LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


Test
  
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 40 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox

Author Message
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#21

Posted: April 07, 2018, 8:07 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7166
reillymcshane said:
BestInTheWorld said:
I thought Dillard made the Sox roster? Now I dont see him.

Dillard often gets moved around - going from the active roster to the IR. I'm guessing they just don't have a spot right now so they are doing some roster voodoo.


Ya. I followed his roster movements a lot last year. He spent a lot of time on the Helena roster for not playing a single game for them.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#22

Posted: April 08, 2018, 1:23 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 75
Holy cow I didn't realize how damn long Tim Dillard had been with us. 17 years...


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#23

Posted: April 09, 2018, 1:26 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 771
In honor of Brett Phillips' return to the Majors, a look at his AAA stat line so far this year:

.143/.571/.429

He's hitting 1-for-7 with 7 WALKS!!! 4 strikeouts and his 1 hit is a triple.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#24

Posted: April 09, 2018, 2:07 PM Post
Posts: 11
Greenleaf1 said:
In honor of Brett Phillips' return to the Majors, a look at his AAA stat line so far this year:

.143/.571/.429

He's hitting 1-for-7 with 7 WALKS!!! 4 strikeouts and his 1 hit is a triple.



Surprised he jumped Keon


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#25

Posted: April 09, 2018, 3:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2058
YungTeeler said:
Greenleaf1 said:
In honor of Brett Phillips' return to the Majors, a look at his AAA stat line so far this year:

.143/.571/.429

He's hitting 1-for-7 with 7 WALKS!!! 4 strikeouts and his 1 hit is a triple.



Surprised he jumped Keon


I'm not. Keon can only play CF apparently, and Cain has been durable. Phillips is great defensively anywhere out there.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#26

Posted: April 10, 2018, 5:06 AM Post
User avatar
Global Moderator
Posts: 3020
Several photos from the Sky Sox opening series posted on the flickr page of Minda Haas Kuhlman (including much higher resolution options):

Image

Image

Image

Image


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#27

Posted: April 18, 2018, 12:01 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 51357
Story has been shared in prior years, but still a fine read with new quotes --

Johnny Davis is baseball’s biggest underdog story
by Bobby DeMuro



 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#28

Posted: April 18, 2018, 1:08 PM Post
Posts: 12501
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
YungTeeler said:
Greenleaf1 said:
In honor of Brett Phillips' return to the Majors, a look at his AAA stat line so far this year:

.143/.571/.429

He's hitting 1-for-7 with 7 WALKS!!! 4 strikeouts and his 1 hit is a triple.



Surprised he jumped Keon


I'm not. Keon can only play CF apparently, and Cain has been durable. Phillips is great defensively anywhere out there.


Are we sure Keon can't play the corners? That seems strange to me. I hear of a lot of corner OFs that can't play CF but not usually the other way around.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#29

Posted: April 18, 2018, 2:34 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2058
adambr2 said:
Are we sure Keon can't play the corners? That seems strange to me. I hear of a lot of corner OFs that can't play CF but not usually the other way around.


That was just relaying what someone else here told me in spring training when I wondered the same thing. I mean, he's definitely athletic enough. Perhaps it's an angle thing?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#30

Posted: April 18, 2018, 2:36 PM Post
User avatar

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Posts: 11378
I don't think it's a matter of whether or not Broxton can play the corners - relatively sure he can - it's that when he's in the game, he's the best defensive CF on the field so it makes the most sense to play him there.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#31

Posted: April 22, 2018, 5:15 AM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 51357
New quotes from Bubba Derby within. He's a notable news source in these road locales (New Orleans here), and is doing an amazing job of balancing the interview process while keeping his eye on his big league goal, pitching very well.

Vegas shooting never far from Bubba Derby's mind
Darrell Williams, New Orleans Advocate


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#32

Posted: May 08, 2018, 1:49 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 51357
Tyrone Taylor is Requesting Reinstatement on Your Prospect Lists
by Noah Nofz, BP Milwaukee


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#33

Posted: May 11, 2018, 8:19 AM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 51357
VIDEO via KRDO in Colorado Springs: Bubba Derby on "58 Strong", his commitment to the Las Vegas victims


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#34

Posted: May 24, 2018, 1:10 PM Post
Posts: 507
Purple Mays Haze
3:05 Best example of 70/80 hit tool but 20 run and field in the minors right now?
Eric A Longenhagen
3:07 Hmmm, that's tough. Maybe Nate Orf? I don't think he's a 2 runner or anything but I think he hits a ton and that's kinda it.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#35

Posted: June 08, 2018, 2:23 PM Post
User avatar

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Posts: 51357
Multiple video interview links, quotes, and details from Corbin Burnes Fresno / Bakersfield homecoming --

Corbin Burnes looks to find stride, and a Major League call-up
Teddy Feinberg, Bakersfield.com

"In the fourth, fifth inning finally settled in. Throw some good, quality pitches. Really, for the first time all season really felt relaxed out there. Felt like I did last year.”


