LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 65 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

BF.net Fan Community Top 25 Prospects - 2018 Pre-Season Edition

Online  Re: BF.net Fan Community Top 25 Prospects - 2018 Pre-Season Edition

Posted: May 24, 2018, 9:35 AM Post
Global Moderator
Outlander said:
Taylor Williams has his 45 days in for the year making him ineligible for the future. MLB Pipeline has removed him from their list and added Payton Henry at 29.

I knew that was going to happen around this time. That means Williams and Woodruff are ineligible for our next prospect poll.

The only other guys I could see getting bumped would be Phillips - who is 29 ABs away from losing his rookie eligibility. But that would require something to happen (such as an injury) to get him playing time.

One under-the-radar guy could be Jorge Lopez. He's bounced up and down on the roster, and by end of July, he may potentially accrue 45 days of service.

Peralta is another guy - assuming he is brought back up and sticks in the rotation.

If Nottingham hadn't gotten hurt there was a possibility that he could have displaced Bandy - but I doubt that happens now.

Josh Pennington is, due to his retirement, the other guy who won't be garnering any votes.

I could see Zack Brown and Jankins moving into the Top 25 - plus whomever we take with our top pick in next month's draft. Payton Henry might get some interest as well. And if Nate Orf isn't freed, perhaps he can sneak in.

Also, the short ball players will start to accumulate some numbers - such as Lemons and Carmona will start making their mark.

I expect Bickford to drop out. Plus a few other fringe guys are not playing or having tough seasons - so there could be some movement there.

Should be interesting.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 24, 2018, 4:43 PM Post
Speaking of Bickford, has anything found out anything yet about where the heck he is?

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: BF.net Fan Community Top 25 Prospects - 2018 Pre-Season Edition

Posted: May 24, 2018, 7:11 PM Post
One of these threads had a report from him in extended spring training pitching in the mid 80s

reillymcshane said:
Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 28, 2018, 9:05 AM Post
reillymcshane said:
Outlander said:
Taylor Williams has his 45 days in for the year making him ineligible for the future. MLB Pipeline has removed him from their list and added Payton Henry at 29.

I knew that was going to happen around this time. That means Williams and Woodruff are ineligible for our next prospect poll.

The only other guys I could see getting bumped would be Phillips - who is 29 ABs away from losing his rookie eligibility. But that would require something to happen (such as an injury) to get him playing time.

One under-the-radar guy could be Jorge Lopez. He's bounced up and down on the roster, and by end of July, he may potentially accrue 45 days of service.

Peralta is another guy - assuming he is brought back up and sticks in the rotation.

If Nottingham hadn't gotten hurt there was a possibility that he could have displaced Bandy - but I doubt that happens now.

Josh Pennington is, due to his retirement, the other guy who won't be garnering any votes.

I could see Zack Brown and Jankins moving into the Top 25 - plus whomever we take with our top pick in next month's draft. Payton Henry might get some interest as well. And if Nate Orf isn't freed, perhaps he can sneak in.

Also, the short ball players will start to accumulate some numbers - such as Lemons and Carmona will start making their mark.

I expect Bickford to drop out. Plus a few other fringe guys are not playing or having tough seasons - so there could be some movement there.

Should be interesting.

I agree on this, especially Zach Brown, im not sure people realiz just how well he is pitching. Also, I will be voting, and hope to see two timber rattlers make appearances due to VASTLY better showings this year plus pedigree in Demi orimoleye and Gilbert Lara.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 28, 2018, 9:42 AM Post
Wanted to champion for Payton Henry, guy didn't even make the top 50 of the preseason poll.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: May 31, 2018, 7:40 PM Post
This next one is going to be interesting. Some higher ranked guys struggling (Lutz, Erceg, Grisham), some former top guys resurging (Ray, Gatewood, Diplan), some fringe guys making a move (Brown, Supak, Nottingham, Henry).

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 01, 2018, 12:50 AM Post
There are a number of things that are going to be really interesting in the next poll. Does the value that the Brewers' bullpen has supplied this year lead to increased support for relievers (Torres-Costa) or projected relievers (Houser)? Are people buying Ray's improved production? Gatewood's power surge? What about the guys who were showing improvements before injuries? Am I going to be the only one putting Zack Brown in the top 10?

On a lower note, with Hiura's promotion and Neuhaus' recent struggles, how many position players from Carolina will get votes? You can make a good case that a 24-year-old repeating the level who needed a recent hot streak to get his OPS above .700 is now the team's best position player prospect.

