LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 29 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Link Report for Wednesday 5/17 - Yet Another Matinee (Colorado Springs)

Offline  Re: Link Report for Wednesday 5/17 - Yet Another Matinee (Colorado Springs)

Posted: May 18, 2017, 6:08 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Jankins Tosses a Gem as Rattlers Beat Clinton 2-1
Morrison homers and Jankins goes 7-2/3 for the win
By Chris Mehring / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

(Photo: Wisconsin Timber Rattlers)

Wisconsin Boxscore

Back to .500 again as the offense was once again quiet, but the pitching was even quieter. Tom Jankins posted the longest start in the Brewers organization this year, going 7 2/3 innings. He allowed a run on 4 hits, 2 walks, and he struck out 5 batters. When Jankins is on, he gets ground balls, and get ground balls he did, recording 14 ground ball outs against 1 fly ball out. Dan Brown picked up a save for his second appearance in a row, logging the final 1 1/3 inning, whilst notching two strikeouts and issuing a walk.

No Rattler had more than one hit, though Trever Morrison made his a good one. In his return to the active roster, Morrison knocked his first career home run. Demi Orimoloye also had one hit, a single, but managed to walk twice as well. Tucker Neuhaus drove in the other run on a sac fly in the 6th. Nathan Rodriguez, while hitless, did record to excellent defensive plays to end innings and preserve the win.

Wisconsin Game Log

Rodriguez #1:

Clinton Top of the 7th
Anthony Jimenez strikes out swinging.
Yojhan Quevedo grounds out, pitcher Thomas Jankins to first baseman Ryan Aguilar.
Dimas Ojeda singles on a line drive to center fielder Monte Harrison.
With Kristian Brito batting, throwing error by Thomas Jankins on the pickoff attempt, Dimas Ojeda to 2nd.
With Kristian Brito batting, Nathan Rodriguez picks off Dimas Ojeda at 2nd on throw to Tucker Neuhaus.

Rodriguez #2 (this was on a wild pitch):

Clinton Top of the 9th
Luis Rengifo strikes out on a foul tip.
Bryson Brigman strikes out swinging.
Nick Zammarelli walks.
Nick Zammarelli out at 2nd, catcher Nathan Rodriguez to second baseman Tucker Neuhaus.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Link Report for Wednesday 5/17 - Yet Another Matinee (Colorado Springs)

Posted: May 18, 2017, 6:22 AM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator

AUDIO via the Rattler Radio Soundcloud: "Trever Morrison, Thomas Jankins, and Matt Erickson are interviewed after the Rattlers 2-1 win over the Clinton LumberKings on Thursday night. Jon Feyen fills in for Kyle Lobner and joins Chris Mehring to discuss the Rattlers win."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 18, 2017, 6:48 AM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
VIDEOS: @BrewerProspect Twitter timeline

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 18, 2017, 8:51 AM Post
Tristan Archer has been pretty darn impressive this year. I wonder if he'll eventually get a shot w/ the Brewers bullpen.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 18, 2017, 10:38 AM Post
I've been assuming they had him at AA because they don't like how his stuff plays in the thin air. Maybe that's wrong; he isn't a high priority. But I think Stearns has said that they're thinking about atmospheric effects in placing pitchers at AA or AAA. It may be more likely that Wilkerson gets promoted directly from AA to the majors if they decide to give him a shot, which I'd love to see.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 18, 2017, 10:57 AM Post
Medeiros ran out of gas, but was dominating a RH-heavy lineup (7 of 9 hitters). The last inning was a ERA buster, but he is at least back on the prospect map even if he is trending toward matchup reliever.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 18, 2017, 11:07 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
I missed Medeiros' last inning, which seems fortunate, but watched almost all of the rest of his outing. His fastball command was as good as I've ever seen it, and he's back up into the high 90s again after dipping last season. Still not incredibly impressed with his breaking ball, which I've seen variously referred to as a curve or a slider (I think it's a curve that breaks more like a slider due to arm angle), and his change up still has a ways to go as well. But man, it was exciting to see how well he was pitching last night.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 18, 2017, 11:08 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
gregmag said:
I've been assuming they had him at AA because they don't like how his stuff plays in the thin air.

I am nearly positive this is correct. He pitched well in AAA for the Brewers last year, but didn't have the results to back it up. He kind of is what he is as a pitcher, so I don't think it makes a big difference between AA and AAA for him.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 18, 2017, 7:41 PM Post
Unless I missed it, nobody mentioned another perfect day for the organization. I believe that is number 4 already.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 29 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test