LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next  [ 397 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

2017 Minor League Transaction Thread

Offline  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread

Posted: April 13, 2017, 10:29 AM Post
And That said:
Between Diplan's sudden start, Zack Brown's sudden departure, and Drossner's DLing, wonder if Pennington or Kirby get activated soon for Wisconsin.

Drossner was talking to a guy sitting next to me last night at the T-Rats game, and it sounded like he will only miss one start. That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing Pennington and/or Kirby activated since Diplan had a rough night.

Posted: April 13, 2017, 8:34 PM Post
Global Moderator
News from the Brewers tonight: RHP Damien Magnifico has been traded to Baltimore in exchange for International Signing Bonus Slot #15.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Posted: April 14, 2017, 7:38 PM Post
Parker Berberet now showing up on Wisconsin's roster. Listed as catcher, but will be pitching

Online  Re: 2017 Minor League Transaction Thread

Posted: April 14, 2017, 9:06 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
zagski6 said:
Parker Berberet now showing up on Wisconsin's roster. Listed as catcher, but will be pitching

Thanks for catching that. Corresponding move is Dalton Brown to the 7-day DL.

Posted: April 15, 2017, 9:12 PM Post
Adam Weisenburger joins the rest of the 3rd string catchers in "Helena".

Posted: April 16, 2017, 7:09 AM Post
Ray has been added to Carolina roster. Brandon Diaz to the DL.

Posted: April 16, 2017, 7:16 AM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
24-year-old Dominican RHP Wuilder Rodriguez, alate-age signee in only his third pro season, skips Wisconsin on his way to Carolina, as RHP Jordan Yamamoto goes on the DL with what is hopefully a minor injury.

Posted: April 16, 2017, 7:37 AM Post

Global Moderator
From our Draft and International Forum --

Brewers just posted to their DSL roster page a player inked during last summer's signing period (this was official as of July 5th), 17-year-old Venezuelan catcher Jose Romero. He'll turn 18 in November.

Don't confuse this Jose Romero with the 19-year-old Dominican RHP Jose Romero who the Brewers list on their restricted list and has yet to pitch since signing July of 2016.

And yes, the Brewers did have a LHP named Jose Romero in their system between 2005 and 2009.

Posted: April 18, 2017, 8:45 PM Post

Global Moderator
Via the Sky Sox --

The Colorado Springs Sky Sox and the Milwaukee Brewers have announced that INF Nick Noonan has been placed on the disabled list retroactive to April 16th. In a corresponding move, INF Gabriel Noriega has been transferred from Rookie Helena to Colorado Springs. Roster at 25.

Posted: April 20, 2017, 3:48 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Tim Dillard has been placed on the Sky Sox' DL, retroactive to 4/18. David Goforth has been activated after clearing waivers and accepting his assignment.

Posted: April 21, 2017, 4:41 PM Post

Global Moderator
Brewers have assigned LHP Andy Oliver to Colorado Springs Extended Spring Training; Oliver was in big league spring camp as a non-roster invitee.

Posted: April 21, 2017, 5:20 PM Post

Global Moderator
Brewers have signed 26-year-old LH reliever Chris Nunn, a Padres farmhand in the 2012-2015 seasons.

His own tweet announces the news.

All 176 of the southpaw's pro appearances have been out of the pen.

From a spring 2016 report just prior to his San Diego release --

"Chris Nunn continues to demonstrate he has the stuff to be a fantastic pen option. The long-armed lefty, who comes from a high three-quarters slot, works easily in the mid-90s and his movement makes him a tough match-up."

Nunn, a Tennessee native, was drafted in the 24th round in 2012 out of Lipscomb University.

Nunn did not pitch in 2016, but he tweeted the following last September --

"Hey guys. I have fractured my face and will likely be having surgery tonight. Say a quick prayer if you can. Thank you. Love y'all."

"Thank you everyone for the prayers and support. The surgery was more involved than expected but I should regain full vision in my right eye. I was told there is a chance I would lose my right eye, so a full recovery is a Godsend. What a wake up call. Counting my blessings."

For the time being, Nunn, who briefly reached AA in 2015, has been assigned to extended spring training in Maryvale.

Posted: April 22, 2017, 5:52 AM Post

Global Moderator
packer822 said:
does anyone know if josh uhen got hurt at the end of spring training?...when i was down in az this spring i asked a few coaches about him and they all had very good things to say about him...i cant find any link to him

Learned that Uhen is rehabbing a minor non-arm injury, and is working off a mound in extended spring, so we should see him with an affiliate before too long. Patience...

Posted: April 22, 2017, 5:55 AM Post
Any news on Uhen yet? What about Rincon, Owenby, C. Trent, Salas, and Grist? I have not seen them on a roster yet. Are Burkhalter and Kirby still in Arizona rehabbing?

Posted: April 24, 2017, 8:57 AM Post

Global Moderator
Mass Haas said:
Brewers have signed 26-year-old LH reliever Chris Nunn, a Padres farmhand in the 2012-2015 seasons.

His own tweet announces the news.

All 176 of the southpaw's pro appearances have been out of the pen.

From a spring 2016 report just prior to his San Diego release --

"Chris Nunn continues to demonstrate he has the stuff to be a fantastic pen option. The long-armed lefty, who comes from a high three-quarters slot, works easily in the mid-90s and his movement makes him a tough match-up."

Nunn, a Tennessee native, was drafted in the 24th round in 2012 out of Lipscomb University.

Nunn did not pitch in 2016, but he tweeted the following last September --

"Hey guys. I have fractured my face and will likely be having surgery tonight. Say a quick prayer if you can. Thank you. Love y'all."

"Thank you everyone for the prayers and support. The surgery was more involved than expected but I should regain full vision in my right eye. I was told there is a chance I would lose my right eye, so a full recovery is a Godsend. What a wake up call. Counting my blessings."

For the time being, Nunn, who briefly reached AA in 2015, has been assigned to extended spring training in Maryvale.

Kyle at BrewCrewBall followed up nicely on this by reaching out to Nunn and getting much of his backstory. Read it all here, love it when the Brewer webisphere goes the extra effort.

Posted: April 24, 2017, 9:00 AM Post

Global Moderator
ClosetBrewerFan said:
Any news on Uhen yet? What about Rincon, Owenby, C. Trent, Salas, and Grist? I have not seen them on a roster yet. Are Burkhalter and Kirby still in Arizona rehabbing?

Hopefully you saw the Uhen response above, amazingly was posted just three minutes prior to your inquiry. Nothing to report on the others but to say they are all still within the organization, and likely all rehabbing an unreported injury of some extent.

Posted: April 24, 2017, 11:37 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
The Sky Sox will need to make a roster move once Nieuwenhuis reports.

Posted: April 24, 2017, 12:04 PM Post

Global Moderator
And That said:
The Sky Sox will need to make a roster move once Nieuwenhuis reports.

When Brent Suter does, too -- currently at 13 vs. 12 pitcher/position split, as is each of the four affiliates.

Posted: April 24, 2017, 3:43 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
RHP Josh Uhen assigned to Biloxi from extended spring training. RHP Aaron Wilkerson placed on Biloxi's temporary inactive list.

Posted: April 25, 2017, 3:52 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
RHP Tristan Archer has been transferred from Colorado Springs to Biloxi. He takes the place of RHP Preston Gainey, who goes on Biloxi's 7-day DL.

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next  [ 397 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test