LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


Test
  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next  [ 396 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017 Minor League Transaction Thread

Author Message
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 11, 2017, 1:18 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 49833
Mass Haas said:
Thursday's Wisconsin Media Notes:

The Milwaukee Brewers have announced that RHP Rodrigo Benoit has been transferred from Helena to Wisconsin. LHP Cameron Roegner has been placed on the Wisconsin disabled list.

***

Hopefully just a paper move for Roegner.

The 23-year-old Benoit, in his 5th year in the system, reaches a full-season affiliate for the first time.


Matt Erickson provides the update on Cam.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 11, 2017, 3:05 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 49833
Biloxi Press Release --

Taylor Williams returns from the disabled list, Wendell Rijo transferred to Carolina
Williams has 47 strikeouts in 38.1 innings pitched this season for the Shuckers

Welcome back, Taylor, and the Mudcats really need a versatile infielder like Rijo at the moment, as catcher-turned-pitcher Parker Berberet had to play first base for the Mudcats Thursday.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 12, 2017, 7:00 AM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 49833
Getting word that RHP Milton Gomez has retired. Gomez missed all of 2016 (Tommy John surgery) and had yet to see the field in 2017. Technically he had been on Wisconsin's disabled list.

Gomez was the Brewers' highest-bonus international signing in 2010 at $350,000 at age 16.

Gomez began his pro career with two seasons in the Dominican Summer League, then two more in Maryvale, before beginning 2015 as a Timber Rattler, but was later dropped to Helena that summer.

I strongly suggest you review the Brewers' section of this March 2011 Baseball America (Ben Badler) article discussing the NL Central's international signings for the prior year. Notice the last player mentioned, almost as a footnote.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 12, 2017, 8:35 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 49833
Isan Diaz to the Carolina DL (bruised right hand, as per Tom Haudricourt).

***

RHP Chase Williams, who was technically on the Carolina DL all season and was pitching as of late in Arizona on a rehab stint, has been activated from the DL and placed on the formal Maryvale roster for now.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 12, 2017, 9:49 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 2125
Any details on what happened with Tyler Cravy? He pitched tonight.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 13, 2017, 2:56 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1229
Mass Haas said:
I strongly suggest you review the Brewers' section of this March 2011 Baseball America (Ben Badler) article discussing the NL Central's international signings for the prior year. Notice the last player mentioned, almost as a footnote.


No mention of defense other than "an average arm". Also a suggestion that he might end up at 2nd base, lol. A reminder that relying solely on the written word of another should never lead one to draw sweeping conclusions. Not a knock on Ben Badler, it's just shows you never know what years of growth can bear.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 13, 2017, 5:36 AM Post
Posts: 283
Brewer Fever said:
Mass Haas said:
I strongly suggest you review the Brewers' section of this March 2011 Baseball America (Ben Badler) article discussing the NL Central's international signings for the prior year. Notice the last player mentioned, almost as a footnote.


No mention of defense other than "an average arm". Also a suggestion that he might end up at 2nd base, lol. A reminder that relying solely on the written word of another should never lead one to draw sweeping conclusions. Not a knock on Ben Badler, it's just shows you never know what years of growth can bear.


That article also shows what a crapshoot those international signings are. 6 years later and I have never heard of most of those names, even the high priced signings. A few are big names (e.g. Carlos Martinez). Look at how many names are listed for the Cubs and I think only one is a prospect still (Candelerio) who was just traded for Wilson.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 13, 2017, 5:47 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 1229
ClosetBrewerFan said:
That article also shows what a crapshoot those international signings are. 6 years later and I have never heard of most of those names, even the high priced signings. A few are big names (e.g. Carlos Martinez). Look at how many names are listed for the Cubs and I think only one is a prospect still (Candelerio) who was just traded for Wilson.


Yep, it's a lottery. Might as well get as many tickets as you can


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 15, 2017, 2:49 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 49833
Catching up on recent transactions --

On Sunday, RHP Tim Dillard returned to the Colorado Springs roster from the Helena roster.

On Monday, RHP Bubba Derby was activated from the Helena roster in order to make his Sky Sox start. To make room, RHP Tristan Archer was placed on the Helena roster.

Also on Monday, catcher Dustin Houle was activated from the Biloxi DL, where he's been since July 13th. Losing his spot, placed on the DL retro to 8/10, was catcher A.J. Murray, still yet to make his AA debut. All those rainouts last week did him no favors.

From Monday's Rattler Radio Blog --

The Milwaukee Brewers have announced that C Mitch Ghelfi has been transferred to the Timber Rattlers from the Carolina Mudcats and that RHP Carlos Herrera has been activated from the Wisconsin disabled list. Both C Nathan Rodriguez and RHP Andrew Vernon have been placed on the Wisconsin DL.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 16, 2017, 6:18 AM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 49833
As noted in Tuesday's Link Report, 18-year-old LH-hitting Cuban signee 1B Ernesto Martinez has received a promotion from the DSL to the Arizona League.

