LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 40 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox

Offline  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox

Posted: April 07, 2018, 8:07 AM Post
reillymcshane said:
BestInTheWorld said:
I thought Dillard made the Sox roster? Now I dont see him.

Dillard often gets moved around - going from the active roster to the IR. I'm guessing they just don't have a spot right now so they are doing some roster voodoo.

Ya. I followed his roster movements a lot last year. He spent a lot of time on the Helena roster for not playing a single game for them.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 08, 2018, 1:23 AM Post
Holy cow I didn't realize how damn long Tim Dillard had been with us. 17 years...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 09, 2018, 1:26 PM Post
In honor of Brett Phillips' return to the Majors, a look at his AAA stat line so far this year:

.143/.571/.429

He's hitting 1-for-7 with 7 WALKS!!! 4 strikeouts and his 1 hit is a triple.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 09, 2018, 2:07 PM Post
Greenleaf1 said:
In honor of Brett Phillips' return to the Majors, a look at his AAA stat line so far this year:

.143/.571/.429

Surprised he jumped Keon

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 09, 2018, 3:34 PM Post
YungTeeler said:
Greenleaf1 said:

.143/.571/.429

Surprised he jumped Keon

I'm not. Keon can only play CF apparently, and Cain has been durable. Phillips is great defensively anywhere out there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 10, 2018, 5:06 AM Post
Global Moderator
Several photos from the Sky Sox opening series posted on the flickr page of Minda Haas Kuhlman (including much higher resolution options):

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 18, 2018, 12:01 PM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Story has been shared in prior years, but still a fine read with new quotes --

Johnny Davis is baseball’s biggest underdog story
by Bobby DeMuro

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Your 2018 Colorado Springs Sky Sox

Posted: April 18, 2018, 1:08 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
YungTeeler said:
Greenleaf1 said:

.143/.571/.429

Surprised he jumped Keon

I'm not. Keon can only play CF apparently, and Cain has been durable. Phillips is great defensively anywhere out there.

Are we sure Keon can't play the corners? That seems strange to me. I hear of a lot of corner OFs that can't play CF but not usually the other way around.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 18, 2018, 2:34 PM Post
adambr2 said:
Are we sure Keon can't play the corners? That seems strange to me. I hear of a lot of corner OFs that can't play CF but not usually the other way around.

That was just relaying what someone else here told me in spring training when I wondered the same thing. I mean, he's definitely athletic enough. Perhaps it's an angle thing?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 18, 2018, 2:36 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
I don't think it's a matter of whether or not Broxton can play the corners - relatively sure he can - it's that when he's in the game, he's the best defensive CF on the field so it makes the most sense to play him there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 22, 2018, 5:15 AM Post

Global Moderator
New quotes from Bubba Derby within. He's a notable news source in these road locales (New Orleans here), and is doing an amazing job of balancing the interview process while keeping his eye on his big league goal, pitching very well.

Vegas shooting never far from Bubba Derby's mind
Darrell Williams, New Orleans Advocate

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 08, 2018, 1:49 PM Post

Global Moderator
Tyrone Taylor is Requesting Reinstatement on Your Prospect Lists
by Noah Nofz, BP Milwaukee

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 11, 2018, 8:19 AM Post

Global Moderator
VIDEO via KRDO in Colorado Springs: Bubba Derby on "58 Strong", his commitment to the Las Vegas victims

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 1:10 PM Post
Purple Mays Haze
3:05 Best example of 70/80 hit tool but 20 run and field in the minors right now?
Eric A Longenhagen
3:07 Hmmm, that's tough. Maybe Nate Orf? I don't think he's a 2 runner or anything but I think he hits a ton and that's kinda it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 08, 2018, 2:23 PM Post

Global Moderator
Multiple video interview links, quotes, and details from Corbin Burnes Fresno / Bakersfield homecoming --

Corbin Burnes looks to find stride, and a Major League call-up
Teddy Feinberg, Bakersfield.com

"In the fourth, fifth inning finally settled in. Throw some good, quality pitches. Really, for the first time all season really felt relaxed out there. Felt like I did last year.”

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 11, 2018, 12:39 PM Post
Big opening at 1B now, right? I assume Miller plays SS to get some time in there.

I see Bandy played 1B yesterday. Thats one way of Nottingham and Bandy getting at bats, but keeping them fresh.

Outside of the box, has Wren ever played any infield ever? We know what he is as an OFer by now. Could check a box on the resume if he were able to scoop grounders and throws and be able to play some 1B now. Make more valuable as bench player.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 11, 2018, 5:11 PM Post
Roderick said:
Big opening at 1B now, right? I assume Miller plays SS to get some time in there.

I see Bandy played 1B yesterday. Thats one way of Nottingham and Bandy getting at bats, but keeping them fresh.

Outside of the box, has Wren ever played any infield ever? We know what he is as an OFer by now. Could check a box on the resume if he were able to scoop grounders and throws and be able to play some 1B now. Make more valuable as bench player.

Bring up Nick Ramirez and he can play 1st and pitch out of the pen.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 13, 2018, 6:25 AM Post
Mr Southpaw said:
Roderick said:

Why is Ramirez not up to AAA? I thought maybe AA is short of pen arms, but I don't see that to be the case. I know you need to save room for the guys that you can treat like a rented mule (Dillard, Zagurski), but it would seem you could find room for him. Unless Ramirez has been playing so long for Biloxi that he is the mayor now, he has been there four straight years now.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 13, 2018, 7:08 AM Post
Roderick said:
Mr Southpaw said:
Roderick said:

Why is Ramirez not up to AAA? I thought maybe AA is short of pen arms, but I don't see that to be the case. I know you need to save room for the guys that you can treat like a rented mule (Dillard, Zagurski), but it would seem you could find room for him. Unless Ramirez has been playing so long for Biloxi that he is the mayor now, he has been there four straight years now.

Ya, I kind of assumed he was in Colorado Springs too. Makes you wonder if the organization doesn't see anything in him. They did let him become a minor league free agent last year but he did resign eventually.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 13, 2018, 7:23 AM Post
Roderick said:
Mr Southpaw said:
Roderick said:

Could be that the organization doesn't figure Ramirez's stuff would work well in Colorado. We've seen plenty of pitchers get knocked around there.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2  [ 40 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test