LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next  [ 490 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Latest in Sky Sox affiliation saga - Team joining Pioneer League in 2019 (Post #287)

Offline  Re: Latest in Sky Sox affiliation saga - Team joining Pioneer League in 2019 (Post #287)
Posted: September 17, 2018, 2:06 PM Post
FVBrewerFan said:
homer said:
A's have officially moved to Vegas.

Remember, the A's MLB club may eventually move to Vegas so this makes sense.

Maybe we could use oakland for our AAA...

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Latest in Sky Sox affiliation saga - Team joining Pioneer League in 2019 (Post #287)
Posted: September 17, 2018, 2:06 PM Post
AlMaFi said:
No, the Sounds ownership isn't the same as San Antonio. SA's ownership is Elmore Sports Group, who have plenty of experience with the Brewers since they also own the Helena franchise that's moving to Colorado Springs. Whether or not that hurts or hinders their chances of landing with the San Antonio team is anyone's guess.

Fresno is still the most likely team for the Brewers, but Nashville and San Antonio seem to be possibilities. If it is Fresno, I say we embrace the Grizzlies. It will be much, much better than sending prospects to Pikes Peak.

Was reading a column about minor leauge fans the Grizzlies scored very high on fan support seems like Fresno supports baseball well.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2018, 2:13 PM Post
These minor leave owners say winning is the most important thing, but the evidence says something else. Fresno just went to league championship and they cut bait. The skysox weren’t eliminated until the final day of the season and Biloxi went to the league championship series.

The brewers have greatly improved the system over the last 4 years and it seems like they will be the last team standing with no affiliate.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2018, 2:19 PM Post
OH shucks wanted our team in Vegas so bad

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2018, 2:19 PM Post
patrickgpe said:
These minor leave owners say winning is the most important thing, but the evidence says something else. Fresno just went to league championship and they cut bait. The skysox weren’t eliminated until the final day of the season and Biloxi went to the league championship series.

The brewers have greatly improved the system over the last 4 years and it seems like they will be the last team standing with no affiliate.

Fresno did not want to separate from the Astros the Astros want to go to Round Rock ,and the Sky Sox’s are relocating to San Antonio.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2018, 2:25 PM Post
It looking like it be Fresno.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Latest in Sky Sox affiliation saga - Team joining Pioneer League in 2019 (Post #287)
Posted: September 17, 2018, 2:42 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
The San Antonio ballpark is awful - would much rather be in Fresno if those are the two choices.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2018, 3:14 PM Post
Down to Nashville, San Antonio and Fresno. With by all accounts Nashville highly unlikely.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2018, 4:09 PM Post
Rangers have been officially informed that Round Rock won't be renewing with them.

https://twitter.com/JeffWilson_FWST/sta ... 5511833601

https://twitter.com/Sullivan_Ranger/sta ... 8732610560

Both Rangers beat guys mention Nashville as a possibility along with the presumed San Antonio.

McCalvy also mentions it:

https://twitter.com/AdamMcCalvy/status/ ... 9666534400

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2018, 7:03 PM Post
very curious to see how this all turns out for the Brewers

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2018, 7:35 PM Post
Global Moderator
And That said:
The San Antonio ballpark is awful - would much rather be in Fresno if those are the two choices.

I agree with this. While I like the idea of San Antonio as a city, it seems like the stadium situation would border on what the Brewers experienced in Nashville in terms of antiquated facilities. Right now San Antonio is a long way from any plans for a new ballpark, and by time it gets approved and built the affiliate agreement would likely be near expiration.

If it is ultimately Fresno, one possible fun storyline next year could be Jake Gatewood returning from injury and playing in his hometown.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2018, 7:40 PM Post
good points hope the brewers get there choice of the better ball park

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2018, 8:25 PM Post
Ah well. Last thing I needed was another reason to go to Vegas.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 17, 2018, 8:36 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Ah well. Last thing I needed was another reason to go to Vegas.

i am there about three times a year and was hoping for it to happen

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 10:02 AM Post
Tom
Verified account
@Haudricourt
1m1 minute ago
The Class AAA San Antonio Missions have announced a two-year player development contract with the #Brewers. So, in essence they have relocated there from Colorado Springs.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 10:08 AM Post

Roster Guru
interesting. i would have thought that san antonio, the seventh largest city in the nation, would have more nonstop destinations from its airport than just 54.

no milwaukee.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 10:14 AM Post
And That said:

It is awful. There will be a new stadium built. Just a matter of when. I lived in SA for 6 years, now live in Houston and will be making plans to check out games next summer. I’m absolutely pumped that they’re in SA.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 10:19 AM Post
Global Moderator
For AAA ballparks I've been to Albuquerque & Louisville (both very nice), Sacramento (meh) and Colorado Springs (underwhelming).

Is SA even worse than CS?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 10:28 AM Post
sveumrules said:
For AAA ballparks I've been to Albuquerque & Louisville (both very nice), Sacramento (meh) and Colorado Springs (underwhelming).

its a AA park being used for a AAA league if that helps?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM
PrinceFielderx1 Said:
If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 10:29 AM Post
sveumrules said:

It was mediocre for AA. There’s going to have to be improvements. In my 6 years in SA, I went to probably 20 Missions games. The location of the stadium sucks. It’s on the SW side of town and most of the population is on the N/NE/NW sides of town. Downtown would be best, but the city doesn’t want to use public $$ for a new stadium.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next  [ 490 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test