LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 87 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

BF.net Fan Community Top 25 Prospects - 2017 Pre-Season Edition

Offline  Re: BF.net Fan Community Top 25 Prospects - 2017 Pre-Season Edition

Posted: May 05, 2017, 3:06 AM Post
Will Gideon go from #4 on one guy's list to completely off his list by the time of the next vote? Silly ranking being proven silly

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 05, 2017, 7:48 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Gideon's bat speed is not good. He will hit some home runs this year, but expecting a batting average over .260-.270 is probably unrealistic, especially as he moves up the chain. And that's compounded by his reluctance to take walks.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 05, 2017, 9:21 AM Post
Brewer Fever said:
Will Gideon go from #4 on one guy's list to completely off his list by the time of the next vote? Silly ranking being proven silly

Well it is a community ranking and the more people that vote I think the better the list. As has been seen in the past a guy can be ranked #1 by an individual and still not end up in our top 25 so overall we still do a real good job as a whole.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 07, 2017, 7:58 PM Post
I know this is reactionary based on a month and obviously not official, but if I had to update my top 10 Brewer prospects today based on what we've seen so far this season, I'd go

1) Brinson
2) Woodruff
3) Diaz
4) Hader
5) Ray
6) Phillips
7) Cordell
8) Lopez
9) Ortiz
10) Clark

Exciting thing is I think 6 of these guys at least could come in and be effective big leaguers right now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2017, 1:35 PM Post
It's certainly a lot more fun to watch the Minor League box scores so far this season than it was last season.

To be sure, there are quite a few clunkers out there (Gilbert Lara and Jacob Nottingham UGH), but pitching throughout the organization has been pretty exceptional and there have been quite a few great success stories up to this point in the CS/Carolina lineups.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2017, 3:30 PM Post
adambr2 said:
I know this is reactionary based on a month and obviously not official, but if I had to update my top 10 Brewer prospects today based on what we've seen so far this season, I'd go

1) Brinson
2) Woodruff
3) Diaz
4) Hader
5) Ray
6) Phillips
7) Cordell
8) Lopez
9) Ortiz
10) Clark

Exciting thing is I think 6 of these guys at least could come in and be effective big leaguers right now.

Not too bad at all, if anything I would take Lopez out and put Gatewood at #10, if we're going by results so far this season. I still think Erceg will really come on, and one of the younger pitchers will be making a bid for that Top 10 list as well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 7:37 AM Post
Updated BA top 100

87) Isan Diaz
74) Brandon Woodruff
73) Luis Ortiz
36) Corey Ray
31) Josh Hader
20) Lewis Brinson

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 8:04 AM Post
If Gatewood was still at SS or maybe even 3rd do you think his start would have been enough to get him into BAs top 100?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 8:08 AM Post
No. It's been less than 150 at bats so far. I think given the lack of success up until this year, he is going to need to do this the entire year to get that recognition. I also highly doubt that BA is going to make any dramatic changes in their list until mid season and that should be the case. No need to overreact to what amounts to a small sample. I think this was a move to clear out folks that had graduated off the list.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 10:37 AM Post
Hmm.. I thought we might have a few higher or even more in the top 100.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 12, 2017, 10:18 PM Post
Global Moderator
Oliver Drake has passed the 50 inning mark - thus making him ineligible for our next Prospect Poll.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 22, 2017, 9:27 AM Post
Biggest risers on my list through nearly 2 months: Burnes who has to be nearing the top 10, and Gatewood.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2017, 6:38 PM Post
Biggest risers I think will be Feliciano (many, myself included, didn't have him in their top 25), Supak (same - many, myself included, didn't have him in), Burnes, and Gatewood.

Biggest drop will be Lara, Ray, and Clark (the latter two because they were so high up the list and have nowhere to go but down).

Barnes is 2 IP from graduating. We can only hope that the Brewers call up Suter and that he gets 21 IP soon. Real soon.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2017, 7:09 PM Post
LouisEly said:
Biggest risers I think will be Feliciano (many, myself included, didn't have him in their top 25), Supak (same - many, myself included, didn't have him in), Burnes, and Gatewood.

Biggest drop will be Lara, Ray, and Clark (the latter two because they were so high up the list and have nowhere to go but down).

Barnes is 2 IP from graduating. We can only hope that the Brewers call up Suter and that he gets 21 IP soon. Real soon.

21 IP yet? In that case, I expect to see him atop, ahem, at least 2-3 more consecutive ranking lists.

I will say I think relievers are perennially underrated on prospect lists, just don't think Suter is that guy. But Barnes was one of them. Like Taylor Williams for instance isn't even a pipeline top 30 for the Brewers which seems insane.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2017, 8:03 PM Post
Fun fact, Suter has more flights between Milwaukee and CS than innings pitched. I don't see Ray or even Clark dropping much, but Erceg will. Lots of guys doing just enough. Hope to see my "Suter" make it next poll, Dustin Houle.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 25, 2017, 9:54 AM Post
I think Williams isn't on the list because of TJ, and you just don't know how he'll bounce back from that, plus his age was a concern. After his performance so far, if he can keep that up I'm sure there will be a lot of yeast to his rankings by the end of the season.

Hoping Burnes can put together a Woodruff-like year between A+ and AA this year and find a spot in the top 10 by 2018.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 25, 2017, 10:15 AM Post
http://reviewingthebrew.com/2017/05/24/ ... mez-trade/

Saw this link on another site and found interesting

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 30, 2017, 7:59 AM Post
Global Moderator
Jacob Barnes is now over 50 IP in his career - so he is ineligible as a prospect going forward.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 08, 2017, 8:34 PM Post
Brewer Fever said:

I was impressed by the numbers he posted in his first year of pro ball. He struggled this year, but in his 11 games prior to today, he's posted a 1.008 OPS, and he added a homer and double today before the rain delay.

He had a rough stretch from April 12 to May 19.

He may need to adjust to full-season ball, but I don't think his numbers last year were a fluke. I'm not sure when the next vote is, but he could still be in the top ten if he keeps hitting like he has been the last 12 games.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 09, 2017, 6:52 AM Post
Greenleaf1 said:
Lots of fun so far this year to watch the minor league teams. They've hit their bad streaks (sucks to see Erceg struggling) but for every player underperforming right now it seems like there are 2 others who are doing great.

That AAA outfield in particular has been a real source of joy watching the box scores every day.

Gotta say, I don't see it that way. Another pretty disappointing year. Burnes and Supak are nice "surprises" but way too many top prospects under-performing. Ray, Diaz, Erceg, Clark not breaking out. Diplan hasn't been special repeating in A+. Nottingham and Coulter not bouncing back in a big way. Woodruff has been rocked a couple times, Hader hasn't been dominant by any measure.

Some of this has to do with pitching environment in CS, but overall not the results I was hoping for, especially for the top 10ish guys. But a few of those guys are coming on lately, long way to go so there's time for these guys to turn it on.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  [ 87 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test