Same question, given the struggles of Carlos Herrera and recent downturn of Bowden Francis, about the Wisconsin pitching staff?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 06, 2018, 7:51 AM Post
With Joantgel Segovia now playing in Carolina I would imagine he gets votes and into the top 25.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 06, 2018, 8:28 AM Post
I’d say Turang slides into the 7-10 range. Due to how raw he is, Gray Jr. more late teens. Bello, Ashby may get votes & compete for last few spots.

I’m not as big as some on ranking recent draft picks high until I see them perform a bit. Like Lutz last year showed he was a top prospect. I expect similar great performance from Turang

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 10, 2018, 9:31 AM Post
with segovia hitting like this hitting must be at least in the top 5 of the organization

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 10, 2018, 3:20 PM Post
Maybe top 5 in production. He has always had an incredible hit tool. Outside of last year, he’s always been a .340+ type bat. His game is improving & developing. Starting to produce some extra base hits & steal few more bags. When it come to ceiling, I don’t think he is top 5. He has 1 outstanding tool, rest of them are pretty average. I’d have him in top 20 though. See him somewhere between 15-20

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 11, 2018, 7:53 AM Post
FanGraphs just did an updated top 131. They had;

21 Keston Hiura

27 Corbin Burnes

76 Tristin Lutz

107 Corey Ray

Hiura and Burnes moved up their rankings. Lutz down slightly. Ray newly added.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 11, 2018, 8:42 AM Post
Global Moderator
TheJumpAround said:
FanGraphs just did an updated top 131. They had;

21 Keston Hiura

27 Corbin Burnes

76 Tristin Lutz

107 Corey Ray

Hiura and Burnes moved up their rankings. Lutz down slightly. Ray newly added.

I'm a bit surprised Lutz kept that high of a ranking - but they love the guy over there. And he's been playing better after the slow start.

Also surprised Peralta is didn't make things. I'm guessing there are concerns about his command - and ultimate role.

Ray is about where I expect - a borderline Top 100 guy. If he keeps playing well, he'll rise up. But as we've said, he needs to show his ability over a longer time frame to show he's actually improved.

Another thing they noted was that Erceg and Grisham have fallen off their radar, due to approach issues for Erceg and swing and miss issues for Grisham. Again, not a surprise.

https://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-upd ... -rankings/

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:23 AM Post
Peralta being left out doesn’t make a whole lot of sense. Again his minor league numbers are strikingly similar to Hader. Command concerns are also the same. He is a dominating pitcher & even doing it in CS. Rest all makes sense. Erceg has not been kid we keep hoping to see & Grisham can walk a ton but eventually needs to hit (still just 21 in AA so time to turn around). Figure there are at least 60 pitchers on the list, are there really 60 pitchers on Peralta’s level? Kid was called up before or right after his 22nd bday. How many 21 year olds fly up the system dominating way he has in clouding in toughest pitcher Park? Can’t tell me not one of those other pitchers has some command questions as well.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 11, 2018, 10:40 AM Post
I’d say Peralta has worse command issues than Hader ever had just watching him. Still you’d think he would find the Top 131.

Corey Ray I’d wish hit for a little more average than he has shown. The power has really shown up this year and has a very patient approach. Definitely having a turnaround year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 11, 2018, 11:53 AM Post
Global Moderator
Corey Ray has taken a huge step forward this year, I'm a fan of Lutz, and I'm excited for his future, but there is NO WAY he is a better prospect than Corey Ray.

Ray has more to work on, there's still too much swing and miss, and his defense needs to improve, but his combination of speed, power, and plate discipline is a big deal.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 11, 2018, 7:56 PM Post
M. Diplan has really turned in on in his last 6 starts. There are a lot of good performances in the minors this year. Going to be tough to just come up with my top 25. This system is so deep, I can list 75 legit prospects.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 14, 2018, 1:48 PM Post
Eric A Longenhagen
3:47 We've considered coding SP and RP differently on the board so this can be searchable but there are obvious problems with projecting guys there who are still starting and being wrong about it. The other pure relief 45 FVs or better I know we've got are: Seranthony, AJ Minter, Zack Burdi, Tanner Rainey, Freddy Peralta

Perhaps why he wasn't on the top 131...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 14, 2018, 2:44 PM Post
Bernie
4:43 Zack Brown, anything there? Looks really good right now

Eric A Longenhagen
4:43 93-96, plus breaker, change flashes above avg, delivery is violent and probably a reliever

Quote   Reply 

Posted: June 14, 2018, 3:30 PM Post
They didn't have Cam Roegner on the Top 131?

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next  [ 65 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test