LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next  [ 490 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Latest in Sky Sox affiliation saga - Team joining Pioneer League in 2019 (Post #287)

Online  Re: Latest in Sky Sox affiliation saga - Team joining Pioneer League in 2019 (Post #287)
Posted: September 18, 2018, 10:34 AM Post
I would have preferred Fresno, but I’m happy it’s a 2 year deal. I just hope the brewers have learned their lesson from the sounds, who played in a subpar stadium for years only to have the rug pulled from them once they got their stadium.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Latest in Sky Sox affiliation saga - Team joining Pioneer League in 2019 (Post #287)
Posted: September 18, 2018, 10:36 AM Post
If the talks included some guarantee--official or not--of being an affiliate in San Antonio when a new ballpark is built, then it's probably a good move. The lingering pessimism is that the Rangers would swoop in after a new ballpark is built and have an extended affiliation with the franchise, and the Brewers would end up enduring outdated AAA facilities again with no future benefit.

I also wonder if this two-year affiliation with San Antonio is meant to keep open the possibility of affiliating with Wichita once the reported move of the New Orleans franchise happens. New facilities in a Midwestern setting would be worth a long-term partnership with Wichita.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Latest in Sky Sox affiliation saga - Team joining Pioneer League in 2019 (Post #287)
Posted: September 18, 2018, 10:37 AM Post
Betting the Brewers factored in that you can fly out of Biloxi very easily due to the military base via Frontier. That a 45 minute flight on a good day.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Latest in Sky Sox affiliation saga - Team joining Pioneer League in 2019 (Post #287)
Posted: September 18, 2018, 10:45 AM Post
I may be reading too much into this but this tweets seems to say the brewers rookie league team will be in Colorado Srpings

http://twitter.com/Haudricourt/status/1 ... 5383343106

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 10:59 AM Post
Could be a good move by the Brewers having some leverage holding both the rookie team and tripe A team with the same ownership group and a long working relationship.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 11:30 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
The San Antonio result is disappointing. The park stinks, and as far as I'm aware there's no interest in replacing it because San Antonio wants to be an MLB city, not a AAA city. There's only so much they can/will do to fix it up. The Brewers have once again managed to scrape the bottom of the AAA barrel.

If I were a betting man, I'd put some money on the Brewers' AAA affiliate being in Wichita in 2021.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 12:09 PM Post
And That said:
The San Antonio result is disappointing. The park stinks, and as far as I'm aware there's no interest in replacing it because San Antonio wants to be an MLB city, not a AAA city. There's only so much they can/will do to fix it up. The Brewers have once again managed to scrape the bottom of the AAA barrel.

If I were a betting man, I'd put some money on the Brewers' AAA affiliate being in Wichita in 2021.

Either having a AAA or MLB team, the current stadium will not do. As I said in previous posts, there have been discussions and conversations about a new stadium. It seems like it will happen, just a matter of when and who is paying for it.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 12:42 PM Post
I certainly don’t have Mark A’s check book and spending money on things other franchises aren’t (like our spring training facility) is putting us at a competitive disadvantage regardless of your feelings on tax subsidies. However, would be interesting if the Brewers bought an ownership stake in part to help finance a new stadium.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 12:47 PM Post
That's an awesome thought! If the Crew were part owners and a new stadium was built. That would be Triple-A stability for a generation.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 2:10 PM Post
Global Moderator
Rangers get Nashville.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/09/ ... ounds.html

That means the Nationals get Fresno.

Some surprises there.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 2:44 PM Post
I actually feel bad for the Nationals. Eastern time zone team with a Pacific affiliate.

Surprised to see that it's a 4-year agreement. Maybe San Antonio will be with the Crew for the long haul.

Last edited by AlMaFi on September 18, 2018, 2:49 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 2:46 PM Post
Most interesting part of the Nashville deal is it is for four years, so the Rangers will not be coming to San Antonio in 2020.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 3:05 PM Post
I’m sure the PCL leauge will start to put pressure on the city of San Antonio at some point ,so I’m that worried about the stadium issues,more if the Brewers will be there long enough to enjoy it .

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 4:42 PM Post
balsamlaker said:
Most interesting part of the Nashville deal is it is for four years, so the Rangers will not be coming to San Antonio in 2020.

I think they'd also have been pretty serious competition for the new team in Wichita in 2020, too. So if movement on the new stadium doesn't happen in the next two years, leaving for Kansas is a little easier.

I do wonder if the San Antonio ownership will explore their relocation options if they get frustrated with the stadium situation.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 7:04 PM Post
Lets see what happens think things will go well in the future either in San Antonio or Witchia after 2020

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 18, 2018, 7:26 PM Post
I'm curious if we were told no by both Nashville and Fresno and thus had to go with SA, or if we chose SA over either or both of the others.

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 19, 2018, 7:11 AM Post
young guns said:
I'm curious if we were told no by both Nashville and Fresno and thus had to go with SA, or if we chose SA over either or both of the others.
I’ll guess neither. There was no leak that the brewers or the Elmore group asked for a change in affiliation as that has happened in all other affiliation changes. It sounds as if the brewers visited the site last weekend and was satisfied with the proposed changes and decided to renew the affiliation.

Also missed in the news yesterday, Stearns did confirm that the brewers rookie ball team will be in Colorado Springs, which I think is a good move, as they will have by far the best facilities in the league, and are far enough away from Milwaukee where I wouldn’t worry about the elevation.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 19, 2018, 7:34 AM Post
Nice thanks for that nugget
so its
San Antonio
Bioxi
Carolina
Wisconsin
Colo Springs

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 19, 2018, 8:50 AM Post
patrickgpe said:
young guns said:
I’ll guess neither. There was no leak that the brewers or the Elmore group asked for a change in affiliation as that has happened in all other affiliation changes. It sounds as if the brewers visited the site last weekend and was satisfied with the proposed changes and decided to renew the affiliation.

Also missed in the news yesterday, Stearns did confirm that the brewers rookie ball team will be in Colorado Springs, which I think is a good move, as they will have by far the best facilities in the league, and are far enough away from Milwaukee where I wouldn’t worry about the elevation.

If anything, having a rookie ball club in Colorado Springs is going to inflate some offensive numbers, which in turn will likely inflate some prospect rankings on national lists. If that sort of thing is relevant at all.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: September 19, 2018, 10:35 AM Post
maybe some outside team will look at those numbers and maybe trade for those prospects when DS id ready to make another move.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next  [ 490 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test