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#36

Posted: June 11, 2018, 12:39 PM Post
Posts: 1430
Big opening at 1B now, right? I assume Miller plays SS to get some time in there.

I see Bandy played 1B yesterday. Thats one way of Nottingham and Bandy getting at bats, but keeping them fresh.

Outside of the box, has Wren ever played any infield ever? We know what he is as an OFer by now. Could check a box on the resume if he were able to scoop grounders and throws and be able to play some 1B now. Make more valuable as bench player.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#37

Posted: June 11, 2018, 5:11 PM Post
Posts: 621
Roderick said:
Big opening at 1B now, right? I assume Miller plays SS to get some time in there.

I see Bandy played 1B yesterday. Thats one way of Nottingham and Bandy getting at bats, but keeping them fresh.

Outside of the box, has Wren ever played any infield ever? We know what he is as an OFer by now. Could check a box on the resume if he were able to scoop grounders and throws and be able to play some 1B now. Make more valuable as bench player.


Bring up Nick Ramirez and he can play 1st and pitch out of the pen.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#38

Posted: June 13, 2018, 6:25 AM Post
Posts: 1430
Mr Southpaw said:
Roderick said:
Big opening at 1B now, right? I assume Miller plays SS to get some time in there.

I see Bandy played 1B yesterday. Thats one way of Nottingham and Bandy getting at bats, but keeping them fresh.

Outside of the box, has Wren ever played any infield ever? We know what he is as an OFer by now. Could check a box on the resume if he were able to scoop grounders and throws and be able to play some 1B now. Make more valuable as bench player.


Bring up Nick Ramirez and he can play 1st and pitch out of the pen.


Why is Ramirez not up to AAA? I thought maybe AA is short of pen arms, but I don't see that to be the case. I know you need to save room for the guys that you can treat like a rented mule (Dillard, Zagurski), but it would seem you could find room for him. Unless Ramirez has been playing so long for Biloxi that he is the mayor now, he has been there four straight years now.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#39

Posted: June 13, 2018, 7:08 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 7166
Roderick said:
Mr Southpaw said:
Roderick said:
Big opening at 1B now, right? I assume Miller plays SS to get some time in there.

I see Bandy played 1B yesterday. Thats one way of Nottingham and Bandy getting at bats, but keeping them fresh.

Outside of the box, has Wren ever played any infield ever? We know what he is as an OFer by now. Could check a box on the resume if he were able to scoop grounders and throws and be able to play some 1B now. Make more valuable as bench player.


Bring up Nick Ramirez and he can play 1st and pitch out of the pen.


Why is Ramirez not up to AAA? I thought maybe AA is short of pen arms, but I don't see that to be the case. I know you need to save room for the guys that you can treat like a rented mule (Dillard, Zagurski), but it would seem you could find room for him. Unless Ramirez has been playing so long for Biloxi that he is the mayor now, he has been there four straight years now.


Ya, I kind of assumed he was in Colorado Springs too. Makes you wonder if the organization doesn't see anything in him. They did let him become a minor league free agent last year but he did resign eventually.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox
#40

Posted: June 13, 2018, 7:23 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 2058
Roderick said:
Mr Southpaw said:
Roderick said:
Big opening at 1B now, right? I assume Miller plays SS to get some time in there.

I see Bandy played 1B yesterday. Thats one way of Nottingham and Bandy getting at bats, but keeping them fresh.

Outside of the box, has Wren ever played any infield ever? We know what he is as an OFer by now. Could check a box on the resume if he were able to scoop grounders and throws and be able to play some 1B now. Make more valuable as bench player.


Bring up Nick Ramirez and he can play 1st and pitch out of the pen.


Why is Ramirez not up to AAA? I thought maybe AA is short of pen arms, but I don't see that to be the case. I know you need to save room for the guys that you can treat like a rented mule (Dillard, Zagurski), but it would seem you could find room for him. Unless Ramirez has been playing so long for Biloxi that he is the mayor now, he has been there four straight years now.


Could be that the organization doesn't figure Ramirez's stuff would work well in Colorado. We've seen plenty of pitchers get knocked around there.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 40 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bnowell4evr and 6 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test