LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 144 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Arizona Fall League

Offline  Re: Arizona Fall League

Posted: October 14, 2018, 5:13 PM Post
Position flexibility and platoons aren't going away. The Brewers can sign a 2B (Eduardo Escobar) to play there everyday and then become a versatile, near every day player at 2B, SS, and 3B once Hiura comes up for good at the end of May. Basically sign a player to plug in at 2B to start the season and then once Hiura arrives, have that signee be someone who is versatile enough to cover everywhere. I'll be shocked if the Brewers don't make a strong push for Escobar. And that means no money or room for Schoop.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 14, 2018, 9:00 PM Post
Think we forget Dibon looked like he’d force his way to majors soon before ACL tear. He could easily factor in with a big spring. I really hope Moode is back. Shaw works 2nd & 3rd. Then they fill from there. Huira in 2020 everyday but if Moose is back & Shaw, keep him down until June or July

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Arizona Fall League

Posted: October 16, 2018, 5:44 PM Post
Another big day for Hiura

https://twitter.com/mlbazfallleague/sta ... 74592?s=21

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 16, 2018, 7:01 PM Post
Hoping for an infield next summer of Moustakas-Arcia-Hiura-Shaw.

Shaw-Arcia-Hiura-Aguilar also acceptable.

Love how Hiura is providing even more to be excited about in October this year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 17, 2018, 11:14 AM Post
Global Moderator
Vlad Jr. is so good.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 17, 2018, 12:06 PM Post
homer said:
Vlad Jr. is so good.

Is this true/false?

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2018, 9:23 AM Post
Greenleaf1 said:

I'm thinking Moustakas-Schoop-Hiura-Shaw would not be bad (I think Schoop rebounds next year).

Nice to have the problem of figuring out where to put all the talent.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2018, 9:35 AM Post
clancyphile said:
Greenleaf1 said:

I'm thinking Moustakas-Schoop-Hiura-Shaw would not be bad (I think Schoop rebounds next year).

For cripes sake, I know you aren't a big Arcia fan, but to keep writing him out of the lineup next year is looking more and more foolish every time you do it.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2018, 3:29 PM Post
clancyphile said:
Greenleaf1 said:

You should probably go Braun at SS instead of Schoop, with Aguilar in CF, Davies catching, and Suter as the opening day starter...

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 18, 2018, 8:36 PM Post
I see little to no chance of both Mouse and Schoop being here next season.

At least 1 will be gone......maybe both.

Arcia is the SS......don't think it's even debatable at this point.

He has been more then solid with the bat since his recall.......and we know what he can do with the glove.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2018, 7:49 AM Post
markedman5 said:
I see little to no chance of both Mouse and Schoop being here next season.

At least 1 will be gone......maybe both.

Arcia is the SS......don't think it's even debatable at this point.

He has been more then solid with the bat since his recall.......and we know what he can do with the glove.

I think it's pretty likely that both Schoop and Moustakas will be gone. I could see them adding a Harrison or Dozier if they want coverage in case they feel Hiura needs a bit more time. Either of those guys could have value at next year's deadline.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 19, 2018, 10:52 PM Post
DHonks said:
The Brewers have traditionally sent some players coming back from injury or players with something to prove. My guess is that Clint Coulter goes. Grisham isn't a bad bet.

I'd guess Bickford is a lock. Corbin Burnes to get more innings. Maybe Devin Williams

Amazing how things can change so quickly. When you wrote this, it was absolutely a plausible scenario...instead, he's getting the last 6 outs of game 6 in the NLCS and has become a key part of our dynamic pen.

On another not, can someone give me an update on Kirby? How's he looking...last I'd heard was that his velocity was back(actually better than his UV days)...but his command was understandably inconsistent. Anyone know how he's looking now? I'd like to get a power lefty into the upper levels.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 22, 2018, 4:35 PM Post
I know it's just a handful of innings, but it would be nice Daniel Brown would carry over the momentum from his strong showing thus far in the AFL into becoming a more legitimate prospect. Even if it is as a third lefty, injury fill-in type, the Brewers have shown they are willing to get a lot of mileage (quite literally) out of those guys during their option years.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 24, 2018, 1:36 PM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

For cripes sake, I know you aren't a big Arcia fan, but to keep writing him out of the lineup next year is looking more and more foolish every time you do it.

I would understand if someone was a big Dubon fan and felt he should be getting time at SS next year, but he's such a valuable defender...and he showed quite a bit of potential with the bat last year(which is why it was SOOO annoying to keep hearing about how he hit as many HR's in the post-season as all regular season as if he didn't hit 17 HR's last year and doesn't have any pop in his bat).

But you can't just gut your defense when your starters are ground ball pitchers by in large. Their relievers are obviously different, but still....the guy is so good and still sooo young. He HAS to be in our lineup.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 25, 2018, 5:12 PM Post
CheeseheadInQC said:
I know it's just a handful of innings, but it would be nice Daniel Brown would carry over the momentum from his strong showing thus far in the AFL into becoming a more legitimate prospect. Even if it is as a third lefty, injury fill-in type, the Brewers have shown they are willing to get a lot of mileage (quite literally) out of those guys during their option years.

https://twitter.com/haudricourt/status/ ... 05570?s=21

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 25, 2018, 7:08 PM Post
Another. dinger for Hiura

https://twitter.com/mlbpipeline/status/ ... 82656?s=21

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2018, 2:12 PM Post
And another

https://twitter.com/mlbazfallleague/sta ... 73568?s=21

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2018, 2:15 PM Post
Global Moderator
Keston Hiura just hit his fourth home run (and now 22 RBIs) in the Arizona Fall League. He is really in a good hitting grove right now with a lot of baseball scouts and front office personnel paying attention. I don’t think it is crazy to think he will vault his stock into a consensus top ten prospect in baseball by the end of the fall league season.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2018, 2:49 PM Post
Peoria 2B Keston Hiura (@Brewers) follows his three-run homer with an RBI double. The former NCAA batting champion is hitting .347. The Javelinas lead Salt River 7-0. B4. #afl18

AFL twitter account

Quote   Reply 

Posted: October 27, 2018, 2:51 PM Post
Global Moderator
From Eric Longenhagen: “23 [RBIs]. More importantly, made a strong throw to complete a 6-4-3.”

Quote   Reply 
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next  [ 144 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test