Seattle, Toronto, Detroit, Pittsburgh, and the two LA teams...the Mets nearly took him a year ago.

I haven't talked to Tyler yet, but his mother is losing her mind.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The Tyler Badamo Brewerfan Lovefest Thread - Tyler has been drafted!

Posted: June 07, 2014, 1:43 PM Post
Congratulations, what a wonderful time for his entire immediate and extended family. Please pass along my best wishes for his success.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
- Plato
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
- Plato

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: The Tyler Badamo Brewerfan Lovefest Thread - Tyler has been drafted!

Posted: June 07, 2014, 1:46 PM Post
Global Moderator
Very happy for him, must be a surreal feeling right now. I look forward to hearing many updates as he goes through his indoctrination into professional baseball. I have to add I was selfishly rooting for him to get drafted by a team with a Midwest League affiliate for a possible future BF.net road-trip. Good luck to him!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 07, 2014, 2:16 PM Post

Brewerfan Jedi
Global Moderator
Congrats Tyler!

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 07, 2014, 2:27 PM Post
Global Moderator
In two days, Tyler goes to Florida for his physical, then he'll pitch for the Mets' club in Brooklyn.

His agent lives right next to the field in FL where the Mets will bring him, and his family lives on Long Island, so they'll all be able to watch him this summer.

There are many happy Badamos right now!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 07, 2014, 7:30 PM Post
Congrats to Tyler, and thank you Splitter for keeping us up to date on everything throughout the process. I think we all learned a lot from your first-hand experience of helping him and his family.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 07, 2014, 9:05 PM Post
Global Moderator
A nice write-up on "The Man."

One correction to this article, for those who want to know - his father, Matt, had a stroke in early '09, recovered, and was in a serious car accident just before Thanksgiving in that same year. After six major surgeries, and months of "touch and go", Matt was finally discharged from the hospital, and sent to a rehabilitation center, for physical therapy - he was on schedule to go home April 9th.

While at the rehab center, Matt contracted a bacterial infection, which his weakened body could not defeat - the infection attacked his heart, killing Matt in March of 2010.

He was a great friend of mine, who had helped me out when I was down in 2002, so naturally, when I realized Tyler might have a shot at pro ball, I stepped in and helped every way I could.

I'm networked throughout the baseball industry, though I've never worked in the game - I did that via social media. I reached out to scouts, writers, coaches, retired players, and ultimately an agent as Tyler's college career was nearing its end. This is Tyler's story - he did it - and it didn't come easy. I'm just happy to be in the supporting cast, and I'd love to be talking to his dad about all of this right now.

http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/news/articl ... e_78747444

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 13, 2014, 1:15 PM Post
Global Moderator
Tyler signed his contract today, he's ready to roll.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 13, 2014, 1:53 PM Post
splitterpfj said:
Tyler signed his contract today, he's ready to roll.

Awesome! Wish him luck for me!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 28, 2014, 12:40 PM Post
Global Moderator
The first batter Tyler faced as a pro...took him deep to lead off an inning.

He followed that with a pop out, a ground out and a K.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 10, 2014, 2:34 PM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Agent39 (Joshua Kusnick) writes this free Baseball Prospectus piece about how splitterpfj put Tyler in touch with him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: July 10, 2014, 5:10 PM Post
Global Moderator
Mass, Josh called here today after that article posted, and we had a long talk about a list of baseball topics.

Tyler's doing great, the Mets have him on an innings limit, so he's not getting as much work as he had expected this season, but it's strictly because the Mets view him as a real prospect, so they're being careful with him. Tyler pitched to six hitters today - 5 Ks.

This level of baseball is tough stuff, the kids are living on next to nothing, while the get acclimated to pro ball, a long ways from home.

This whole thing has truly been an education.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 22, 2014, 2:41 PM Post
Global Moderator
Tyler has pitched pretty well so far, even if the numbers are small.

27 IP, 5 BB, 24K, 1.00 WHIP, 2.00 ERA

Quote   Reply 

Posted: August 28, 2014, 4:39 PM Post
reillymcshane said:
Tyler has pitched pretty well so far, even if the numbers are small.

27 IP, 5 BB, 24K, 1.00 WHIP, 2.00 ERA

31 IP now and down to a 1.74 ERA, whip still at 1.00. Just as effective vs lefties as righties. Hopefully we'll watch him pitch to Monte Harrison and company down the road.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 07, 2015, 4:45 PM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Cameo mention of Tyler and his agent Josh here.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: February 08, 2015, 9:51 PM Post
Global Moderator
Thanks for the link, Mass. Josh and I talked about Tyler the other day - this is a big season for him. If T. puts up numbers, he has the opportunity to advance - the Mets didn't bring in any right-handed arms over the offseason, which most teams did.

For Tyler, the world is black and white - pitch well, and keep advancing, or don't, and go home. A kid that was a "senior sign" out of college doesn't get multiple chances to prove it, they have to put up numbers. Tyler certainly has the arm - I can't wait to see how he does this season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 10, 2015, 8:50 AM Post
Any update on Tyler? I couldn't find any stats for the 2015 season.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 109 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test