LambeauLeap1250 WSSP

Test

[ 10 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Braden Webb

Offline  Braden Webb

Posted: September 12, 2018, 4:59 AM Post
What has Braden Webb done differently over the last month since moving to AA? Last night he was almost perfect in the first game of the AA championship series. Why would the management start him ahead of Zach Brown if they did not know he had a new secret weapon?

Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Braden Webb

Posted: September 12, 2018, 8:29 AM Post
Mr Southpaw said:
What has Braden Webb done differently over the last month since moving to AA? Last night he was almost perfect in the first game of the AA championship series. Why would the management start him ahead of Zach Brown if they did not know he had a new secret weapon?

Everything I've read shows a general uptick in stuff from Webb this year. I also know command was a pretty big issue for him most of his minor league career, so maybe he's harnessed it better? Just general guesses, I'm sure someone like And That could weigh in better.

Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Braden Webb

Posted: September 12, 2018, 8:54 AM Post
Do you think it is possible that Webb, Brown, Harber and Supak are all in the AAA rotation next year? Diplan, Jankins, Ponce and Roegner have had their moments as well. Brewers have a lot of talented arms hitting the upper levels of the system.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2018, 10:46 AM Post
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Do you think it is possible that Webb, Brown, Harber and Supak are all in the AAA rotation next year? Diplan, Jankins, Ponce and Roegner have had their moments as well. Brewers have a lot of talented arms hitting the upper levels of the system.

Couple that with a decent chunk of the AA team that gets bumped to a non-launching pad AAA team. I think AAA is going to be crazy loaded with top organizational prospects next year.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2018, 11:36 AM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:

Couple that with a decent chunk of the AA team that gets bumped to a non-launching pad AAA team. I think AAA is going to be crazy loaded with top organizational prospects next year.

It was my understanding that in comparing ballpark to ballpark, each PCL park was a launching pad when compared to the IL parks. It was just a matter of degrees of how much of launching pad each place was.

Unless there is a drastic move, all the AAA affiliate openings for 2019 are in the PCL so the Brewers are still dealing with some sort of launching pad..

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 12, 2018, 9:24 PM Post
PCL in general is hitter-friendly, yeah. CS takes it to the next level though.

EDIT: Actually this was linked in another thread. Plenty of hitter-friendly ballparks in the PCL, none more so than Colorado Springs. But also several that aren't very hitter friendly at all.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 13, 2018, 6:17 PM Post
KeithStone53151 said:
Mr Southpaw said:

Everything I've read shows a general uptick in stuff from Webb this year. I also know command was a pretty big issue for him most of his minor league career, so maybe he's harnessed it better? Just general guesses, I'm sure someone like And That could weigh in better.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 14, 2018, 8:39 PM Post
The walks are still a bit high for my liking as he's performing right to the scouting reports coming out but I will say this. If he can make the necessary adjustments to cut the walks down, the 2016 draft is starting to look like a potentially franchise changer with Ray, Feliciano (still alot to prove but young), Webb, Burnes and Brown in the first 5 rounds.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 17, 2018, 12:49 PM Post
TigerUppercut said:
The walks are still a bit high for my liking as he's performing right to the scouting reports coming out but I will say this. If he can make the necessary adjustments to cut the walks down, the 2016 draft is starting to look like a potentially franchise changer with Ray, Feliciano (still alot to prove but young), Webb, Burnes and Brown in the first 5 rounds.

That pitching though...I like those 3 pitchers way more than either of the bats, says more about the pitchers than the bats because both are very promising.

Quote   Reply 

Posted: September 20, 2018, 2:30 PM Post
Further down, Roegner, Hummel, and Weston Wilson look like they could be contributors as well.

Quote   Reply 
 [ 10 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test