LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 73 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Your 2018 Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Offline  Re: Your 2018 Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Posted: April 17, 2018, 3:34 PM Post
I would say Lara is off to a bit of a better start this year than even his biggest supporters could have hoped for...

.394/.459/.667 with 2 HRs and k% < 20% through the first 9 games.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 20, 2018, 4:37 PM Post
I realize its early and the weather hasn't been the best. That said, the Rattlers are off to a 3-10 start & their team OBP% is @ .290 The Team WHIP for the pitchers 1.65 Neither of those are good numbers. I think this is something worth keeping an eye on.

If this doesn't improve, I would worry that the Brewer rebuild was curtailed prematurely and any window of contending will be shorter than any of us would like.

Does anyone else have any concerns?

Last edited by MadThinker88 on April 21, 2018, 7:48 PM, edited 1 time in total.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 21, 2018, 1:49 AM Post
MadThinker88 said:
I realize its early and the weather hasn't been the best. That said, the Rattlers are off to a 3-10 start & their team OBP% is @ .290 The Team WHIP for the pitchers 1.65 Neither of those are good numbers. I think this is something worth keeping an eye on.

If this doesn't improve, I would worry that the Brewer rebuild was curtailed prematurely and and window of contending will be shorter than any of us would like.

Does anyone else have any concerns?

I've got a feeling the offense rebounds a bit. You've got a few very talented guys really struggling.

That being said, as weird as this is to say, I've been pleasantly surprised by the pitching staff. Look at it this way, at the start of the season, they had one guy who was on any prospect lists, Herrera, and he is clearly not fully stretched out. You also are coming off a draft in which you picked two four-year college pitchers in the first 20 rounds and one of those is out with an injury. The previous year I believe you only signed two high school pitchers and one of them missed the following year with injury and the other has been cut. And the DSL guys on the roster really had a total of one above-average year between them. This truly had the potential to be even worse than it is.

Francis has looked good thus far. If he or even someone like Peterson becomes a solid prospect and Herrera and Pennington pitch well, the Brewers will have emerged ahead of the game, prospect-wise, even if the staff as a whole posts pretty dreadful numbers.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 21, 2018, 4:29 PM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Frosty Microbrew: McInerney, Feliciano Work to Overcome Long Odds
By Kyle Lobner / Wisconsin Timber Rattlers

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 23, 2018, 3:50 AM Post

Global Moderator
Peoria close to home for Timber Rattlers infielder Nick Roscetti
By David Allen, Peoria Journal Star

Photos within, and insights into how the series in Peoria to avoid multiple home snow-outs came about.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 25, 2018, 8:30 AM Post
One under the radar guy I can see being a top 30 guy in the future is P Michael Peterson. In 11.2 innings so far he has only given up two walks while striking out 13 batters and allowing no runs.

On the lighter side for being 6'7" but he reached 95 mph last night, and was consistently in the 92-94 mph range.

I also absolutely love his intensity on the mound as well.

Has he caught anyone else's eye?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 25, 2018, 10:05 AM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Yah, he's been a super sleeper prospect for a few years. Bill Mitchell (I think) had a few reports on him back in 2015 in the AZL that piqued a lot of interest but it took Petersen a few years to get out of short season so that initial excitement fizzled a bit.

Like you said, great arm and pitching tools. His issue dating back to his work as an amateur has always been control. If and when he is able to harnass that, and it appears he has thus far this year, watch out. I actually haven't seen him pitch yet this year, but I do intend to go back and watch last night's game at some point soon.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 25, 2018, 1:43 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
Here's what I saw from Petersen as I watched his outing over lunch: high 3/4 delivery, fairly straight FB with occasional armside run, swing and miss true 12-6 CB that he commanded pretty well, a few changeups (I think that's what they were) that had some dip. He was missing pretty regularly with his FB both gloveside and up, especially early on. Batters were having a hard time getting around on the FB. Not sure his command plays at a high level at this point, but it's better than it was reported to be. I do think the CB has a chance to be a plus pitch, and his arm angle/long arms certainly help with it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 27, 2018, 8:15 PM Post
Check out the T-Rats box score tonight for some pleasant surprises...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 28, 2018, 10:18 AM Post
Good news for Tristen Lutz is despite his line still looking pretty ugly, over the last 7 games (only 16 games in) he has shown life and turn around.

First 9 games: 2-37 .056 Average, 1 XBH (HR) 2 BB/ 16 Ks.... about a 5% BB to 42% K Rates

Last 7 games: 8-27 .296 Average 3 XBH (HR, 2 2B) 2 BB / 6KS ....about 6.5% BB to 20% K Rates

Factor age, the aggressive assignment and weather.... not surprising he got off to such a rough start but hopefully he can keep trending up. I'm still very high on him!

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2018, 6:04 AM Post

Global Moderator
Timber Rattlers prospect McInerney played with Frank Kaminsky, against Jabari Parker
Mike Sherry, Appleton Post-Crescent

Interesting and fun Q&A...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2018, 7:29 PM Post
YoungGeezy1 said:
Good news for Tristen Lutz is despite his line still looking pretty ugly, over the last 7 games (only 16 games in) he has shown life and turn around.

First 9 games: 2-37 .056 Average, 1 XBH (HR) 2 BB/ 16 Ks.... about a 5% BB to 42% K Rates

Last 7 games: 8-27 .296 Average 3 XBH (HR, 2 2B) 2 BB / 6KS ....about 6.5% BB to 20% K Rates

Factor age, the aggressive assignment and weather.... not surprising he got off to such a rough start but hopefully he can keep trending up. I'm still very high on him!

Same here, but today was not very friendly to him. Picked off 1B, and a misjudged fly ball in RF.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: April 29, 2018, 7:30 PM Post
Zach Clark absolutely crushed a ball to left center today, a true no doubter! So far, I have enjoyed watching this year's squad.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 04, 2018, 11:34 AM Post

Global Moderator
Frosty Microbrew: Lara, Segovia Capitalize on Second Chances

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 06, 2018, 4:55 PM Post
Lara has tied his season high for HR with 3. He's only hit 6 in all of 3 seasons. I thought he would have hit more.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 07, 2018, 11:47 AM Post
Nice to see Lara producing at the plate finally. What surprises me most when watching him play is his lack of speed on the bases.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 09, 2018, 11:54 AM Post

Global Moderator
VIDEO via wearegreenbay.com: Tristen Lutz, Pat McInerney's path to the pros

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 10, 2018, 7:57 AM Post
More Info on Lutz

https://2080baseball.com/2018/05/weekly ... e-reports/

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 16, 2018, 5:38 AM Post

Global Moderator
VIDEO via Kelly Price of NBC26: Top-10 Brewers prospect Tristen Lutz adjusting to pro life in Wisconsin

Gilbert Lara has grown up in the Brewers' minor-league system
Todd Rosiak, Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

AUDIO via the Journal-Sentinel Brewers' Podcast: Rosiak discusses Lara at the 22:40 minute mark.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 19, 2018, 3:04 AM Post

Global Moderator
Frosty Microbrew: File, Henry chasing big league dreams together

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 73 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test