LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 71 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Your 2018 Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Offline  Your 2018 Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Posted: March 29, 2018, 8:41 AM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
We will begin to see some formal minor league roster announcements soon. The formal announcement will come directly from the Sky Sox, not the Brewers. All four minor league affiliates will likely send out their press releases within an hour or so of each other once the Brewers have given them the official go-ahead to do so.

Opening Night is Thursday 4/5!

NOTE: Last season, the affiliates released their rosters on Tuesday AM, just two days prior)

Feel free to link to any formal notices you see here.

Often we learn via farmhand tweets, who has been assigned where, prior to the formal affiliate announcements. We'll link to any of those posts in this thread as they come out.

As you might know, we use the "Your 2018" threads to post and link to feature stories that are outside the scope of game activity covered in the Daily Link Report.

These threads have become among the most popular for viewing here, and we look forward to kicking them off formally.

Please don't speculate here at this time, this is an anxious time for many on the farm, and unfortunately we're also likely going to learn about more player releases in the next few days, in addition to those players excited about their assignments.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Your 2018 Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (Pre-Season Placeholder)

Posted: March 29, 2018, 6:27 PM Post
Got my opening day tickets.

[smile]

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Roster

Posted: April 01, 2018, 6:42 PM Post
The Timber Rattlers got a preliminary roster from the Brewers last Thursday. Subject to change, but it was pretty much what you would expect. The ones that stood out were Harrison and Henry at catcher, Garcia in the infield and Demi returns in the outfield.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (Pre-Season Placeholder)

Posted: April 01, 2018, 6:55 PM Post
Also had Lutz in the outfield.

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Roster

Posted: April 01, 2018, 7:32 PM Post
Tater3154 said:
The Timber Rattlers got a preliminary roster from the Brewers last Thursday. Subject to change, but it was pretty much what you would expect. The ones that stood out were Harrison and Henry at catcher, Garcia in the infield and Demi returns in the outfield.

got a link, or full list?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 01, 2018, 8:35 PM Post
No, just saw it at the Timber Rattlers front desk when I picked up some tickets

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 02, 2018, 7:59 AM Post
Looking forward to seeing how Lutz and Harrison (especially behind the dish) do. I’m hoping Lutz is a prodigy and am hoping Harrison is a keeper at catcher, even if it’s as an average defender.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 03, 2018, 1:08 AM Post

Global Moderator
AUDIO VIA WTAQ: Timber Rattlers' Chris Mehring - Dir. of Media Relations "Play Ball"

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 03, 2018, 9:06 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Timber Rattlers roster announced.

GRAND CHUTE, WI - The Wisconsin Timber Rattlers have announced a tentative roster for the 2018 Midwest League season. The Milwaukee Brewers have placed 28 players on this roster. The team will need to be down to the 25-player limit by Thursday when the team opens their schedule with a game against the Beloit Snappers.

Baseball America ranks four players on this tentative roster as Top 30 Prospects in the Brewers system. They rank outfielder Tristan Lutz (11), catchers KJ Harrison (16) and Payton Henry (28), and pitcher Carlos Herrera (26) on their list. MLB Pipeline has placed Lutz (9) and Harrison (21) on their list of Brewers prospects.

Wisconsin has eight members of the 2017 Milwaukee Brewers draft class, including four players from the top ten rounds of the draft: Lutz (Competitive Balance Round A; James W. Martin High School, Arlington, Texas), Harrison (3rd round; Oregon State University), pitcher Bowden Francis (7th round; Chipola (FL) College), and pitcher Alec Bettinger (10th Round; University of Virginia) were all picked in the top ten rounds. The other 2017 draft picks of the Brewers to join the Rattlers this year are: Pitchers Dylan File (21st round, Dixie State College of Utah), Robbie Hitt (24th round, Quinnipiac University), and Christian Taugner (37th round, Brown University) and catcher Brent Diaz (29th round, Louisiana Tech University).

Seven players return to the Fox Cities from the 2017 team: Pitchers Herrera and Rodrigo Benoit; infielders Gilbert Lara and Trever Morrison; and outfielders Zach Clark, Demi Orimoloye, and Joantgel Segovia.

