LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

[ 3 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

BF25 Position Ranking Spreadsheet

Offline  BF25 Position Ranking Spreadsheet

Posted: September 29, 2016, 2:24 PM Post
Global Moderator
I've been playing around with a spreadsheet to auto-generate my Top25 (or even Top 100) and I thought I would share it here for anyone that is interested in playing around with it.

A couple caveats:
- Its not meant to mirror the 20-80 ranking scale. It could, but I didn't. The absolute number is only good for comparing prospects to each other.
- I allow for you to tailor it the way you want, so don't complain if my priority system is different than yours. You can change it.
- I hope its useful for you. I found it interesting to level-set my thinking about different prospects.

Instructions:
"Ratings" Tab:
- Go ahead and add in the names and select your ratings of players. Don't change the gray columns as they are auto-generated (actually Column A also).
- MLB Ceiling: What is the best possible outcome for this player
- MLB Floor: What is the worst possible outcome for this player
-YTD Production: how do you rank how they are playing today?
- Ave MiLB production: how has their career gone so far?
- Defense: how do you think their defense rates?
-Birthday: Age and Age @ Level are auto-calculated -FYI: This is calculation based on age that effects the overall ranking in column R.
Level: What is the player currently at (I tie this to YTD production based on where he played the majority of the year). The further from MLB, the lower their score is calculated.
Risk: Injury, High K rate (batter), high BB rate (pitcher), etc.. Just remember distance from MLB is already covered under "Level".
-- I've hidden the score columns, but you can unhide everything if you are trying to figure out how it works.
After you fill out the first tab, the prospects should be ranked in column A. Proceed to Tab "Rankings"

"Rankings"
- You shouldn't need to edit anything here. It will auto-populate the list of players and list of players by position.

"Ranking Weights"- Here is were you can tailor the spreadsheet how you like it.
- Ceiling, Floor, And Production (YTD and Ave MiLB) produce a base value. I'm weighted more on projection than on current production, but both count.
- The multipliers are modifiers of the base
-- Level: The further you are from MLB, the lower your score will be (multiply by 0.7 if the player is at R+)
-- Age: This is the age where I start to consider a player old for that MiLB level. The player's age compared to this number is factored into this age to product a multiplier in the "Ratings" tab.
--Defense and Risk: Again, more modifiers to the base score, similar to Level.

So, as we approach the end of season Top25, I hope this is a helpful tool.

I'll try to answer any questions people have so that you can modify it to your scouting desires! [smile]

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: BF25 Position Ranking Spreadsheet

Posted: September 29, 2016, 5:51 PM Post
I have gotta try this. Awesome!

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: BF25 Position Ranking Spreadsheet

Posted: October 03, 2016, 9:38 AM Post
Global Moderator
FYI, if you try to download this from Google Docs, it seems that the formatting is messed up and the drop-downs don't work. I'm working on another delivery solution...

Quote   Reply 
 [ 3 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test