LambeauLeap1250 WSSP


Test
  
 [ 10 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply

Braden Webb

Author Message
Offline  Braden Webb
#1

Posted: September 12, 2018, 4:59 AM Post
Posts: 674
What has Braden Webb done differently over the last month since moving to AA? Last night he was almost perfect in the first game of the AA championship series. Why would the management start him ahead of Zach Brown if they did not know he had a new secret weapon?


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Braden Webb
#2

Posted: September 12, 2018, 8:29 AM Post
Posts: 3468
Location: New Berlin, WI
Mr Southpaw said:
What has Braden Webb done differently over the last month since moving to AA? Last night he was almost perfect in the first game of the AA championship series. Why would the management start him ahead of Zach Brown if they did not know he had a new secret weapon?


Everything I've read shows a general uptick in stuff from Webb this year. I also know command was a pretty big issue for him most of his minor league career, so maybe he's harnessed it better? Just general guesses, I'm sure someone like And That could weigh in better.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Braden Webb
#3

Posted: September 12, 2018, 8:54 AM Post
User avatar
Posts: 4967
Location: Three Lakes, WI
Do you think it is possible that Webb, Brown, Harber and Supak are all in the AAA rotation next year? Diplan, Jankins, Ponce and Roegner have had their moments as well. Brewers have a lot of talented arms hitting the upper levels of the system.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Braden Webb
#4

Posted: September 12, 2018, 10:46 AM Post
Posts: 3468
Location: New Berlin, WI
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Do you think it is possible that Webb, Brown, Harber and Supak are all in the AAA rotation next year? Diplan, Jankins, Ponce and Roegner have had their moments as well. Brewers have a lot of talented arms hitting the upper levels of the system.


Couple that with a decent chunk of the AA team that gets bumped to a non-launching pad AAA team. I think AAA is going to be crazy loaded with top organizational prospects next year.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Braden Webb
#5

Posted: September 12, 2018, 11:36 AM Post
Posts: 962
Location: Ohio
KeithStone53151 said:
Joey Meyer Bombs said:
Do you think it is possible that Webb, Brown, Harber and Supak are all in the AAA rotation next year? Diplan, Jankins, Ponce and Roegner have had their moments as well. Brewers have a lot of talented arms hitting the upper levels of the system.


Couple that with a decent chunk of the AA team that gets bumped to a non-launching pad AAA team. I think AAA is going to be crazy loaded with top organizational prospects next year.


It was my understanding that in comparing ballpark to ballpark, each PCL park was a launching pad when compared to the IL parks. It was just a matter of degrees of how much of launching pad each place was.

Unless there is a drastic move, all the AAA affiliate openings for 2019 are in the PCL so the Brewers are still dealing with some sort of launching pad..


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Braden Webb
#6

Posted: September 12, 2018, 9:24 PM Post
Posts: 571
PCL in general is hitter-friendly, yeah. CS takes it to the next level though.

EDIT: Actually this was linked in another thread. Plenty of hitter-friendly ballparks in the PCL, none more so than Colorado Springs. But also several that aren't very hitter friendly at all.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Braden Webb
#7

Posted: September 13, 2018, 6:17 PM Post
Posts: 674
KeithStone53151 said:
Mr Southpaw said:
What has Braden Webb done differently over the last month since moving to AA? Last night he was almost perfect in the first game of the AA championship series. Why would the management start him ahead of Zach Brown if they did not know he had a new secret weapon?


Everything I've read shows a general uptick in stuff from Webb this year. I also know command was a pretty big issue for him most of his minor league career, so maybe he's harnessed it better? Just general guesses, I'm sure someone like And That could weigh in better.


Thanks for your thoughts.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Braden Webb
#8

Posted: September 14, 2018, 8:39 PM Post
User avatar
Posts: 191
The walks are still a bit high for my liking as he's performing right to the scouting reports coming out but I will say this. If he can make the necessary adjustments to cut the walks down, the 2016 draft is starting to look like a potentially franchise changer with Ray, Feliciano (still alot to prove but young), Webb, Burnes and Brown in the first 5 rounds.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Online  Re: Braden Webb
#9

Posted: September 17, 2018, 12:49 PM Post
Posts: 3468
Location: New Berlin, WI
TigerUppercut said:
The walks are still a bit high for my liking as he's performing right to the scouting reports coming out but I will say this. If he can make the necessary adjustments to cut the walks down, the 2016 draft is starting to look like a potentially franchise changer with Ray, Feliciano (still alot to prove but young), Webb, Burnes and Brown in the first 5 rounds.


That pitching though...I like those 3 pitchers way more than either of the bats, says more about the pitchers than the bats because both are very promising.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Offline  Re: Braden Webb
#10

Posted: September 20, 2018, 2:30 PM Post
Posts: 3796
Further down, Roegner, Hummel, and Weston Wilson look like they could be contributors as well.


 Top
 
Quote   Reply 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 [ 10 posts ]  New Topic   Add Reply
Test
  


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search this forum (phpBB search):
Jump to:  
Search entire board (Google search):
Google
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
Test