2018 TIMBER RATTLERS:
PITCHERS (14): Rodrigo Benoit, Alec Bettinger, Joaquín De La Cruz, Dylan File, Bowden Francis, Gabe Friese, Matt hardy, Nelson Hernández, Carlos Herrera, Robbie Hitt, Jenri Montas, Braulio Ortiz, Michael Petersen, Christian Taugner

CATCHERS (3): Brent Diaz, KJ Harrison, Payton Henry

INFIELDERS (6): Gabriel García, Gilbert Lara, Franly Mallen, Pat McInerney, Trever Morrison, Nick Roscetti

OUTFIELDERS (5): Zach Clark, Jay Feliciano, Tristen Lutz, Demi Orimoloye, Joantgel Segovia

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Wisconsin Timber Rattlers (Roster Announced)

Posted: April 03, 2018, 2:34 PM Post
Enjoy Tristen Lutz for the few months we will have him up here in Appleton. Love that we open with him.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Your 2018 Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Posted: April 04, 2018, 2:25 AM Post

Global Moderator
VIDEO via WBAY: Timber Rattlers start the season with a snowy Media Day

VIDEO via wearegreenbay.com: More snow, more quotes

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 04, 2018, 3:07 AM Post

Global Moderator
Quotes and photo gallery via the Post-Crescent

Timber Rattlers prepare for cold, start of new baseball season
Mike Sherry

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Your 2018 Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Posted: April 04, 2018, 9:44 AM Post
I was at the opener about 5 years ago. It wasn't meant to be the opener as that game got snowed out, so the one I went to was a double header.

For $10, I got 5-1/2 hours of baseball. [smile]

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 04, 2018, 11:29 AM Post
Zad Fnark said:
I was at the opener about 5 years ago. It wasn't meant to be the opener as that game got snowed out, so the one I went to was a double header.

For $10, I got 5-1/2 hours of baseball. [smile]

That was 2010... The famous Scooter vs the Snowman happened on what was supposed to be opening day...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 04, 2018, 11:48 AM Post
Yeah, Scooter...

My wife fell in love with him right away there. He's about the same age as my son, except he's not 6'3" like my kid.

Was neat seeing him make it all the way up from there.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 05, 2018, 3:16 AM Post

Global Moderator
Brewers prospect Tristen Lutz passed up dream of playing in college
by Mike Sherry, Appleton Post-Crescent

Timber Rattlers prepare for cold, start of new baseball season
by Mike Sherry, Appleton Post-Crescent

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2018, 2:03 AM Post

Global Moderator
Frosty Microbrew: New, Returning Rattlers Ready for Opening Day
By Kyle Lobner / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

AUDIO via the Rattler Radio Soundcloud: "It was the day before the 2018 season and all through the Park....In this edition of the Rattler Radio Podcast Chris Mehring & Kyle Lobner have audio from Timber Rattlers Media Day with Tristen Lutz, Matt Erickson, KJ Harrison, Demi Orimoloye, & Bowden Francis. Also, Kyle gets to ask Chris questions about Minor League Spring Training! Plus, a lot more in the final podcast before the start of the new season!"

NOTE FROM KYLE (Patreon Link): "Even with my new feature story and yesterday's podcast, there was a lot from @TimberRattlers Media Day that I didn't get to share. For my Patreon supporters I have half an hour of Media Day audio featuring Tristen Lutz, KJ Harrison and much more"

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 06, 2018, 1:05 PM Post
Tonight's game @ Beloit has been postponed due to cold weather.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2018, 11:59 AM Post
Gilbert Lara, who coming into 2018 had 35 career walks in 190 Minor League games, has 4 walks in his first 5 games. Way too early to tell but maybe a sign that he's making some adjustments?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 12, 2018, 5:35 PM Post
Greenleaf1 said:
Gilbert Lara, who coming into 2018 had 35 career walks in 190 Minor League games, has 4 walks in his first 5 games. Way too early to tell but maybe a sign that he's making some adjustments?

Sure hope so, he was a trainwreck last year in Appleton.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 71 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test