I seem to remember reports that Martinez' English was fairly strong, so that likely played a factor (his .419 DSL OBP didn't hurt).

Also at Maryvale, 2017 7th round juco RHP Bowden Francis has been swapped out to the Wisconsin disabled list. Francis, 21, had made four appearances this summer, but his most recent (and best) was back on July 19th. No word on his actual injury status.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 16, 2017, 1:26 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 49833
Lewis Brinson (hamstring, out 4-6 weeks) is officially placed on the DL at AAA, and RHP Tristan Archer immediately returns from the Helena paper roster to backfill.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 16, 2017, 4:28 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 49833
Biloxi announces that RHP Hiram Burgos gets promoted to Colorado Springs, as we learned was the plan earlier this week. OF Tyrone Taylor (aggravation of previous hamstring injury) is activated from the Shuckers' DL.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 17, 2017, 3:49 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 49833
Noting SS Jean Carmona's jump from the DSL to Maryvale by copying some of Toby's Link Report text --

Another day, another surprise promotion from the DSL, another loss. As I said above, 17 year old bonus baby Jean Carmona was promoted stateside after a successful DSL campaign. Carmona had 18 errors (.919 FPCT) in the DSL. Carmona slashed .302/.406/.447 for the main DSL squad. In addition to the excellent OBP, his ISO of .145 was about 1.7 times DSL league average. So the 6'1, 183 pound switch hitter has some thump. The concept of a 17 year old Latin American signee playing in the AZL for the Brewers is somewhat novel, and encouraging. Then again, the same was said about Gilbert Lara.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 17, 2017, 3:53 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 49833
RHP Tim Dillard is removed from the Sky Sox roster for the 7th time this season, placed on the Helena paper roster.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 17, 2017, 4:01 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 49833
Mass Haas said:
RHP Tim Dillard is removed from the Sky Sox roster for the 7th time this season, placed on the Helena paper roster.


Technically, that move was to make room for RHP Hiram Burgos, up from Biloxi.

But lookie here.

If not a misplaced entry by one of the affiliates, RHP Corbin Burnes, who already skipped Wisconsin, is double-jumping from Carolina to Biloxi to Colorado Springs this year.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 17, 2017, 5:16 PM Post
Posts: 709
Mass Haas said:
Mass Haas said:
RHP Tim Dillard is removed from the Sky Sox roster for the 7th time this season, placed on the Helena paper roster.


Technically, that move was to make room for RHP Hiram Burgos, up from Biloxi.

But lookie here.

If not a misplaced entry by one of the affiliates, RHP Corbin Burnes, who already skipped Wisconsin, is double-jumping from Carolina to Biloxi to Colorado Springs this year.


Wow. Wasn't Burnes drafted last year?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 17, 2017, 5:49 PM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 5249
narwhalattack said:
Mass Haas said:
Mass Haas said:
RHP Tim Dillard is removed from the Sky Sox roster for the 7th time this season, placed on the Helena paper roster.


Technically, that move was to make room for RHP Hiram Burgos, up from Biloxi.

But lookie here.

If not a misplaced entry by one of the affiliates, RHP Corbin Burnes, who already skipped Wisconsin, is double-jumping from Carolina to Biloxi to Colorado Springs this year.


Wow. Wasn't Burnes drafted last year?

Yep. I wouldn't even be surprised if is put on the 40-man roster and brought up in September. DFAing Paolo Espino isn't going to crush anyone (except Paolo). Burnes might be a nice live arm for the rest of the season. They could still start him at AAA next year so he doesn't start his arby clock just yet, but the experience might be good for him - and he might help out.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 17, 2017, 9:22 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7983
Wilkerson and Jungmann pitching well could be other arms


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 18, 2017, 7:44 AM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 49833
Brewers reach into the independent ranks after Lewis Brinson's injury, sign veteran speedster OF Quintin Berry (career stats).

This will aid the organization on a few fronts -- pick up AB's for the AAA club through the end of the Sky Sox regular season, cover for September call-ups after September 1st and for Colorado Springs' run in the Pacific Coast League playoffs, and potentially add a pinch-runner element for the big league club for September or even the postseason.

The now 32-year-old Berry was added to playoff team rosters with Detroit in 2012 and Boston in 2013 (specifically for that pinch-running purpose with the Red Sox). We had recently mentioned here that Biloxi's Johnny Davis could potentially be added to the 40-man roster as of September 1st for that reason as well.

Also, listen if you haven't already --

Mass Haas said:
AUDIO via last Friday's Colorado Springs Pre-Game: Manager Rick Sweet

Very interesting topic -- the dynamic of AAA rosters for the playoffs




Here's the Atlantic League press release on the signing.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread
Posted: August 18, 2017, 10:41 AM Post
Posts: 4322
Todd Rosiak‏Verified account @Todd_Rosiak 54s54 seconds ago
More
I’ve been told that RHP Corbin Burnes will remain at Class AA Biloxi. News that he was promoted to Class AAA Colorado Springs is erroneous.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next  [ 396 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: wibadgers23 and 3 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test