Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 130 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Arizona Fall League

Online  Re: Arizona Fall League
Posted: November 08, 2018, 12:49 PM Post
TigerUppercut said:
And That said:
Scouting report on Bubba Derby from Jason Pennini:

https://twitter.com/jasonpennini/status ... 26112?s=21

Seems like a fringe guy. Given the lack of regard many here have for Zach Davies (who's stuff is better), I don't see this guy with his stuff being a prospect most would embrace.

Agreed. Plus command and fringy stuff simply doesn't cut it at the MLB level.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Arizona Fall League
Posted: November 08, 2018, 1:59 PM Post
TigerUppercut said:
And That said:

Seems like a fringe guy. Given the lack of regard many here have for Zach Davies (who's stuff is better), I don't see this guy with his stuff being a prospect most would embrace.

Regardless of this report in November, his fastball is typically 88-91 as a starter but in a strict pen role he'll sit 93 consistently with some movement. His change is above average and seems to be his second best offering followed by his curve, which seems to be decent and usable as a 3rd pitch. He's always had really good control and can pitch multiple innings. Whether it's here or elsewhere he's a MLB pen arm

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2018, 9:30 AM Post

Minor League Minutia Master
Global Moderator
Friday 11/9:

"Right-hander Miguel Sanchez lowered his ERA to 1.29 and earned his first AFL win after tossing two scoreless frames out of the bullpen. He surrendered two hits, walked one batter and struck out a pair."

Reminder daily winter league season-to-date numbers for all Brewers, across all leagues, are here, bookmark this page.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 10, 2018, 12:25 PM Post
Humans Need Water said:
TigerUppercut said:
And That said:

Regardless of this report in November, his fastball is typically 88-91 as a starter but in a strict pen role he'll sit 93 consistently with some movement. His change is above average and seems to be his second best offering followed by his curve, which seems to be decent and usable as a 3rd pitch. He's always had really good control and can pitch multiple innings. Whether it's here or elsewhere he's a MLB pen arm

In other words, a middle-relief role - a bridge to the back end of Jeffress/Knebel?

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 11, 2018, 5:46 AM Post

Global Moderator
Latest box score captures AFL season in a nutshell -- Keston Hiura still raking (video evidence), Wes Wilson putting himself squarely in a future Hernan Perez replacement role, and Trent Grisham with a very long fall campaign, now 6-for-50 (all singles) with 19 K's (11 walks).

Hiura now 7-for-9 in SB attempts after going only 15-for-26 in attempts during the 2018 regular season.

Rare run allowed by RHP Jon Olzcak, who has been stellar --

Surprise Bottom of the 9th

Pitching Change: Jon Olczak replaces Matt Walker.
Santiago Espinal walks.
Yanio Perez flies out to center fielder Ian Miller. Santiago Espinal to 2nd.
Bryan Reynolds grounds out, shortstop Ray-Patrick Didder to first baseman Braxton Davidson. Santiago Espinal to 3rd.
Will Craig singles on a sharp ground ball to center fielder Ian Miller, deflected by shortstop Ray-Patrick Didder. Santiago Espinal scores.
Khalil Lee flies out to center fielder Ian Miller.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2018, 12:39 PM Post

Global Moderator
Box Score -- More goodness from Wes Wilson and Daniel Brown on Monday, and credit where it's due on a good Trent Grisham day, too.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2018, 3:28 PM Post

Resident Hipster
Global Moderator
https://twitter.com/emilycwaldon/status ... 24960?s=21

Told by an American League scout regarding #Brewers Keston Hiura, "We all talk about the bat of Vladdy, with obvious reason, but outside of Vladdy, I'd call Keston the purest power bat I saw out in Arizona. He's just a special, special kid."

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2018, 5:12 PM Post
Global Moderator
And That said:
https://twitter.com/emilycwaldon/status/1062454833603624960?s=21

Told by an American League scout regarding #Brewers Keston Hiura, "We all talk about the bat of Vladdy, with obvious reason, but outside of Vladdy, I'd call Keston the purest power bat I saw out in Arizona. He's just a special, special kid."

I like special, special kids with pure power bats.

I'm very excited to see Hiura's performance next season.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2018, 5:31 PM Post
reillymcshane said:
And That said:
https://twitter.com/emilycwaldon/status/1062454833603624960?s=21

I like special, special kids with pure power bats.

I'm very excited to see Hiura's performance next season.

Especially at the 2nd base position. Cannot wait for June to see him in a Brewers uniform.

Quote   Reply 
Posted: November 13, 2018, 7:08 PM Post
clancyphile said:
Humans Need Water said:

In other words, a middle-relief role - a bridge to the back end of Jeffress/Knebel?

Yes, I think he's absolutely a middle reliever. He's a guy who can give you 3 innings too if there's an injury to a starter early in the game or if someone is getting rocked in the 3rd-4th innings and needs to come out. I don't think he's ever going to be a great middle reliever but I definitely think he can be a contributor in that role.

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  [ 130 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test