LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 109 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017 Minor League Transaction Thread

Offline  2017 Minor League Transaction Thread

Posted: April 06, 2017, 3:26 AM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
All the 2016-2017 Offseason Transactions were detailed in this thread.

Today the four full-season affiliates need to get down to 25-man active roster status.

We'll work on finding out about several farmhands who would normally be on a full-season team but aren't listed at all currently. We'll probably learn of some injuries or perhaps releases (hopefully minimal) at some point.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread

Posted: April 06, 2017, 3:02 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
RHPs Tyler Spurlin and Angel Ventura, and C Natanael Mejia have all been assigned to Helena off of the Biloxi roster in order to get that roster down to the 25-man limit. Ventura has been listed as the Shuckers' 5th starter, so he'll be "back from Helena" by next Monday.

RHPs Adrian Houser and Jorge Ortega have been placed on the Shuckers' DL.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2017, 3:10 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
In order to get down to 25 in Wisconsin, C Yoel Vasquez, OF Caleb Whalen, and RHP Dalton Brown have been assigned to Helena.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2017, 3:25 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Next up, Carolina has sent RHP Wuilder Rodriguez and C Cooper Hummel to Helena to begin the season. And of course by Helena, we mean just not on the active roster.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2017, 3:39 PM Post

Global Moderator
And That said:
RHPs Tyler Spurlin and Angel Ventura, and C Natanael Mejia have all been assigned to Helena off of the Biloxi roster in order to get that roster down to the 25-man limit. Ventura has been listed as the Shuckers' 5th starter, so he'll be "back from Helena" by next Monday.

If you're wondering, Travelocity tells us that a one-way trip from Biloxi to Helena can be had for about $1,025, involving three flights and just over 12 hours of travel time [wink].

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 07, 2017, 6:01 PM Post

Global Moderator
This has a chance to be a nice feel-good story.

Brewers have signed Janesville-born undrafted catcher Charlie Meyer, who played college ball at the University of Wisconsin-Stout.

The right-handed bat Meyer turned 24 last January, for now he's in extended spring training, assigned to the Maryvale roster.

Best we can tell, Meyer completed his college career in 2015 and did not play in 2016.

Hopefully we get the backstory behind the signing.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 07, 2017, 10:00 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Taylor Jungmann has officially been assigned to the Biloxi roster. They'll have to make a move, which likely means sending a pitcher off of the active roster, when he reports and is ready to pitch.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 09, 2017, 3:21 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Dalton Brown transferred onto the Wisconsin active roster from Helena prior to today's game. Zack Brown taken off of the Wisconsin roster.

Not able to listen into the game today so I hope this is just a standard "Helena move" to temporarily get an extra arm on the roster.

Wisconsin's Brown pitching roster count remains at two.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2017, 9:09 AM Post
And That said:
Dalton Brown transferred onto the Wisconsin active roster from Helena prior to today's game. Zack Brown taken off of the Wisconsin roster.

Not able to listen into the game today so I hope this is just a standard "Helena move" to temporarily get an extra arm on the roster.

Wisconsin's Brown pitching roster count remains at two.

Dalton did not look very promising yesterday, but then again, none of the WI pitchers fared very well in that 11-18 pounding... Ugly game defensively and the pitching was pretty bad.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2017, 11:25 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Michael Blazek has cleared waivers and been assigned outright to Colorado Springs.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2017, 2:17 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Mass Haas said:
Brewers have signed Janesville-born undrafted catcher Charlie Meyer, who played college ball at the University of Wisconsin-Stout.

Via the Brewers PD Twitter account, the Brewers have also signed catcher Kevin Martir, and assigned him to extended spring training. Martir was an 18th round pick of the Astros in 2015, so perhaps Stearns was familiar with him. He was released by the Astros during the last week of March.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2017, 3:59 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Tristan Archer has been promoted to Colorado Springs to make room for Angel Ventura on the Biloxi active roster.

The Sky Sox will need to make a move to get back down to 25 players. It's possible Blazek hasn't re-reported yet, so that move may not need to happen right away.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2017, 4:56 PM Post
Archer's flight to Memphis was a short one.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 11, 2017, 3:29 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Per Brewers PD, Gabriel Noriega has been Helena'd off of the Sky Sox roster. With the arrival of Archer and Blazek, a spot needed to be opened up and the Brewers decided Noriega, one of five utility-types on the roster, would be the guy to go. The Sky Sox are now back at the customary 13 pitcher/12 position player setup the Brewers usually use in the minors.

And Deymar Alvarado, a 19 year old right handed pitcher from Panama, has been released. He pitched in the DSL each of the past two seasons.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2017, 10:11 AM Post
does anyone know if josh uhen got hurt at the end of spring training?...when i was down in az this spring i asked a few coaches about him and they all had very good things to say about him...i cant find any link to him ....i would rather he be with the shuckers instead of snow or the skysox instead of kolchien...or how ever u spell his name

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2017, 1:22 PM Post

Global Moderator
packer822 said:
does anyone know if josh uhen got hurt at the end of spring training?...when i was down in az this spring i asked a few coaches about him and they all had very good things to say about him...i cant find any link to him

I've inquired about Uhen and LHP Andy Oliver, who I believe are the only two players officially in "where are they?" status now that Baseball America posted the official disabled lists at the full-season affiliates today. I hope to have an answer on them soon.

DL's:

Colorado Springs (AAA): RHP Yhonathan Barrios | LHP Sean Nolin
Biloxi (AA): RHP Adrian Houser | RHP Jorge Ortega
Wisconsin (Lo A): RHP Josh Pennington | 2B Fidel Pena

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2017, 2:17 PM Post
thanks....i just dont want to bother josh myself....but if it comes to it i will message him

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2017, 3:27 PM Post

Global Moderator
Via @BrewersPD: IF Blake Allemand placed on Biloxi DL retro to 4/10. LHP Jake Drossner placed on the WIS DL today. RHP Andrew Vernon promoted to Wisconsin.

We helped introduce you to Vernon during the offseason.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 13, 2017, 10:15 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Kind of a phantom transaction, but the Shuckers needed to make a roster move (Allemand) to get Taylor Jungmann activated once he reported.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 13, 2017, 10:18 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Between Diplan's sudden start, Zack Brown's sudden departure, and Drossner's DLing, wonder if Pennington or Kirby get activated soon for Wisconsin.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next  [ 109 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test